how did Microsoft break away from OS/2?

Old August 8th 06, 10:46 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,ne.weather,alt.astronomy

Default how did Microsoft break away from OS/2?

Hail Eris! Classic Tholenator tholed:

Ha, found this while looking for something else entirely...

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP writes:
Hail Eris! The Cowardly TholoK00k tholed:

Who are "Eris"

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

and "The Cowardly TholoK00k",

Why, obviously, the Cowardly Tholok00k can only be
, of course!

Snarky, and what did the latter person allegedly endure?

Brickbats. Thousands of them.

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:
Hail Eris! Art Deco wrote:
Classic "oar pin" Tholenator(tm) tholed:
dizzy wrote:
tholen tholed:
How does one allegedly endure when writing, dizzy?

Well, your arrogant net.KKKoppery (as exemplified by repetitive
questions regarding what this or that has to do with OS/2, or classical
music, or anything else) is enduring an enormous amount of mockery,
Cowardly Tholok00k, so I think that covers it nicely.

Non sequitur.

Failure to understand plain English noted.

snip, 'cause I'm sick of it

Classic evasion.

....Right, I "evaded" the annoyance of dealing with a lot of extra lines
that didn't *really* need to be there.

Only a kook would do such a thing, tholen.

Speaking from first-hand experience, eh dizzy?

There are no kook outs quite like tholobot kook outs.

Poor Tholok00k, left behind by an English language changing too fast
for him...

Who is "Tholok00k", Snarky?

Check the attribution line, Cowardly Tholok00k, and you'll see.

The attribution line says:

Not _my_ attribution line -- the one I re-wrote for you.

"Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP"

So you're the "Cowardly Tholok00k", eh Snarky?

Ohhhh, that's lame. Even for you, that's lame. LAAAAAAMMMMMME.

Still suffering from attribution problems?

No, you're merely suffering from the usual reading comprehension
problems,

Classic erroneous presupposition.

On your part, Tholok00k.

Cowardly Tholok00k.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

No, Cowardly Tholok00k , I'm most certainly not.

Ironically, you were "left behind" by a "stationary" attribution.

The mind can only boggle at what you consider "irony",

Your mind is easily boggled, Snarky.

Not particularly, Classic Tholenator .

Cowardly Tholok00k.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

No, Cowardly Tholok00k , I'm most certainly not.

The Unreasonably Long Scarf of Tom Baker

What does "Teeth and Curls" have to do with OS/2, Snarky?

What does a Linux user like you have to do with OS/2,

I know lots of people who use multiple operating systems, Snarky. I'm
known for advocating the right tool for the job. To that end, I use
or have used Linux, OS/2, Windows, Solaris, MacOS, Unicos, CTSS, OS/32,
DOS, RSX 11d, VMS, SunOS, CP/M, among others.

Well, I hope you feel special.

I see that you didn't answer the question, Snarky. No surprise there.

What does it matter, Classic Tholenator ? The
amount of on-topic discussion in cooa is off the low end of the scale,
and will only go lower.

Cowardly Tholok00k?

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

(Note: Confusion of a piece of apparel with an actor.

Classic hallucination.

Not really. This is usenet, and if I say I'm the Very, Very Long Scarf
of Tom Baker, then I am indeed the Scarf. I can also say I'm a Polish
truck driver, or a Japanese businessman, or a Cree grandmother living
in Toronto. Whatever I say I am is what I am, effectively, simply
because there is no real proof. The legalname you can find on a Yahoo
profile about me may or may not be mine, and the same with the
accompanying .jpeg. The same goes for you, too, and for all usenet
posters, and everyone else with a net.presence of any kind. Use a
legalname or don't, it's all the same. No proof. Even PGP keys can only
prove that the same person is doing all the things associated with said
keys, not who that person "really" is -- and that's a _good_ thing. The
only way to find out who someone really is, is to go meet them in
person, take a risk that they might be dangerously unbalanced, or into
hardcore drugs or crime or whatever. Therefore, I am the Scarf.

[Hint: Usenet is as real as you feel like letting it be. Your personal
reality is *yours*, after all, not someone else's.]

Also, note snecking of the groups line back to cooa, while replying to a x-post.)

What does your cross-posting have to do with OS/2, Snarky?

What does your nigh-obsolete operating system have to do with a meow
froup (cooa), Classic Tholenator ?

A MandrakeLinux user

What does that have to do with OS/2, Snarky?

What does your nigh-obsolete operating system have to do with a meow
froup (cooa), Classic Tholenator ?

The Demon of Mockery

Old August 8th 06, 12:52 PM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP writes:

Hail Eris!

Who is "Eris", Snarky?

Classic Tholenator tholed:

Who is "Classic Tholenator", Snarky, and what did "Classic Tholenator"
allegedly endure?

Ha, found this while looking for something else entirely...

Non sequitur.

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

Hail Eris! The Cowardly TholoK00k tholed:

Who are "Eris"

You've been told,

and in response, you've only tholed.

What have I allegedly endured, Snarky?

and "The Cowardly TholoK00k",

Why, obviously, the Cowardly Tholok00k can only be
, of course!

Snarky, and what did the latter person allegedly endure?

Brickbats. Thousands of them.

On what basis do you make that claim, Snarky?

dizzy wrote:

tholen tholed:

How does one allegedly endure when writing, dizzy?

Well, your arrogant net.KKKoppery (as exemplified by repetitive
questions regarding what this or that has to do with OS/2, or classical
music, or anything else) is enduring an enormous amount of mockery,
Cowardly Tholok00k, so I think that covers it nicely.

Non sequitur.

Failure to understand plain English noted.

Classic hallucination.

snip, 'cause I'm sick of it

Classic evasion.

....Right, I "evaded" the annoyance of dealing with a lot of extra lines
that didn't *really* need to be there.

Classic rationalization of your evasion.

Only a kook would do such a thing, tholen.

Speaking from first-hand experience, eh dizzy?

There are no kook outs quite like tholobot kook outs.

Poor Tholok00k, left behind by an English language changing too fast
for him...

Who is "Tholok00k", Snarky?

Check the attribution line, Cowardly Tholok00k, and you'll see.

The attribution line says:

Not _my_ attribution line -- the one I re-wrote for you.

What gives you the right to rewrite someone else's attribution line,
Snarky?

"Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP"

So you're the "Cowardly Tholok00k", eh Snarky?

Ohhhh, that's lame. Even for you, that's lame. LAAAAAAMMMMMME.

Still suffering from attribution problems?

No, you're merely suffering from the usual reading comprehension
problems,

Classic erroneous presupposition.

On your part, Tholok00k.

Cowardly Tholok00k.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

No,

Then why did you get the attribution wrong, Snarky?

Cowardly Tholok00k , I'm most certainly not.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k ", Snarky? Still
suffering from attribution problems?

Ironically, you were "left behind" by a "stationary" attribution.

The mind can only boggle at what you consider "irony",

Your mind is easily boggled, Snarky.

Not particularly, Classic Tholenator .

Who is "Classic Tholenator ", Snarky? Still
suffering from attribution problems?

Cowardly Tholok00k.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

No, Cowardly Tholok00k , I'm most certainly not.

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k ", Snarky? Still
suffering from attribution problems?

The Unreasonably Long Scarf of Tom Baker

What does "Teeth and Curls" have to do with OS/2, Snarky?

What does a Linux user like you have to do with OS/2,

I know lots of people who use multiple operating systems, Snarky. I'm
known for advocating the right tool for the job. To that end, I use
or have used Linux, OS/2, Windows, Solaris, MacOS, Unicos, CTSS, OS/32,
DOS, RSX 11d, VMS, SunOS, CP/M, among others.

Well, I hope you feel special.

What does your hope have to do with OS/2, Snarky?

I see that you didn't answer the question, Snarky. No surprise there.

What does it matter, Classic Tholenator ?

Who is "Classic Tholenator ", Snarky? Still
suffering from attribution problems?

The
amount of on-topic discussion in cooa is off the low end of the scale,
and will only go lower.

Classic self-fulfilling prophecy. You post a bunch of off-topic
discussions, claim that the on-topic discussion is off the low end
of the scale, and use that as justification to continue posting
your off-topic material. Classic rationalization.

Cowardly Tholok00k?

Who is "Cowardly Tholok00k", Snarky? Still suffering from attribution
problems?

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

What have I allegedly endured, Snarky?

(Note: Confusion of a piece of apparel with an actor.

Classic hallucination.

Not really.

This is usenet,

No kidding?

and if I say I'm the Very, Very Long Scarf
of Tom Baker, then I am indeed the Scarf.

Still doesn't make it relevant to OS/2, Snarky.

[...]

Therefore, I am the Scarf.

Classic retreat into a fantasy world.

[Hint: Usenet is as real as you feel like letting it be. Your personal
reality is *yours*, after all, not someone else's.]

Classic rationalization.

Old August 9th 06, 12:16 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
dizzy

DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

Hail Eris! Classic Tholenator tholed:

Ha, found this while looking for something else entirely...

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP writes:
Hail Eris! The Cowardly TholoK00k tholed:

Who are "Eris"

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

Ha! I like it. Can I use it?

Old August 9th 06, 01:18 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.men,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
Art Deco[_1_]

IPope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK,
DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

[...]

Teh tholobot had the humor subroutines purged years ago, he/she/it
won't understand.

--
COOSN-266-06-39716
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

"Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
attribution problems?"
-- Dr. David Tholen
Old August 9th 06, 01:19 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,ne.weather,alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_1_]

Classic "oar pin" Tholenator(tm) " tholed:

[Hint: Usenet is as real as you feel like letting it be. Your personal
reality is *yours*, after all, not someone else's.]

Classic rationalization.

incapability 0.381599050

Old August 9th 06, 01:04 PM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
[email protected]

dizzy writes:

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

Hail Eris! Classic Tholenator tholed:

Ha, found this while looking for something else entirely...

Pope Snarky Goodfella of the undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP writes:

Hail Eris! The Cowardly TholoK00k tholed:

Who are "Eris"

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

Ha!

What does your amusement have to do with OS/2, dizzy?

I like it.

What does that have to do with OS/2, dizzy?

Can I use it?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, dizzy?

Old August 10th 06, 01:08 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.astronomy.art-deco
Art Deco[_1_]

Classic "oar pin" Tholenator(tm) " tholed:

Ha!

What does your amusement have to do with OS/2, dizzy?

bratling 0.684079907

Old August 14th 06, 11:20 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.usenet.kooks,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
Lola Stonewall Riot

DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP writes:
Hail Eris! The Cowardly TholoK00k tholed:

Who are "Eris"

You've been told, and in response, you've only tholed.

Ha! I like it. Can I use it?

Oops! Just saw this. Yeah, sure, go right ahead.

All Hail Discordia! Flonk Leader #2 & #11 1/9; mhm 29 x 21
The Discordian People's Most Powerful and Revered Being (without
portfolio)
Economic Left/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
Real email should go to gmail.com, otherwise the same as above.

Quotable quotes:
"Three OS's from corporate-kings in their towers of glass,
Seven from valley-lords where orchards used to grow,
Nine from dotcoms doomed to die,
One from the Dark Lord Gates on his dark throne
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."'

"Covert ace nudists in the Vatican!"

"Real men eat me."

"Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent." --
Lazarus Long

"Laws count, the US Constitution count more, and we need to have judges
on the bench who are going to Carry Out those laws, not Make Law or
Interpret Law." -- John "Easily" Shocked contradicts his own words on
the overriding importance of society's reluctance to accept
homosexuality, in Message-ID: brIDe.67062$Qo.12613@fed1read01

"Heterosexuality is not *normal*, it's just more /common/."

"For the most part, morality is universal." -- John "Easily" Shocked

"Gay, straight, they all want blow jobs."

"Bad stories are bad stories. We just call them as they are." -- DBurns
demonstrates his sheer cluelessness on Mar 9, 2002, at 6:25 pm, in
rec.arts.drwho

"Oh, and Snarky, if you're listening: **** you, Asshole! Enjoy the
few remaining days of your internet access." Kooky troll John Long
gets delusional, in Message-ID:

A sad little top-poster with the nym of "Choirboy" once lamed:

Well, gee, coming from an asshole like *you* ...
ESAD, ya 'ho bitch.

Please to be posting proof, you facile fridgemagnet.
-- replied the Aussie rapier, aka fnord/Affinity, in a now-lost message

"I have a dream...that one day the whole world will know the joy of
my nipples!" -- Stimpy

"The meek shall inherit the earth -- 2' x ~6' x 6' of it."

"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for
these U-nited States!" -- an unknown politician, in a senate floor
debate over bilingual education.)

"The policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is
there to preserve disorder" -- Mayor Richard Daley of Czechago,
September 23, 1968

"Moral: it's not a plot hole if two eyes and two brain cells can
solve it." -- Keith Goodnight, in atbvs, on NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon,
03 Jun 2002 16:46:02 EDT

"Kung fu's useful!"

"Bernadette, you ignorant oaf.
Bernadette, you brainless dullard.
Bernadette, you feeble-minded wag.
Bernadette, you blathering baboon.
Bernadette, you babbling boor.
Bernadette, you depraved dolt.
Bernadette, you stinking slimeball.
Bernadette, you yammering yak.
Bernadette, you lily-livered lush.
Bernadette, you hard-hearted hulk."
-- Mother Be Strange gets very hard on herself, in
MID:

"[Lurlean] would never dream of sleeping with a dog. The Bible's against
it. You don't seem to care what the Bible says, so she thought maybe you
gave that a try too -- in addition to sucking on Steve, letting him play
with your butt, and having seven different lesbian lovers in our bed."
-- Sistah Moonshine shocks a.p.h. with the revelation that she got it
off with "Romaine Brooks", in a now-vanished message

"I should have known my boss was evil when he called my jumping onto my
chair to praise the Lord out loud 'inappropriate behavior.'" -- Sistah
Moonshine: Oppressed Christian, in another vanished message

"I made a pact with the devil." -- Sistah Moonshine, from her dream
diary

"'drink that hooch,' they would say, 'and then smoke that joint. Bury
your head in that strange woman's crotch and bring her to a thunderous
climax with your tongue, then tell her no man could ever give her that
much pleasure in a thousand years. Tell her to leave her husband and
become a lesbian. Drip hot wax on that pervert's nutty buddies and then
charge him extra for the privilege.'" -- Sistah Moonshine is now working
on an erotic epic to outmatch Anne Rice.

"Roe V Wade has zero bearing on my existence other than it affects it
adversely."
-- Johnny Wentzky never had much truck with "logic".

"You are the GOD-DAMNED, IGNORANT LIAR here.
Now, that is not me taking the Lord's name in vain."
-- John Wentzky: Living proof of the Death of Irony, in Message-ID:

"Stupidity excuses nothing. It's only a reason...." -- Phxbrd

"The whining has just begun." -- John Wentzky

"It's not nice to misrepresent Mother Nature."

"Gay men deserve to die." -- John Wentzky

Joseph Bartlo wrote:
A big mean meanie and heavyweight kookologist responding to my text
and making me look like a colossal idiot. No more whinges to this mean
person who keeps pounding my ass into the ground - you go on the lits
of people who have trounced me. The state I left that group was
embarassing to me. There were too many posts to follow them all, and I
know a lot of people were saying mean things about me - but a few
sucked up. So it was best at that point rather than to browse all the
crap to simply make a standard post telling people a lot of bull****
I'd just made up. I did that on many other groups, but the war is only
fought here. If anyone thinks I am the least bit kidding, consider how
long this has been going, how little I have accomplished (i.e., how
much the mean, mean kookologists have changed everything), and that I
have a lot of goats to blow.

-- in MID:

"America is supposed to be the world's melting pot,
so melt!!" -- from some BBS

"There are no governors anywhere."

"The personal _is_ political."

"If humans decline to exercise faith, then an
omnipotent God is impotent." -- Teresita, x-posted to APH

"Gabrielle?! Monkey-man, you bring her back! You know, you two are
beginning to irritate me with these obsessions of yours!
Fish don't just catch themselves!" -- Xena, "Fins, Femmes, &
Gems" (64/318)

"This bandwidth has been rescued from AOL." -- mimus

No-one expects the Fannish Inquisition!
Old August 14th 06, 11:30 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.men,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
Lola Stonewall Riot

DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

[...]

Yes, but I had to anyway. He's a freakin' Ph.D., after all, so he
doesn't really have an excuse for failing to understand, except sheer
bullheaded determination to carry out his agenda of "proving whom the
'disruptors' *really* are to Penso", even long after said gentleman
****ed off in disgust. Basically, it's additional support for his
nominations...

Old August 15th 06, 03:10 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.men,demon.local,ne.weather,alt.astronomy
Art Deco[_1_]

DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP wrote:

[...]

He doesn't seem to turn toward the right or left well at all.

Basically, it's additional support for his
nominations...

You mean like his kook awards that he always calls "classic erroneous
presuppositions"?