Big Bang Question

Old November 12th 04, 04:28 PM
Painius

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message...

From Ralph to Nightbat:

You are crazy. You are destructive of
creativity...

I have no idea of what you are speaking.
What you say has no meaning...

I couldn't care less about your wishing
for anything. Wishing is totally irrelevant
to science of astronomy...

Ralph's being an old fuddy duddy. Appears he's suffering from
graviton-leviton imbalance (no levity). Looks like a job for the Sky
Pixies.
oc

hey!

ya'll give Ralph some credit, now...

These *had* to be the shortest Ralph Hertle posts on record!

First thing i thought as i read them was "PKB" g

happy days and
starry starry nights

--
A secret of the Universe,
So please don't breathe a word of this,

Indelibly yours,
Paine http://www.painellsworth.net

Old November 14th 04, 10:57 AM
EvolBob

If everything is in pairs wath is the opposite of graviton?

My socks... after a week; they float...

vbg

"Luigi Caselli" wrote in message ...
"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Malcolm Why just our universe if nature makes everything in pairs. No
just one electron it has to have its positron. This is a known and we
must use this known in our theoretical thinking at this spacetime. Bert

If everything is in pairs wath is the opposite of graviton?

Luigi Caselli

---
Old November 14th 04, 12:20 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , EvolBob
writes
If everything is in pairs wath is the opposite of graviton?

My socks... after a week; they float...

vbg

"Luigi Caselli" wrote in message
. ..
"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Malcolm Why just our universe if nature makes everything in pairs. No
just one electron it has to have its positron. This is a known and we
must use this known in our theoretical thinking at this spacetime. Bert

If everything is in pairs wath is the opposite of graviton?

The graviton is its own antiparticle, like the photon.
Old November 15th 04, 05:51 AM
EvolBob

Hi Jonathan.

The graviton is its own antiparticle, like the photon.

That would be true, accept for the fact there are no gravitons, so you don't need an antiparticle

This isn't a case of "If I like the potatoes, there must be something wrong with the cabbage".
Putting gravity in the same bag as other particles or any bag to label could be a mistake.

Gravity is a bit like electricity in the sense of understanding what the thing is. Our mistake is thinking these are things.

Easy to describe, and observe, electricity is energy without form on its own, within a certain substance it is the stuff that makes
life able to think
And the reason for that is not an easy thing to describe.

Regards
Robert

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote in message ...
In message , EvolBob
writes

Old November 24th 04, 07:38 AM
Painius

"EvolBob" wrote...
in message ...

Hi Jonathan.

The graviton is its own antiparticle, like the photon.

That would be true, accept for the fact there are no gravitons, so you

don't need an antiparticle

How can you be so sure?
Bob, a great deal of evidence points to the existence of
gravitons even though they are yet to be discovered. So
how can you be so certain there are no gravitons?

This isn't a case of "If I like the potatoes, there must be something

wrong with the cabbage".
Putting gravity in the same bag as other particles or any bag to label

could be a mistake.

Gravity is a bit like electricity in the sense of understanding what the

thing is. Our mistake is thinking these are things.

What kind of things?
Material things?
Aren't vibrations "things"?

"Thing" is a very vague term, totally useless to science. So
i rather doubt that physicists make this mistake.

Our "mistake" is in being unable to observe and draw
conclusions about gravity from other than Earthbound, human
perspectives.

Easy to describe, and observe, electricity is energy without form on
its own, within a certain substance it is the stuff that makes
life able to think
And the reason for that is not an easy thing to describe.

Regards
Robert

Easy to turn a light switch on and off... easy to deduce
what happens when you jump off a building... we need
MORE!

Like the explorers of old, we need to find the source of
the Nile!

(before the ****ing thing dries up!)

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Lessons of time
in the presents of rhymes...

Old November 24th 04, 10:08 AM
Luigi Caselli

"Painius" ha scritto nel messaggio

Like the explorers of old, we need to find the source of
the Nile!

More than a need I think it's a desire, but not always you can get what you
like.
And our "Nile" it's so incredible long and difficult to explore...

Luigi Caselli

Old November 24th 04, 03:09 PM
Twittering One

[painius]
[...]

The source of denial?
Or the source code, the divine spark?
O look~ A lark!
The source code, or the next course
After appetizer? Last night, a starry
Constellation, my Calder Mobile overhead ~
You realize ~ spun around, a vision
Knew to me, a charmed view pointed forward
My next path to me. O know! You’re drafted ~
So you now, here, hear? You're drafted,
Drawn inside my tale, your perspective
Point, I so desperately need. So please
Rejoin my recast narrative, dovetail
Your feathers with mine, your presence,
Your adored, deeply treasured divine essence
Mends my broken ways, my unspoken
Heart now says: You! Yes, you make my art
Cohere. You, my missing part,
My lost Leggo block, my missing keystone,
Come back! Rejoin my severed path,
My broken heart, my underrated lost art
Cannot be without you, my essential
Building block, my amino acid,
Etching glass, describes my untold story
For your point of view. For your prespective
Now I write. For your hearing ears,
I now aspire ~ But O know!
Inside my tale, inside my soul's
architecture you must grace ~ so hark! Low!
Know Thee, I do! Your VIP invitation, now,
please open ~ undone me, my art, unfold me,
enfold me, your arms, all! Your hearts,
My lost art, our entangled minds ~
More later, but now, my tale rhymes
My tale must contintue. My libretto, many lines,
My opera so deftly under-rated,
Now wings, now sings ~
Until we pause, look around, smell the fragrant cuisine.
A dinner party (Appetizer), guests explain!
Should the answer come in style,
Or will choral voices, sung accompanied by harp ~
Si-chords, a toe-tapping tune, zaps Morse code,
A spriteful melody, easily hummed,
Strummed, so well-known by every forest toad,
Bird, antelope, fish, et al, who's outgrown
their old nest, now searches for the next, roams
amidst the forest gloam, hums a well-known
shared tune ~ transposed, transcribbed, redone ~
Just a new interior decor ~ as one's own
home. [See Architectural Digest,
But, O yes, I digress! But I do my personal best.]
My garden, now yours, please come, join
Me! My soul, mended under your gardening care,
Now flowers. Water, fertilizer,
You added. Now my flowering seeds,
My earlier effort, my soul's planting,
My season's equinox brought, now focussed
My view. A Divine Perspective!
My Celestial Telescope ~ You!
We see one another, my Calder Mobile
Spins above, my copanions, mes amis, my buds!
All my loves, now with me, sprout fresh tendrils,
foliate green shoots, a fern's involute tracery,
bears forth flowering life! O Fern!
O Vcr! O Agent! O Ant! O Mum. O, too long,
my list to recite at once, so peicemeal,
I must orchestrate my dinner party, a course
of many appetizers, just deserts, too,
a neverending fare. Or yes, too, A Festival Faire
For the fairies, with affordable fare, too!
But know! Your invitation, yes, sent ~
With heartfelt joy, ravenous hunger, each toad scouts,
cruises the forest for an unknown toad (a mate!),
a road, or just a new touch stone
to bear one's overload, enfold a bounty, or a beauty ~
Each to harvest surplus, or strengthen fragile
architecture, rebuild a wounded nest, or,
as the suitcase sometimes may be, bear
another life. The path ~ Stone steps,
or grassy meadow, for to each, enfoled both, a landscape
makes. Two hearts as one, many, the more. Allo?
Hey! Morning Mum! Love you, too.
Visit sheep, you say?
Let's do! We'll visit Morning Wood today.
Hm? O, yes, m'am. I know!
My rhyme's good; my meter's off, but to better,
For you, I please, yes, I will work harder.
All's yours,
all these years ~
Lettersnow. PS. Itchy, my ears.

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old November 24th 04, 03:18 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Robert Electrical energy is easy to describe. Electricity is the flow of
free electrons through a conductor. Since this post is on the big bang
let me add this. The BB theory of today was developed by Gamow in the
1940s His hypothesis went like this. "Neutrons packed into this
fireball(over 1 billion degrees C) some of these neutrons decayed into
protons and electrons.Some combined to form the elements we are now
observing. This to me seems very close to reality,and I can just about
live with it as long as I can add my own thoughts to it. It just needs
my modifications. It is nice that today the big bang is supported by
much evidence that was not available back in 1940. Seems in our
spacetime what we see is like looking at a dying ember of a once very
hot fire. Bert

Old November 24th 04, 05:54 PM
Painius

"Luigi Caselli" wrote...
in message ...

"Painius" ha scritto nel messaggio

Like the explorers of old, we need to find the source of
the Nile!

More than a need I think it's a desire, but not always you can get what

you
like.
And our "Nile" it's so incredible long and difficult to explore...

Luigi Caselli

Ever read _White Nile_, Luigi? The author, Alan Moorehead...

http://tinyurl.com/3qecv

....wrote more like an adventurer than a scientist. His was the
amazing story of the dangerous and daring exploration of the
Nile River and the search for its source.

At one point, Moorehead writes that he was fishing on Lake
Victoria in Kenya. He hooked a giant nile perch, like the one
in this picture...

http://www.ippmedia.com/ipp/guardian.../30/20955.html

....which he said felt like it weighed about 300 pounds as he
reeled it in. When he finally got it to the boat, he found that
about half the fish had been snapped off by a Nile crocodile!
The perch must have weighed close to 600 pounds before
the croc made a meal of half its body!

I may be wrong... that story may have been from Moorehead's
_Blue Nile_. Both are excellent reads!

Reading them may give you a better idea of the difficulty Speke
and Burton encountered and its being an appropriate analogy
for today's search for a TOE.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Planets, stars and nebulae
Hold attention in the sky--

Paine http://www.painellsworth.net

Old November 24th 04, 06:03 PM
Painius

"Twittering One" wrote in message...

Painius wrote...
. . .
[...]

scratch-scratch

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Planets, stars and nebulae
Hold attention in the sky--
Lay in hay and squint your eye,
Lose your youth in moaning sigh,
Find the truth in every lie!

Paine http://www.painellsworth.net

Big Bang Baloney....or scientific cult? Yoda Misc 102 August 2nd 04 02:33 AM
Big Bang deflates? nightbat Misc 15 January 18th 04 07:11 PM
ODDS AGAINST EVOLUTION (You listenin', t.o.?) Lord Blacklight Astronomy Misc 56 November 21st 03 02:45 PM
BIG BANG really a Big Bang BUST Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 27 November 7th 03 10:38 AM
Hypothetical astrophysics question Matthew F Funke Astronomy Misc 39 August 11th 03 03:21 AM