Descent Thoughts (was - something and nothing)

Old June 30th 03, 12:12 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Descent Thoughts (was - something and nothing)

Hi Sally You are right we are going round,and round. You throw the text
book theories(you know them well),and I gave you an "A" I went with my
own thoughts,because I like to think in every direction. Could you at
lest give me a "B-" Always like to think of action at a distance. It
has such a mystery about it.(have a theory on it) We have a clock that
can only gain or lose a second in two million years,and it gives out a
radio signal that is received by clocks around the world. It is
interesting that radio photons hitting an antenna are changed to
electrons by a radio receiver,and these electrons do the work. Well
every day photons open doors for us,and we never say "thank you" I
hate when a computer tells me to have a nice day.
Bert

Old June 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Sally

Following through the idea of energy dissipation by G waves. If they exist
then any oscillating mass must lose a miniscule amount of energy into its
surroundings. So how come we still have any bulk movement remaining in the
universe? Why hasn't everything just slowed down and stopped? Or maybe, as
oc says, the dissipative process is so slow that there just hasn't been
enough time since the Whatever Began It All for its effects to be felt
yet.

Sally

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
Bert wrote,

I don't think stop and go action is as good as circular energy no

matter what. I think stop and go takes more energy than an object
going round and round. Pendulums stop and go.

By golly you may be right after all, Bert, if the system's energy is
disspated by gravity-wave radiation. It's be awful small, and would take
a lonnnng time. Lessee what Sally thinks.

oc

Old June 30th 03, 10:31 PM
Sally

Fascinating stuff. I hope that the investigators factored in losses due to
other types of radiation as well as GW radiation. For example, the mass of
the pulsars would be slowly reducing as they shed matter and EM radiation.
If so then Bert was right all along...assuming a relativistic system, of
course g

Sally

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
To Sally, Bert, and gang-

The Taylor-Hulse binary pulsar reveals the first indirect evidence of GW
radiation, first predicted by Einstein in 1915. See-

www.psc.edu/science/Taylor/Relativity.html

oc

Old July 1st 03, 06:49 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Sally I still think its a tie. Its just the fact that the
gravity(weight) on our earth's surface is the strongest it can get for a
swinging pendulum..(us To) A car has pistons that stop and go. Lots of
energy lost. A rotary engine has the advantage of rotation,and uses less
energy.(Winkle) Electric motors rotate. Fly wheels rotate. However
nature uses stop and go,and it fits well with sub-microscopic elementary
particles,,going with the string theory. Bert

Old July 1st 03, 08:15 PM
Bill Sheppard

Sally wrote, regarding gravity waves

If they exist then any oscillating mass
must lose a miniscule amount of energy
into its surroundings. So how come we
still have any bulk movement remaining
in the universe? Why hasn't everything
just slowed down and stopped?

Being a relative newcomer here, you're not familiar with the theory of
the Continuous Big Bang (or CBB model). It has spacetime itself
continuously erupting into existance from a central, hypermassive
'Engine' or Primal Particle. The eruption is out its equator because of
the very high spin-rate. This pre-BB Singularity is simultaneously
re-injesting the old, spent creation back thru its poles, in a closed
loop homeostatic Process, driven by gravity. The Process assumes the
form of a dual-hemisphered toroid or 'donut'. The sphere of our visible
cosmos would be on the scale of a marble embedded in this 'donut',
probably near its outer periphery.
The CBB model subsumes but does not negate the popular
"singular BB" model. But it offers what the "one-shot" model cannot:
Affirmation of both the Expanding and Contracting models at once, PLUS
validation of Einstein's original lambda or Steady-State idea (his
so-called "biggest blunder"). The "one-shot" model calls for an
open-ended, ever-accelerating expansion followed by entropic run-down
and eventual heat death as you described. The CBB model is perpetually
running, fully accomodating all phases of the Process at once, each at
its respective station on the cycle. An analogy would be the freon cycle
in refrigeration; the central compressor powers the process, while the
liquid-gas phase change illustrates the pre-BB/post-BB phase change (the
pre-BB state being the hottest part of the cycle and the externalized
universe the coldest).
oc

Old July 2nd 03, 08:00 PM
Sally

Thanks for the info oc. I'll do some reading up, then come back and pester
Bert and yourself with questions g

Old July 3rd 03, 12:28 AM
Bill Sheppard

Sally wrote,

"Thanks for the info... I'll do some reading up, then come back and
pester Bert and yourself with questions g".

Well, you won't find anything resembling the CBB model anywhere in the
literature, though. It's entirely the brainchild of a late friend and
mentor, Gordon Wolter.
But talk about serendipity- no doubt you saw the brand
new release about millisecond pulsars and gravity waves, just as we were
yakking on about GWs.

oc

Old July 4th 03, 10:31 AM
Sally

oc, Bert

Have a huge backlog of work I'm trying to shift. I'll get back to you all in
a day or two.