What CCD chip do I have in my Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 ?

Old March 27th 04, 04:37 PM
Rod Mollise

Default What CCD chip do I have in my Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 ?

Anyone knows which CCD chip am I having?

Hi:

I believe you have the Sony chip, but for a definitive answer, you need to ask
this on the QCUIAG group on Yahoogroups. These folks know one heck of a lot
more about the guts of these cameras than I do.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old March 28th 04, 04:23 AM
OP

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your reply. In my previous post I made a mistake about
the SACIV. They are not using the ICX098BQ, but the ICX098Ak. Sorry
for the confusion.

Anyway I found a site which has the pictures of the Sony and Sharp CCD
to compa

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/molyned...f_web-cams.htm

I found that mine matches the Sharp one :-(. This means sensitivity is
25 lux, compared to 1 lux of the Sony. Is this good enough for the
brighter DSO, such as M42 and M31 ? I am planning to buy an LX-90
within a month and I want to do some astrophotography with it. Now it
seems that my QC Pro 4000 isn't going to work well. Too bad Toucam Pro
is hard to find in this region. I am looking to buy a low-priced CCD
that I can use for DSO. I understand that you have the SAC7b so maybe
you can advice me on the SAC. I notice that the SAC8 is only $40 more
than SAC7b and is much more sensitive. I am not sure if that's how I
should look at it, but shouldn't anyone go for the SAC8 due to the
small price difference ? Are there other hidden cost to it ? As for
the QCUIAG group, I have checked it out but my membership is still
pending, so can't see any messages there yet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Clear Skies,
Tee