ISS

Old December 30th 11, 10:55 PM posted to sci.space.station
abhi s

Default ISS

how health issues are managed on iss?
can crew medical officer really handle it?
is any research about human health is going in in iss?
Old December 31st 11, 07:56 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

I'd have thought that lots of research on health is going on, indeed the
Dutch chap is doing all sorts of tests is he not?
The worry I suppose would be what happens if a condition occurs that needs
fast treatment back on earth. At the present one assumes this could be done
at the loss of three people on station, but half way to an Asteroid?
I think sooner or later some serious health issue will come up. It has to
by the law of averages.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old December 31st 11, 11:07 PM posted to sci.space.station
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On 1/01/2012 5:56 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought that lots of research on health is going on, indeed the
Dutch chap is doing all sorts of tests is he not?
The worry I suppose would be what happens if a condition occurs that needs
fast treatment back on earth. At the present one assumes this could be done
at the loss of three people on station, but half way to an Asteroid?
I think sooner or later some serious health issue will come up. It has to
by the law of averages.

Brian

The same problem could occur anytime during a mission to anywhere.
That's one of the reason's why astronauts are so fit.