Bush's Moon Base. Can it be done?

Old January 9th 04, 07:45 PM
Volker Hetzer

Default Bush's Moon Base. Can it be done?

"LEM" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

In fact sending a man or woman anywhere into outer space,
meaning anywhere beyond low-earth orbit of 250-300 miles
which is nowhere near "outer" space, since even the Moon
is ONE THOUSAND TIMES further out in space than any rust-
bucket "shuttle" would ever dare venture, sending humans
into outer space would be like roasting them over a fire.
Now I like GW Bush, but he knows a man can't survive any-
where beyond the safety of low-earth orbit for more than
just a few hours. It can't be done. It's just a campaign
subterfuge.

So, in case NASA got on with it, what would you regard
as proof of astronauts on the moon this time round?

Greetings!
Volker
Old January 9th 04, 08:59 PM
LEM

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, "Volker Hetzer" wrote:
"LEM" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

In fact sending a man or woman anywhere into outer space,
meaning anywhere beyond low-earth orbit of 250-300 miles
which is nowhere near "outer" space, since even the Moon
is ONE THOUSAND TIMES further out in space than any rust-
bucket "shuttle" would ever dare venture, sending humans
into outer space would be like roasting them over a fire.
Now I like GW Bush, but he knows a man can't survive any-
where beyond the safety of low-earth orbit for more than
just a few hours. It can't be done. It's just a campaign
subterfuge.

So, in case NASA got on with it, what would you regard
as proof of astronauts on the moon this time round?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Since the
extant evidence of the alleged "manned" missions is so full
of holes you could drain the Pacific Ocean through it, plus
more than a third of a century later not even one of NASA's
manned spacecraft has ever been built to exceed a mere drop
in the bucket above Earth's own sealevel--here in the space-
age of "nanotechnology", digital wireless, high-performance
materials and 4 Ghz personal computers...at Wal*Mart prices!
Reflecting on all the technological advances even since The
Beatles were still together, Jimi Hendrix was still jamming,
Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" was still playing at thea-
tres and drive-ins, Haight-Asbury was still a cool place to
visit, M80s cost 25 cents apiece in Frisco's Chinatown, the
Vietnam "police-action" was still going strong and RM Nixon
had recently been inagurated as President, hippies & flower-
children, the hell's angels, and gypsy jokers were pounding
the streets with their unmuffled choppers and black leather
outfits with jeans so smelly not even a Tasmanian devil can
get near 'em, Jack-in-the-box restaurants were sprouting up
like spring daisies, maxed-out muscle cars were laying down
yards of rubber at every green light, blacklight posters or
concert adverts tacked on the telephone poles, and taped to
every teenager's bedroom walls etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

So sure if you want to believe that men walked ONE THOUSAND
TIMES further out in space than any manned NASA spacecrafts
have been able to navigate since Led Zeppelin was recording
their third album, you go ahead and keep believing it...and
feel free to believe in the tooth fairy! I prefer the facts
of the matter. If a man claims to go to the Moon in a space-
craft, then that man needs to prove--beyond any shadow of a
doubt--that he in-deed and in-fact did accomplish what he's
merely claimed to have done if he expects reasonable people
to believe that he's actually done it. Doctored up pictures
from under top-top-secret domes at Area51 don't cut it. The
"proof" that man walked on the Moon is not just flimsy it's
unable to hold water much less to convince a reasonable man.
But you can keep believing in the tooth fairy if you prefer.

Very Truly Yours,
Daniel Joseph Min

*All Apollo Moon Missions Were Unmanned:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-frog.org

*Uncensored Apollo Moon Hoax Bookmarks:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-frog.org

*Min's Interlinear Translation of the Apocalypse:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-Frog.org

*Min's Newsgroup-Archived Home Page On The World Wide Web:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-frog.org

Old January 9th 04, 10:07 PM
Jay Windley

"LEM" wrote in message

| Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Yes. That the Apollo missions were faked so convincingly that experts all
over the world have been fooled for decades is indeed an extraordinary
claim. So far the candidate proof for it has been ludicrously ignorant and
unconvincing.

| Since the extant evidence of the alleged "manned" missions
| is so full of holes...

.... all based on the entirely ignorant expectations of people with no
discernible understanding of or expertise in the sciences that pertain to
their claims. Conspiracy theorists just wag their fingers and make claims
like, "Shadows cast by the sun *must* be parallel," without going outside to
see if that's actually true or not.

When confronted with gaping holes in their own understanding of space
technology or the behavior of the universe, they tend to retreat behind
blanket statements like, "We don't need expertise; common sense tells you it
should be the way I say."

What can we say to people who are so intent on fabricating a universe of
their own limited understanding and then marveling when observations fail to
satisfy their expectations?

| I prefer the facts of the matter.

Clearly you do not. I've attempted for months to engage you on the subject
of just those facts. Instead I get the same irrelevant and unthinking
bluster for which you are so widely known.

Obviously by now you don't care whether your statements make sense to anyone
but yourself, but hope springs eternal. Perhaps one day you'll crack and
actually stoop to discussing your claims instead of merely deriding people
for disbelieving them.

| If a man claims to go to the Moon in a space-
| craft, then that man needs to prove--beyond any shadow of a
| doubt--that he in-deed and in-fact did accomplish what he's
| merely claimed to have done if he expects reasonable people
| to believe that he's actually done it.

No. Reasonable people believe in reasonable amounts and types of proof. It
is not possible to prove anything "beyond the shadow of a doubt" --
especially if purely conjectural and ignorant counterarguments such as yours
are to be admitted. Thus to require proof to that extent is irrational and
unreasonable.

You have, in fact, no proof for a hoax. This is evident in your approach of
trying to explain away -- by any means possible -- the vast amount of
evidence that favors the NASA story. You are clearly on the defensive, all
the while trying to shift the burden of proof. All you've demonstrated is
that Apollo evidence, according to your conjectural fantasies, doesn't stand
up to a ridiculous and unrealistic standard of proof to which no historical
event can be authenticated.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old January 9th 04, 10:07 PM
Jay Windley

Old January 9th 04, 10:07 PM
Jay Windley

Old January 9th 04, 10:17 PM
Landy

You have just confirmed one of my long held suspicions. Most peoples
outside the US regard Americans as ignorant and stupid (the former more tham
the latter). Sweeping statement I know - you confirm that this perception
is only true of those who voted for Bush.
cheers
Bill

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...Gilgamesh-frog

Old January 9th 04, 10:17 PM
Landy

[...]

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM