Mankind's Fate !

Old March 16th 18, 09:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Mankind's Fate !

Two important issues here :

First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First
the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly thereafter. The
root of this is the total lack of any population control. China made a
feeble attempt at addressing this, that failed miserably. It's an
established fact that any unchecked population, with necessarily
limited ressources, will increased until checked by something. This is
usually something very onerous as will be our ultimate fate.

Second, there are those that argue that man will just expand
throughout the usiverse. But man is limited to light speed and likely
something far slower, so this is essentially impossible. Intelligent
life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. I think this is the reason. Distances are simply far
too great.

Old March 17th 18, 03:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_2_]

On 17/03/2018 8:39 AM, wrote:
Two important issues here :

First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First
the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly thereafter. The
root of this is the total lack of any population control. China made a
feeble attempt at addressing this, that failed miserably. It's an
established fact that any unchecked population, with necessarily
limited ressources, will increased until checked by something. This is
usually something very onerous as will be our ultimate fate.

Second, there are those that argue that man will just expand
throughout the usiverse. But man is limited to light speed and likely
something far slower, so this is essentially impossible. Intelligent
life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. I think this is the reason. Distances are simply far
too great.

Agreed.

The other unknown is how long does intelligent life survive on a planet
once it takes hold? Looking at earth it seems to have taken an
amazingly long time to get to a level we would call 'intelligent'. Now
that we're at this level will we stay 'intelligent' until the earth dies?

It seems the earth was devoid of intelligent life for the 1st 99.994% of
it's existence. If all the other planets are devoid of intelligence
99.99% of the time then that's another reason for the eerie silence.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old March 18th 18, 08:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Whisper wrote on 18/03/18 02:59:
On 17/03/2018 8:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

once it takes hold?Â* Looking at earth it seems to have taken an
amazingly long time to get to a level we would call 'intelligent'.Â* Now
that we're at this level will we stay 'intelligent' until the earth dies?

It seems the earth was devoid of intelligent life for the 1st 99.994% of
it's existence.Â* If all the other planets are devoid of intelligence
99.99% of the time then that's another reason for the eerie silence.

Wasn't there a diagram that represented the entire history of the Earth
as a Day .... and Homo-sapiens didn't appear until five minutes to
midnight or some such?? Or was the image a year long calendar??

--
Daniel
Old March 18th 18, 10:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_2_]

On 17/03/2018 8:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

planet once it takes hold?Â* Looking at earth it seems to have taken an
amazingly long time to get to a level we would call 'intelligent'.
Now that we're at this level will we stay 'intelligent' until the
earth dies?

It seems the earth was devoid of intelligent life for the 1st 99.994%
of it's existence.Â* If all the other planets are devoid of
intelligence 99.99% of the time then that's another reason for the
eerie silence.

Wasn't there a diagram that represented the entire history of the Earth
as a Day .... and Homo-sapiens didn't appear until five minutes to
midnight or some such?? Or was the image a year long calendar??

Yes it was a yr long calendar & 'anatomically modern humans' appeared 31
December 11:52 pm. That's in the last 8 minutes of the year.
Agriculture started 11:59:32 - the last 28 seconds of the whole year.

Egyptian/Pyramid era were around 12 seconds ago 23:59:48.

Currently we are in the last second of the year - ie 31 December
11:59:59 - which covers the last 457 yrs, so 1561 to 2018. Each second
in the calendar yr covers a period of 457 years. The internet appeared
in the last 10th of 1 second. That's a tiny sliver of time.

This cosmic calendar covers the age of the universe ie 13.8 billion yrs,
not the age of earth. If it really took us 13.8 billion yrs to reach
'intelligence', then it could be this is a typical gestation period for
all planets to reach this level? If so then it's no surprise we haven't
heard any signals yet. The signals may be coming thick & fast in
another billion yrs or so?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old March 18th 18, 10:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Good perspective ...
Old March 18th 18, 11:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 4:39:14 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Two important issues here :

First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First
the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly thereafter. The
root of this is the total lack of any population control. China made a
feeble attempt at addressing this, that failed miserably. It's an
established fact that any unchecked population, with necessarily
limited ressources, will increased until checked by something. This is
usually something very onerous as will be our ultimate fate.

Second, there are those that argue that man will just expand
throughout the usiverse. But man is limited to light speed and likely
something far slower, so this is essentially impossible. Intelligent
life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. I think this is the reason. Distances are simply far
too great.

Man has always proven to do some amazing things when he has to--we will travel to the stars. Maybe you will want to go with us when we journey to Alpha Centauri in the not too distant future. Then you will believe.

Old March 18th 18, 04:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

wrote in message ...

Two important issues here :

First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First
the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly thereafter. The
root of this is the total lack of any population control. China made a
feeble attempt at addressing this, that failed miserably. It's an
established fact that any unchecked population, with necessarily
limited ressources, will increased until checked by something. This is
usually something very onerous as will be our ultimate fate.

Second, there are those that argue that man will just expand
throughout the usiverse. But man is limited to light speed and likely
something far slower, so this is essentially impossible. Intelligent
life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. I think this is the reason. Distances are simply far
too great.

*** What do you think old Columbus would say if you told him that
today an Airbus 380 could haul 400 people from Frankfurt to NYC
in 6-7 hours ... I'm sure he'd say "can't be done, the wind just can't
blow that hard" ...
Old March 20th 18, 12:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

*** What do you think old Columbus would say if you told him that
today an Airbus 380 could haul 400 people from Frankfurt to NYC
in 6-7 hours ... I'm sure he'd say "can't be done, the wind just can't
blow that hard" ...

Analogy way out of proportion.

Columbus to Airbus speed ratio is about 100, while fastest space probe
to light speed is way over 30,000. And even light speed is way too
slow to be practical ...
Old March 20th 18, 05:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 2:39:14 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Two important issues here :

First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First
the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly thereafter. The
root of this is the total lack of any population control. China made a
feeble attempt at addressing this, that failed miserably. It's an
established fact that any unchecked population, with necessarily
limited ressources, will increased until checked by something. This is
usually something very onerous as will be our ultimate fate.

Second, there are those that argue that man will just expand
throughout the usiverse. But man is limited to light speed and likely
something far slower, so this is essentially impossible. Intelligent
life probably abounds throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. I think this is the reason. Distances are simply far
too great.

The fate of the world is in the hands of Trump.Its scary at best.Every corner of the world has H-bombs ready to fire.No need for Army or Navy.Only need a big rocket.Bert
Old March 20th 18, 06:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" aka
Full-Swine & Cretin Glazier reber G=emc^2 wrote:
Why Glazier hates TRUMP (5/14/2017)..

Trump has Billions of $$$'$$$'$$$.
Glazier has is on food stamps & Govt handouts.

Trump hires Police to protect himself
..Glazier is a Jewish Jailbird of Sheriff Bob Hansel.

Trump has 20 more years to live, 1st cabin, in splendor.
Glazier will be buried shortly, face-down, by WasteMgt. LLC.

Trump ****s on a gold-plated-john.
Glazier ****s into a bucket in a stinky old van.

Trump has a fleet of limousines.
Glazier has a 30 year old defective & filthy Van.

Trump has an IQ of 168 & is a MBA graduate.
Glazier is a Cretin, kicked out school in the 4th grade.

Trump won a national election.
Glazer LOST 2 mayoral races, came in last, each time.

Trump hires smart Jews.
Glazier is a Loud-mouth, not smart enough to be be hired.

Trump owns & lives in first class Real estate.
Glazier parks illegally on public or private Parking places.

Trump flies weekly across the country, in style.
Glazier took once a Bus trip from Mass to LA.

Trump does not lie.
Glazier always lies & doesn't realize that he so does.

Trump executes events on an international scope.
Glazier shoots pool at a senior citizen center.

Trump does not drink or smoke.
Glazier is an alcoholic and a cocaine freak

Trump does not steal
Glazier steals everything, even if it's bolted down.

Trump build skyscrapers.
Glazier makes defective patio decks.

Trump has women and grabs'em by the pussy.
Glazier lifts girl's skirts with his cane to see what's there.

Trump honors & cares for his forbearer's graves.
Glazier is a criminal Graveyard Vandal

hanson wrote:
Glazier, you filthy Swine, do you want more examples
why you hate Trump? ... Check the Glazier Dossier....

hmmm...snicker...chortle...ahahahAHAHA...ROTFL MAO