Science deniers banned on Reddit Science Forum

Old December 17th 15, 09:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Science deniers banned on Reddit Science Forum

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:16:09 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 1:39:05 PM UTC-6, wsne... wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 2:14:31 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

What I posted was fact.

You posted half-truths.

I posted Forbes ratings. Take it up with them

They aren't posting here, you are.

"Forbes' latest rankings of The Best States for Business placed America's
Dairyland

America's _DAIRYLAND_, an _agricultural_ state.

In terms of state income, manufacturing ranks above agriculture in Wisconsin.

Paper mills, and bags made of paper... ie, agriculture-derived products.

Agricultural jobs don't pay particularly well, generally, even where they intersect with manufacturing.

Old December 17th 15, 10:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:28:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:16:09 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 1:39:05 PM UTC-6, wsne... wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 2:14:31 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

What I posted was fact.

You posted half-truths.

I posted Forbes ratings. Take it up with them

They aren't posting here, you are.

"Forbes' latest rankings of The Best States for Business placed America's
Dairyland

America's _DAIRYLAND_, an _agricultural_ state.

In terms of state income, manufacturing ranks above agriculture in Wisconsin.

Paper mills, and bags made of paper... ie, agriculture-derived products.

Agricultural jobs don't pay particularly well, generally, even where they intersect with manufacturing.

Bottom line is that your right wing politics don't work. Wisconsin is proof of that. Among 10 Midwest states Wisconsin ranks right near bottom in jobs growth, also near bottom nationally. Confirmed by Forbes, Bloomberg, by Bureau of labor statistics and other fact based sources.

Opinions may vary, of course, and you are welcome to yours. Others can form their own opinions, and I respect that also, but they are opinions. I don't call them liars, just people of differing opinions.

Here is fact as reported just today:

Report: Wisconsin's Job Growth Ranked 37th In Nation

Thursday, December 17, 2015, 9:55am

"The latest "gold standard" job numbers from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics show that Wisconsin ranked 37th in the nation in private-sector job growth from June 2014 to June 2015.

Wisconsin also ranked eighth out of 10 Midwest states. Among states that share a border with Wisconsin, only Iowa added jobs at a slower rate.

Overall, Wisconsin added 30,759 private-sector jobs, a growth rate of nearly 1.3 percent. By comparison, the national economy added jobs at a rate of 2.3 percent.

The numbers come from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, which economists regard as the most accurate way to measure employment. As the name suggests, it gets its data from nearly all employers, which is why it takes so long to report..

... in terms of job growth, Wisconsin continues to lag behind most of its Midwest neighbors and the rest of the nation.

This June-to-June period was one of the slowest for Wisconsin since the Great Recession ended."

Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System and Wisconsin Educational Communications Board.
Old December 17th 15, 10:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, ugharoller wrote:

Bottom line is that your right wing politics don't work. Wisconsin is proof
of that.

Incorrect.

http://www.startribune.com/new-data-...ion/277231662/

Note that Minnesota (demonrat) is -behind- Wisconsin (Republican,) and that Michigan (w/Republican governor) is ahead of both. North Dakota (w/Republican governor) is way ahead.

Old December 17th 15, 10:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Opinions may vary, of course, and you are welcome to yours.

I think you are a fascist, based on the politicians you support.

Others can form their own opinions, and I respect that also,

No, you don't.

I don't call them liars, just people of differing opinions.

But you do threaten them with violence for expressing their opinions.
Old December 17th 15, 11:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:51:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Opinions may vary, of course, and you are welcome to yours.

I think you are a fascist, based on the politicians you support.

Others can form their own opinions, and I respect that also,

No, you don't.

I don't call them liars, just people of differing opinions.

But you do threaten them with violence for expressing their opinions.

I have never threatened others with violence for expressing an opinion. Name calling is not expressing an opinion, it is simply hateful speech, and that I object to. You can object to that also of course - what's good for the goose etc. Therefore I will refrain in the future from calling anyone a hateful name (you included).

We choose to disagree and leave it at that.
Bye, and have a merry.
Old December 17th 15, 11:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:46:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, ugharoller wrote:

Bottom line is that your right wing politics don't work. Wisconsin is proof
of that.

Incorrect.

http://www.startribune.com/new-data-...ion/277231662/

Note that Minnesota (demonrat) is -behind- Wisconsin (Republican,) and that Michigan (w/Republican governor) is ahead of both. North Dakota (w/Republican governor) is way ahead.

We can do this all day (but it is exceedingly tiring after a while).

http://www.forbes.com/best-states-fo...overall_page:2

Note Minnesota rated at #13, Wisconsin rated at #31. Wisconsin (republican't) is -behind- Minnesota (Democrat) and Michigan (republican't) rated at #30 is also behind Minnesota (Democrat).
Old December 17th 15, 11:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:51:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Opinions may vary, of course, and you are welcome to yours.

I think you are a fascist, based on the politicians you support.

You have NO idea who I support.
Old December 17th 15, 11:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 6:30:01 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:

I have never threatened others with violence for expressing an opinion.

Yes, you have threatened violence.

Name calling is not expressing an opinion, it is simply hateful speech, and that I object to.

Calling someone what they are, or appear to be, is not name calling. There are such people as fascists.

Hateful speech? You are guilty of that. Hypocrite much?

You can object to that also of course - what's good for the goose etc.

Interesting that you said that, since you implied that -I- was a fascist a few weeks ago (and I am about as far from being a fascist as one can get.)

Therefore I will refrain in the future from calling anyone a hateful name (you included).

When in the future?

Old December 18th 15, 12:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 6:39:19 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4:46:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, ugharoller wrote:

Bottom line is that your right wing politics don't work. Wisconsin is proof
of that.

Incorrect.

http://www.startribune.com/new-data-...ion/277231662/

Note that Minnesota (demonrat) is -behind- Wisconsin (Republican,) and that Michigan (w/Republican governor) is ahead of both. North Dakota (w/Republican governor) is way ahead.

We can do this all day (but it is exceedingly tiring after a while).

http://www.forbes.com/best-states-fo...overall_page:2

Note Minnesota rated at #13, Wisconsin rated at #31. Wisconsin (republican't) is -behind- Minnesota (Democrat) and Michigan (republican't) rated at #30 is also behind Minnesota (Democrat).

You seem to be shifting the subject.

Even so, there seem to be quite a few Republican-led states -ahead- of Minnesota! Maybe you should do some research before posting?

California (demonrats) is #32, worse than Wisconsin!

And the worst state in your link is..... demonrat-led West Virginia!

You made that SO easy, ugharoller!

The link that I posted,

http://www.startribune.com/new-data-...ion/277231662/

was based on QCEW data, which YOU seemed to favor a few posts ago!

Make up your mind, ugharoller!