International Dark-Sky Association gone out of Business?

Old June 10th 06, 12:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default International Dark-Sky Association gone out of Business?

I am posting about the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) has probably
gone out of Business! I never received the Spring, 2006 IDA newsletter in
the mail. Has anybody experience mail or email problems with IDA? IDA has
never had a huge membership level like The Planetary Society has. If IDA is
still in Business, I doubfully they will ever have a huge membership. So,
IDA is a failed organization with ragtag fighters for a dark-sky worldwide!
IDA never reach out for a membership drive! Do you see what I mean? In
closing, let's have rebuttals to this posting.

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 06, 12:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

I never was a member, but in my own area I carry on the fight.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

Old June 10th 06, 03:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Ron Purdue wrote:
I am posting about the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) has probably
gone out of Business! I never received the Spring, 2006 IDA newsletter

Hi:

Well...did you think to check their website? You know, there _might_ be
other reasons for you not receiving a newsletter than the IDA goin'
outa business, don't you think? ;-)'

A glance at their webpages indicates that they are alive and well...

Peace,
Rod Mollise
and _The Urban Astronomer's Guide_

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Join the SCT User Mailing List.

See my home page at
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm
for further info

For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog See:
http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/

Old June 11th 06, 02:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:50:15 GMT, "Ron Purdue"
wrote:

I am posting about the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) has probably
gone out of Business! I never received the Spring, 2006 IDA newsletter in
the mail. Has anybody experience mail or email problems with IDA? IDA has
never had a huge membership level like The Planetary Society has. If IDA is
still in Business, I doubfully they will ever have a huge membership. So,
IDA is a failed organization with ragtag fighters for a dark-sky worldwide!
IDA never reach out for a membership drive! Do you see what I mean? In
closing, let's have rebuttals to this posting.

Did you request mailed newsletters the last time you renewed? I think
you need to specifically ask, otherwise they use email. Big cost
savings, there.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old June 13th 06, 02:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Yes, I asked for a mailed newsletter from IDA but I do not know if my name
is on their mailing list. I renewed last December. If I don't recieve the
newsletter in a week, then I will call them on my cell phone. BTW, The
latest newsletter has been posted on IDA's website that I can download and
print!

http://www.usenet.com

ED CONRAD WILL WIN IN THE LONG RUN -- 1996 Prediction Coming True -- Evolution Going Belly Up -- Man as Old as Coal Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 May 10th 06 01:31 PM
THE INCREDIBLE BILLY MEIER EXTRATERRESTRIAL CASE -- All the critics can go to hell [email protected] Astronomy Misc 3 April 20th 06 08:23 PM
The GOSPEL OF JUDAS -- Hmmm! Ed Conrad right again!. Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 April 7th 06 01:00 PM
Question. Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 9 June 7th 05 07:54 PM
Hubble tracks down a galaxy cluster's dark matter (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 July 17th 03 01:42 PM