Ronald Reagan mostly responsible for the space shuttle challenger tragedy. Gotta beat those Ruskies

Old June 27th 04, 01:07 AM
Mary Shafer

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:04:15 -0700, "P. Maxson"
wrote:

Here in Sacto the "convenient" gas stations ask for your zip code after
you swipe your plastic which I am OK with although it could be better.

That's the card companies, not the gas stations. I've run into it in
stores.

AmEx doesn't require it, so the gas stations don't even ask.

Mary

Old June 27th 04, 01:57 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
m...
Which one, "fool"? And is the only word they taught you in this "US
military academy" the word "bitch"?

Classmates, it seems.

Old June 27th 04, 04:41 AM
bob haller

From: "Scott Hedrick"
How, then, do you intend to answer for your failure to provide the names and
jurisdictions of the law enforcement personnel you contacted about Apollo 1?

Same old scott, he will now likely ask this a gazillion times while ignoring
the answer.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old June 27th 04, 08:04 AM
Stuf4

From LaDonna Wyss:
(Peter Stickney) wrote

He/She/It is certainly incapable of determining the probable safe
ejection envelopes of a Martin-Baker MK H-7 Ejection seat for crew
weights and sitting heights approaching the limits, even when provided
with the Flight Manual data. - In fact, the respnse on being provided
same was, after claiming the problem to be "simple" ducked & ran.
(Sounds familiar, eh?)

Or capable of understanding the role that Test Pilots perform for
engine manufacturers.

Or able to interpret standard Aviation Safety data.

Or know anything about Nuclear Weapons that isn't in eith Chuck
Hansen's "U,S, Nuclear Weapons" 1988, Crown Publishers, NY, or the
"Nuclear Weapons Databook", Volume 1, U.S. Nuclear Forces and
Capabilities, Chorchran, Arking, Hoening, auth. 1984, NRDC via
Ballinger Publishing Co, Cambridge, MA.

Stuffie earned its credibility the same way you're earning yours.

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about; so you're saying
the two of you had a meeting and he couldn't answer your questions?
Or did you folks just try to "corner" him in here and he chose not to
respond? Those are two different things, you know.

Peter (and Pat on a subthread below) are referring to sci.space
threads from many moons ago.

All positions that I've ever posted to Usenet are available in the
archives. If I've stated anything inaccurate, it would be very easy
to find the quote for proper examination.

As far as that old ejection seat conversation, Peter expressed an
interest in wanting to test my knowledge...

------------
(but if you really want me to take your test, please email me a copy
of the graph and I would be glad to work the numbers)

I'll scan the pages for the Martin-Baker MK-H7 for the F-4J. It's the
most complete one you'll find. But... Not only should you give the
numbers, but how they were derived, as well.
------------
)

One year later Peter explains that he never sent the charts:

"I even scanned and attempted to send the requisite tables from the
manual."

"I asked my questions, and attempted to supply data for, the Martin
Baker seats used in the F-4."

)

Here we are three years later. If I ever receive ejection seat
graphs, I will still be glad to work the numbers and respond to
whatever questions. (Since such Dash-1 graphs make absolutely no
mention of sitting height, I had my own understanding as to why Peter
lost interest in testing me.)

As for those other issues, they are all available in the archives as
well and if it is important enough for anyone to revisit those, I can
do so for that as well.

~ CT
Old June 27th 04, 08:20 AM
Stuf4

From Christopher Jones:
Scott Hedrick wrote:
"Stuf4" wrote in message
.com...

Consider the lesson from The Matrix.

I rather doubt you could do the algebra.

CT's thought processes seem to be exclusively non-linear.

Nature is non-linear. If you find a process as linear, all you have
found is a limited approximation of a non-linear phenomenon.

So here I agree with this accessment regarding the disconnect between
my thought processes and that of certain others here. Nature is
filled with curves. If your blinders are on tight enough, that curve
will look flat.

My arguments here have been like arguing that the Earth is round.
Those with limited perspective will insist that the Earth is flat.

It can be expected that people will choose to reject the bigger
picture that I can clearly see from my perspective.

We all have our own point of view.

~ CT
Old June 27th 04, 08:33 AM
Stuf4

From Christopher Jones:
Stuf4 wrote:
Consider the lesson from The Matrix.

That lesson being: "I know kung fu."

Don't you ever wonder why no one ever takes you seriously?
There are reasons behind that, many, many reasons, and
they do not include "the entire world is full of
jackasses except for you and LaDonna."

On the contrary, I am quite certain that there are those who see
wisdom in certain non-conformal views that are presented on this
forum.

One lesson from the Matrix is that even after peeling away a level of
ignorance to enter a more enlightened state of awareness, there are
those "Apoc's" who will choose to re-immerse themselves into an
ignorant state.

Those who find truth to be too painful will choose an ignorant version
of bliss by burying their head in the proverbial sand.

~ CT
Old June 27th 04, 11:19 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , P. Maxson
writes

On 2004-06-25, Herb Schaltegger wrote:

A native explaining this might help, since all I can compare it to is a
national insurance number here, which doesn't seem to be anything like
as common as a SSN...

A name and SSN is all that is typically required to obtain credit,
drivers licenses and so forth in a lot of places here.

**snipped for brevity**

Here in Sacto the "convenient" gas stations ask for your zip code after
you swipe your plastic which I am OK with although it could be better.

I wish they'd thought of that over here (UK). Much more memorable than
some PIN. I suppose the problem is that we have a postcode made up of
letters and numbers, which you can't key into a till or keypad.
--
What have they got to hide? Release the Beagle 2 report.
Old June 27th 04, 06:05 PM
Jim Davis

Stuf4 wrote:

My arguments here have been like arguing that the Earth is round.
Those with limited perspective will insist that the Earth is flat.

Actually, your arguments are more akin to arguing that the Earth is a
hollow sphere with openings at the poles. You dismiss as having
"limited perspective" anyone who thinks that the conventional view of
the Earth as a sphere is a much better fit to the available evidence.

Brad Guth uses much the same tactic. He argues that there are lizard
folk on Venus with advanced airships and that the Apollo landings on
the moon were faked and that Columbia was destroyed by an airborne
laser. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed as a "NASA mole" or a "NASA
borg".

Of course, you are much more reasonable than Guth (and infinitely
more articulate) but the fact remains that you constantly feel the
need to adopt his abusive tactics.

Jim Davis

Old June 28th 04, 12:00 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Those who find truth to be too painful will choose an ignorant version
of bliss by burying their head in the proverbial sand.

~ CT

No argument there.
LaDonna

You'd make more progress, then, if you'd take your head out of the sand.