[fitsbits] MIME for compressed FITS?

Old May 22nd 07, 09:42 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
Rob Seaman

Default [fitsbits] MIME for compressed FITS?

From a discussion on the VO Data Access Layer group:

On May 22, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Andreas Wicenec wrote:

On 22.05.2007, at 15:29, Thomas McGlynn wrote:

Isn't it valid to refer to a compressed FITS file with the header:

Yes, I agree, that's the correct way of doing it and that was also
what we have envisioned when the FITS mime-type proposal was
created, else we would need a different mime-type for every allowed
encoding.

Comments on whether a tile compressed FITS image should require a
MIME Content-encoding?

Rob