Newby advice needed D70 scope attachment

Old June 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Loony Tunes

Default Newby advice needed D70 scope attachment

I took the plunge and purchased a Nikon D70. Primarily for
home/personal stuff. (The Canon D10 was too expensive, the EOS felt
flimsy, and we have some Nikon lenses already) I have read a few
articles on attaching DSLRs to scopes and have been considering the
purchase of a Scopetronix MaxView DSLR. I have two scopes an etx90 and
a 10 inch SC. All my lenses are 1.5 inch. Seeing is mag 5.5 on a good
night here. It appears that my mailer can not search this mail group
except 1 message at a time or I would have checked all active messages
before posting. Can anyone point me to a review of this device or good
article, offer some advice, tell me what I should consider but might not
know, etc?
thanks
Old June 6th 04, 01:23 AM
Davoud

Loony Tunes:
I took the plunge and purchased a Nikon D70. Primarily for
home/personal stuff. (The Canon D10 was too expensive, the EOS felt
flimsy, and we have some Nikon lenses already) I have read a few
articles on attaching DSLRs to scopes and have been considering the
purchase of a Scopetronix MaxView DSLR. I have two scopes an etx90 and
a 10 inch SC. All my lenses are 1.5 inch. Seeing is mag 5.5 on a good
night here. It appears that my mailer can not search this mail group
except 1 message at a time or I would have checked all active messages
before posting. Can anyone point me to a review of this device or good
article, offer some advice, tell me what I should consider but might not
know, etc?

*****

You might find it useful to search SAA via
http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...group=sci.astr
o.amateur&safe=off. Another useful source of information is the
digital-camera astronomy group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digital_astro/. I see the D70 mentioned
there with considerable frequency.

Davoud