global warming hoax

Old December 12th 09, 01:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

Default global warming hoax

On Dec 12, 12:02*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

Most of the criminals in jails in the US are black. The rate of criminality
amongst white Americans is not that different to the rate of criminality of
white Belgians, or to the OECD average. Unlike Belgium, the US has a large

According to the figures publicly available 33% of the jail population
is white. That would still be 2.5 times higher than Belgium and
France, not counting the fact the minority factor also plays a role
here (arabs, because that where most of the immigration comes from).
Adjusting for that factor would leave us wit a 3.5 to 4 multiplier for
the US white male.

You guys never stop to amaze me with your logic: your media loves to
comment on France being on the edge of implosion because of its muslim
ethnic minority and yet, for some reason, they manage to jail less and
have generally safer cities.

black subculture where criminality is tolerated, and that is where the

Well, obviously it isn't tolerated since they end up in jail... Or do
I miss something? Should they all be in jail?

criminals overwhelmingly come from. And nor is this because US blacks are
generally poorer and economically disadvantaged; the demographics of US
Latinos is very similar to US blacks, but Latinos far smaller rate of
criminality.

What are "Latinos" anyway? How did that ever become a separate ethnic
group? Ah, yes, I remember Spanish and Portuguese colonists. While far
from perfect, they did indeed mix with the local population. That
wasn't an option in the North as the locals were, for all practical
purposes, promptly exterminated by the WASPs.

It is specifically within the black subculture.

In their genes? By decision of God? The Supreme Court? Are they just
evil?
Old December 12th 09, 12:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On Dec 12, 7:41*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

incarceration rates as a proxy for levels of criminality; there are many
other things going on.

Agreed, and your responses are reasonable indeed. In any case, that
was only one of the three possible scenarios after wsnel painted
himself in a corner.
Quadibloc is way too clever to become trapped that way ;-)

No, I said it was cultural, and it is. There are no racial genetic based
biases to criminality of which I am aware, and it isn't divine or anything
else you mention. There are black subcultures where theft is tolerated and
even admired, just as their are Islamic subcultures where terrorism is
tolerated or even admired.

That's one point of view. Looking at it from another angle, I guess
one could say that "wars against evil" are outlets for our terrorist
pulsions. And that investment banking is the part of our subculture
were thieves were most admired. Blair's latest interview is quite
enlightening btw.
Old December 13th 09, 06:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Dec 12, 8:48 am, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
On Dec 12, 2:25 pm, wrote:

Probably about 0.76 %, considering the number of repeat offenders.
And BTW, we call ourselves "Americans" because we refer to the place
we live, our homeland, as "America." Your constant and childish use
of the term "USians" is offensive.

It's just a demonym (no connection with demons). AFAIC, there are
Canadians, USians, Panameans, etc...
You may call me a Anura Borealis if you want, it will not offend me.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=USian

Your continued use of the term says all that any reasonable, logical
and respectable person needs to know about you.

Quadibloc is not clever at all.

Well, while I often disagree with him on political issues, I do
respect his intelligence.

Not surprising. Even among lower forms of life there is still a
hierarchy.

Old December 14th 09, 03:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On 13 déc, 18:08, wrote:

You may call me a Anura Borealis if you want, it will not offend me.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=USian

Oh, do you know the meaning of the word "sometimes"?

Now, I know that if you were poorly fed as a kid

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5023829

you could suffer from several deficiencies but "sometimes" is an easy
word, isn't it?

Old December 14th 09, 02:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Dec 13, 9:23 pm, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:
On 13 déc, 18:08, wrote:

You may call me a Anura Borealis if you want, it will not offend me.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=USian

Oh, do you know the meaning of the word "sometimes"?

Now, I know that if you were poorly fed as a kid

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5023829

NPR is biased and generally anti-American. The "P" should stand for
"Propaganda."

Here, read this:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...on_in_Belgium/

you could suffer from several deficiencies but "sometimes" is an easy
word, isn't it?

There is really no reason to coin a term such as "USian" except as a
pejorative, and that certainly seems to be your reason for using it.
I remind you that your country was liberated the American military,
but perhaps you or your ancestors got along well with your German
occupiers. That might explain your attitude.

Old December 14th 09, 05:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Dec 14, 6:19*am, wrote:

There is really no reason to coin a term such as "USian" except as a
pejorative,

You're mostly right, but in his native language, "America" refers to
the Americas, not just to the United States of America - so presumably
whatever bad things he is saying about the U.S., he does not want to
offend Brazilians or Mexicans or Chileans by having them think he is
including them as well.

John Savard
Old December 14th 09, 06:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Dec 14, 11:22 am, Quadibloc wrote:
On Dec 14, 6:19 am, wrote:

There is really no reason to coin a term such as "USian" except as a
pejorative,

You're mostly right,

I am completely correct.

but in his native language,
"America" refers to
the Americas,

Then he should put a "the" in front of "Americas" so that he doesn't
confuse himself, or others who are equally inept at reading things in
context.

not just to the United States of America - so presumably
whatever bad things he is saying about the U.S.,

If he wants to stick to facts and be fair, balanced and admit that his
little country has its own shortcomings, then fine. But back-handed
insults such as calling Americans "USians" are childish in the
extreme.

I could point out that if the entire world were as densely populated
as Belgium, it would have something on the order of 50 BILLION people.
(That would be 50 followed by nine zeros for those who would rather
criticize American English, than to learn it.)

he does not want to
offend Brazilians or Mexicans or Chileans by having them think he is
including them as well.

There is certainly plenty to criticize about those countries, but that
wouldn't be PC. So he'll just go about offending Americans instead.
If he is so concerned about the human condition, then he should start
with the self-inflicted problems that other countries have, where
there is much room for improvement.