Chasing Rainbows

Old January 9th 10, 08:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

Default Chasing Rainbows

On Jan 6, 5:10*am, "Darla" wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

netamerica...

Five new Earth like planets were just discovered by NASA.

Why are they doing this? *Why are we looking for Earth like planets?

We can't get to them...at least we cannot with all the dumb physicists
that cannot understand orbital mechanics well enough to know how to
get there.

So why bother finding exo planets?

To give SETI some focusing points?

--
**** Darla
Be well and come... be welcome

Darla You keep saying "You are the fifth star" What does that mean?
Bert
Old January 9th 10, 08:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Jan 6, 7:08*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Jan 6, 3:00*pm, "Darla" wrote:

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

ca...

"Darla" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
ernetamerica...
Five new Earth like planets were just discovered by NASA.

Why are they doing this? *Why are we looking for Earth like planets?

We can't get to them...at least we cannot with all the dumb physicists
that cannot understand orbital mechanics well enough to know how to
get there.

So why bother finding exo planets?

To give SETI some focusing points?

Seti and the telescopic search for exo planets prove one thing to me,
and that is this: we want to find other planets and other life out there
because we plan to go there some day.

Have you seen this plan?
It would be logical to assume that, if another living planet were found,
closer examination would be warranted.
Now, Mark, if life were found, then there would be three basic possibilities
that you would discover when you get the

* *1. *life there would be more advanced in technology,

Beat a hasty retreat. *Hope they haven't taken notice of us. *Remember
that discretion is the better part of valor. *Plan ways of spying on
them to learn what we can.

* *2. *life there would be less advanced in technology,

Then take advantage of the opportunity to show our true nature as
humans: *Advance, conquer, rape, pillage, plunder, exploit, enslave,
despoil, take as many resources as we can make use of and destroy the
rest!

* *3. *life there would possess technology essentially equal to Earth's.

Shrewdly negotiate. *We don't want to challenge them,on their own
turf. *Since they are about equal to us, we might have to learn to
coexist. *Maybe we can skin them in a business deal / trade
agreement!

In each case, if you were giving the orders, how would you proceed?

--
**** Darla
Fear is Ice that freezes you solid.

Don't ever turn your back on a human, Darla. *Look what we've done to
our own kind!

Double-A- Hide quoted text -

Double A Right you are I never sit with my back to a door. My sheriff
Bob Hansel is out to shoot me in back of my head (Mafia style) Had to
change my house phone # Florida is not healthy for your health when
you go aganist Severn Trent Water Bert
Old January 9th 10, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jan 9, 12:51*pm, bert wrote:
On Jan 6, 7:08*pm, Double-A wrote:

On Jan 6, 3:00*pm, "Darla" wrote:

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

ca...

"Darla" wrote in message
ng.com...

[...]

Maybe you should change your house number too!

Double-A

Old January 11th 10, 02:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Pros Pere[_2_]

"bert" wrote in message
On Jan 6, 5:10 am, "Darla" wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

netamerica...

Five new Earth like planets were just discovered by NASA.

Why are they doing this? Why are we looking for Earth like planets?

We can't get to them...at least we cannot with all the dumb physicists
that cannot understand orbital mechanics well enough to know how to
get there.

So why bother finding exo planets?

To give SETI some focusing points?

--
**** Darla
Be well and come... be welcome
You are the fifth star!

Darla You keep saying "You are the fifth star" What does that mean?
Bert

I was leaving it to Darla to answer you, Bert, but she hasn't been able to
break free from the search.
So here it is:

Star One) Life
Star Two) Animal Life
Star Three) Mammalian Life
Star Four) Primate Life
Star Five) Human Life

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!

Old January 11th 10, 03:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 11, 6:13*am, "Pros Pere" wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 5:10 am, "Darla" wrote:
[...]

How about a 6th star for plant life?

After all, there are plants more intelligent than some humans, such as
Hagar.

~ BG
Old January 11th 10, 03:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 8, 7:02*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message

On Jan 8, 4:47 pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:

"BradGuth" wrote in message

On Jan 8, 3:20 pm, "Pros Pere" wrote:

"BradGuth" wrote in message

On Jan 8, 7:46 am, "Pros Pere" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message

Zionism satanic rituals that involve human blood and body parts are
no
secret.

~ BG

The secret is whether or not you have fun with it.

Trust me, they seem to be having loads of fun, similar to their having
put Jesus Christ on a stick as something you seans (that were there at
the time) have no problems with.

~ BG

We have no Crystal Ball, Guth.
We can't foresee the future.

”Whoever controls the past, controls the future” / George Orwell

And there is absolutely NO historical record that supports putting
anybody
named Jesus Christ on a stick at any time.
So your entire premise has no logical basis in fact.

And even if it did have some basis in fact, we cannot foretell the
future,
so for all we know, somebody might come along, kill all the Roman
soldiers
and save this Jesus Christ person.

You take too much upon yourself, my friend.
Hindsight is about 100% better than foresight.

”Whoever controls the past, controls the future” / George Orwell

So, let's say your favorite person in the world were to die tomorrow.
You would sit there and BLAME US???
Or you would blame some rich person, or some fanatic somewhere?
Heavens, I do hope you see the MAJOR ERROR in all this ILLogical
thinking
of
yours!

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!

”Whoever controls the past, controls the future” / George Orwell

Ask Orwell, what if you control the present?

Only fools think the present is what they think it is.

**This is from the guy that wrote "The Time Machine" and "1984?"

**You know, this sounds like something he might say.

Honest observationology isn't worth much when only the mainstream
status quo is what gets published and hyped with public loot, and
obfuscation/exclusion of evidence that doesn't comply is common place.

**This does, too.

**Maybe he is speaking to you from the beyond.

Apparently our future has always been in the hands or flippers of
seans. Go figure how any form of such supposed intelligence can be so
mean and nasty or just reckless and without remorse.

~ BG
Old January 11th 10, 05:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Pros Pere[_2_]

"bert" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 5:10 am, "Darla" wrote:
[...]

I've been of the belief that several plants are far smarter than humans for
a long, long time.
There are a few of you who do rise above this.
Present company excepted.

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!

Old January 11th 10, 06:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Nightcrawler

BradGuth wrote:
How about a 6th star for plant life?

After all, there are plants more intelligent than some humans, such as
Hagar.

Bwahaha.

Nostar) Guthball
insert rest of star rankings

Old January 11th 10, 06:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

"bert" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 5:10 am, "Darla" wrote:
[...]

Your transference and pretense of special knowledge is noted, and I
shall offer my countertransference as proof positive that I am exactly
who I claim, and you are not. Perhaps seans need to do a better
training job on their minions and clown-fish, like yourself.

You've had more than your fair share of chances to make good, and
according to your own words you've had millions of years, and yet most
everything is either screwed up or having gotten past the point of no
return. Way to go , seans.

How many other planets and moons have you seans screwed up?

~ BG
Old January 11th 10, 07:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Jan 7, 7:15*am, "Darla" wrote:
"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in messagenews:iodbk5d14v6s1956gr0h124skc2v9r39s6@pas oschweiz.de...

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 04:52:15 -0500, "Darla"
wrote:

Hi EarlyBird!

I do hope you meant to be funny, especially with situation number 2!

I do think this can be deduced from human history .. with no exception
that comes to my mind :-((

Thank the Lord that for all the foreseeable future humans will have to
accept the role of the lesser technologically advanced race.

C.

Not at all, Charles!
After official contact, it is not just common, but actually CERTAIN that
humans can handle our technology.
Within less than 800 years, they can generally master our technology and
become a truly crucial member of our build/explore affinity.
It is the easiest thing in the galaxy for humans to absorb that it is
"assertiveness" rather than "aggressiveness" that truly SPURS them on.
And assertiveness is highly respected in the universe!

Yes, there have been many times in the past explorations of humans that
ended tragically.
Sometimes it was due to aggression from the higher technology, who wanted
things like gold and other wealth, sometimes tragedy would be accidental, as
in the explorers unknowingly inflicting a fatal microorganism on the
lesser-technology indigenous peoples, and sometimes it would be both.
But we have seen otherwise, which is why we know that humans are also
capable of benevolence.
If we didn't know this for certain, we wouldn't waste time studying humans.
We would just do our duty, mainly to explore this area of the galaxy,
continue to view Earth as an oasis and take care of it, and wait to see how
human aggressiveness mixed with a quickly growing technology would
eventually end.
This is a highly volatile condition, simply due to the fact that technology
generally precedes true understanding of that technology.
Societies can build things using trial and error, and when they've built
something that makes them go "WOW", it is only then that they try to
understand all the details about the construction.

Like modern computers -- much of the technology of computing comes from
findings in quantum mechanics.
And yet humans still have little understanding of that minuscule area of
inquiry.
Most people figure that if they can turn the thing on and off, and usually
get what they want just by pressing a few buttons, that's all they need to
know.
The engineers are, of course, more knowledgeable than the average person,
but as I said, even they have little understanding of much of the theory
behind what makes those computers make people go "WOW".

There are many exceptions to the tragic endings of human exploration of
Earth.
Just not many historically recorded ones.
Go ahead, Charles, can you take a STAB at just why that might be?

--
**** Darla
Fear is Ice that freezes you solid.
Train to be fearless, and set yourself free!

Darla I have problems turning off and on my Dell. Darla YOU ARE SO
ADVANCED I have to ask you this. Without our building cars. Without
our manufacturing cloths. With are workers with no factories can we
protect our country from the Asian threat.We lost our democracy,but
how about our land(country) Will global warming mean less farm land?
How bleak is our future.? If you live in Tampa you know how bad living
in Fl. is My fear is some day our flag will be burning and every one
cheering So sad am I Bert