Just a rant

Old May 2nd 04, 09:42 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Oops.

When I wrote:
*Please* don't get me started on Dyson. Must be the most over-hyped
thing on the consumer market.

.... I appear to have inadvertently offended some widely- and deeply-held
religious sensibilities! Sorry. :-)

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old May 2nd 04, 03:12 PM
Mark P.

On Sat, 01 May 2004 22:16:36 +0100, Martin Frey
touched these keys:

"Mike Collins" wrote:

They probably had blocked filters.
Borrow the Dyson again. Wash the filters then go over an area just cleaned
by the Electrolux.
Just see how much the Dyson picks up from the "clean" area.

Bbbbut - the ads say the Dyson never loses suction. Total ******** as
far as ours is concerned. What I hate is the noise - by eck, that
doesn't go down no matter how clogged the filter.

We are of coursecompletely on topic and talking of the Dyson dusty
nebula

True story:

An American company, Hoover, designed a new vaccum cleaner that was
extremely quiet. They brought in housewives to test it. First they
had them vaccum with an older noiser model, then they gave them the
new quiet version. All women chose the older noiser model because
they clamed that it worked better. Hoover had scientific proof that
the new quiet model sucked up more dirt but the women perceived that
the noiser model just worked better. Hoover installed a noise maker in
the quiet one and the women liked it better.
My company has one of these. I took it apart and there is indeed a
noismaking flapper in it. I took it out and it is really quiet now.

Mark P.

rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....
Old May 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Mutz

On Sun, 2 May 2004 09:42:39 +0100, Stephen Tonkin
wrote:

... I appear to have inadvertently offended some widely- and deeply-held
religious sensibilities! Sorry. :-)

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

I for one won't be buying another Dyson after they
shafted their UK workforce.
Old May 4th 04, 10:42 PM
Chris.B

Stephen Tonkin wrote in message ...
Oops.

When I wrote:
*Please* don't get me started on Dyson. Must be the most over-hyped
thing on the consumer market.

... I appear to have inadvertently offended some widely- and deeply-held
religious sensibilities! Sorry. :-)

Best,
Stephen

How on earth could a Dyson make more noise than our Vax or Einhell? It
would take a team of the world's leading acoustics engineers 1000 man
years to exceed either of these sonically! Arrggghhh! They should sell
colour-matched ear-defenders with the bløødy things!!

Domestic vacuum cleaner technology has never reached the space age!
The only thing that has changed is the replacement of metal with
plastic. I'd send the designers into space with their damned products
and have them vacuum all the dust off the Moon! And not come back
until they'd finished!

Chris.B
Old May 7th 04, 11:26 AM
Roger Steer

Just a couple of points about Dyson:

I had a Dyson for 3 years 11 months (with a 4 year warranty) The
motor burned out, and I claimed under the warranty. A man arrived, at
my workplace, as requested. He fixed the Dyson by replacing the
complete works and left me with a 12 month guarantee on the repair
(i.e. all the electrics).

Dyson are often accused of shafting the workers - and there were a lot
of people put out of work when they closed. However, they closed
because the local authority refused them planning permission to expand
the works. If they had to build elsewhere in the UK, the workforce
would have either lost their jobs, or had to relocate, anyway. With
that disruption and cost, I guess it tipped the balance towards the
far-east option.

Roger