Digital Sundial!

Old January 7th 16, 09:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

Default Digital Sundial!

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:32:44 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 12:23:15 PM UTC-8, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 1:55:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

How did a nice discussion about a unique sundial end up going down the sewer hole? Mmmm .. mmm ...

Two idiots, named palsing and ugharoller, started acting like children, as usual.

Now now. This may calm you down:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...BBF&FORM=VIRE5

That is pretty amazing...

In my opinion this is the most interesting video on the internet, and it makes the internet totally worthwhile. I have yet to find anyone who disagrees with me on that ;^)
(wait for it, wait for it...)
Old January 7th 16, 09:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:58:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 3:38:34 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:33:57 PM UTC-6, wsne... wrote:

The subject of this thread was a unique sundial?

Indeed it was (just look at the title) at least until palsing got his nose out of joint for some reason. Then you started in with your usual inane comments.

College basketball: Hawaii beats Cal Poly 86-73 in Big West opener.
Just the facts, ma'am.
Old January 7th 16, 09:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 3:13:12 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:58:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 3:38:34 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:33:57 PM UTC-6, wsne... wrote:

The subject of this thread was a unique sundial?

Indeed it was (just look at the title) at least until palsing got his nose out of joint for some reason. Then you started in with your usual inane comments.

College basketball: Hawaii beats Cal Poly 86-73 in Big West opener.
Just the facts, ma'am.

Over the past five years, a growing body of evidence has linked high levels of sugar consumption to an increased risk of Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, even among Americans who are not overweight or obese.
Old January 8th 16, 05:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 23:28:33 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

How would you make this with "conventional" manufacturing? Very long,
very small diameter holes are not easily machined. I doubt you would
find a method less expensive than 3D printing. (I make lots of small
parts using 3D printing, at a fraction of the cost if I sent them out
to a machine shop. It can be very economical.)

Machining? It looked like plastic. I guess it couldn't be cast?

Machining very high aspect ratio holes is difficult in any material.
Casting would also be difficult, and certainly not economical unless
there was a demand for many parts.