Best Brand of Narrowband Nebula/Skyglow Filter?

Old July 14th 03, 12:11 AM
Zan Hecht

Default Best Brand of Narrowband Nebula/Skyglow Filter?

I lost my trusty Orion Ultrablock filter, and am currently looking for
a replacement narrow-band filter. I want a general purpose filter to
use with an 8" SCT that will provide the best nebula enhancement under
moderately dark skies (about 1 hour outside of Los Angeles). I am
looking at either getting another UltraBlock, or going with another
filter such as the UHC, the Sirius Optics Neb-1, the IDAS NBN-PV, the
Meade 908Narrow, the Thousand Oaks LP-2, etc. Does anyone have
recommendations or comparisons? Which filter will have the best
overall effect?

Thanks!

-- Zan Hecht