When's Martian winter?

Old May 22nd 04, 07:37 PM
Lloyd Jones

Do you think even if NASA did find life on mars (micro organism's etc.)
they would tell the public?

LJ

Old May 22nd 04, 08:25 PM
Insane Ranter

"Lloyd Jones" wrote in message
Do you think even if NASA did find life on mars (micro organism's etc.)
they would tell the public?

LJ

Depends on what kind of life it was/is.

Old May 23rd 04, 12:36 AM
Brock

Lloyd Jones wrote:

Do you think even if NASA did find life on mars (micro organism's etc.)
they would tell the public?

Of course. Their budget would go through the roof. They're much more likely
to fake life than cover it up.
Old May 23rd 04, 01:28 AM
Lloyd Jones

I disagree if they did find life on another planet they would not tell us.
Knowledge is power.

LJ

Old May 23rd 04, 02:05 AM
Mike Ruskai

On Sat, 22 May 2004 19:37:16 +0100, Lloyd Jones wrote:

Do you think even if NASA did find life on mars (micro organism's etc.)
they would tell the public?

Absolutely. There would be a huge press release.

I cannot fathom what mentality would think they would do otherwise.

--
- Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

Old May 23rd 04, 03:23 AM
Odysseus

Insane Ranter wrote:

"Odysseus" wrote in message
dkc_2001 wrote:

Just curious...

Half of the time.

As on earth, if it's summer in one hemisphere it's winter in the
other, and this applies in every other quarter of the year. So you
need to specify which side of the Martian equator you're thinking of.

Wouldn't that techically be all the time then?

Only if you acknowledge only the two seasons of summer and winter. I
assumed there would be four Martioan seasons as on earth, so for half
the year -- "every other quarter" -- it would be neither winter nor
summer, i.e. during the northern spring / southern autumn and _vice versa_.

--
Odysseus
Old May 23rd 04, 08:27 AM
Insane Ranter

"Lloyd Jones" wrote in message
I disagree if they did find life on another planet they would not tell us.
Knowledge is power.

Ok how is not telling giving them more power?

Old May 23rd 04, 08:28 AM
Insane Ranter

"Odysseus" wrote in message
Insane Ranter wrote:

"Odysseus" wrote in message
dkc_2001 wrote:

Just curious...

Half of the time.

As on earth, if it's summer in one hemisphere it's winter in the
other, and this applies in every other quarter of the year. So you
need to specify which side of the Martian equator you're thinking of.

Wouldn't that techically be all the time then?

Only if you acknowledge only the two seasons of summer and winter. I
assumed there would be four Martioan seasons as on earth, so for half
the year -- "every other quarter" -- it would be neither winter nor
summer, i.e. during the northern spring / southern autumn and _vice

versa_.

I got this right after I posted my post...

Old May 23rd 04, 10:02 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message
thlink.net, Mike
Ruskai writes
On Sat, 22 May 2004 19:37:16 +0100, Lloyd Jones wrote:

Do you think even if NASA did find life on mars (micro organism's etc.)
they would tell the public?

Absolutely. There would be a huge press release.

I cannot fathom what mentality would think they would do otherwise.

Guess you don't understand Hoagland and the other people who think the
way he does. But you aren't alone there!
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old May 27th 04, 06:42 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

When Bush gets astronauts on Mars they will find it not the best place
for Christmas. It is much worse than Christmas in Florida. Here its 78
degrees,and lighting up a palm tree looks like hell. Bert