Ronald Reagan mostly responsible for the space shuttle challenger tragedy. Gotta beat those Ruskies

Old June 25th 04, 02:18 PM
Roger Balettie

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote:
How did you find the time to
grace Google with your presence; aren't you busy with AOL?

While you may be accessing the sci.space.* hierarchy from Google Groups,
don't think that they are hosted or even created by Google. What you are
accessing is USENET, a very well-established Internet newsgroup system.

I don't know what you find to be CT's "crusade", but he does not have
a "sycophantic follower"--that implies I knew him before I came to
Google, and I did not.

Stuf's "crusade" is well documented. If you're using Google Groups, feel
free to look it up.

The individual points of his "crusade" are also well discussed and dismissed
by many regular members of these newsgroups, including me.

And, nothing I said regarding your cheerleading for Stuff implied (or needed
to imply) that you "knew him before (you) came to Google". You could've
started reading these groups yesterday, for all I know or care, and my
comment would still be valid.

Or, Roger, would you simply prefer to repeat history and kill some more

people?

Careful, LaDonna... that comment runs dangerously close to a slanderous
accusation. And, as I pointed out above, this is a world-wide forum.

You've been hiding behind the NSS message board SEO hat for a

year-and-a-half.

This laughable statement shows how little you know about me or my
participation in both private and public discussion arenas available to many
millions of people for going on ten years now.

Are you willing to come out into the daylight now?

Again, ignorant comments such as this will only show how little you know
about the arena into which you have stepped.

Welcome.

Roger
--
Roger Balettie
former Flight Dynamics Officer

Old June 25th 04, 02:18 PM
Roger Balettie

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote:
P.S. I'm in Houston now. Perhaps the next time you're out this way
(from where is it? Red Rock?) we can "do" lunch.

Thank you for the kind offer, but no thank you. I have no desire to do
that.

Roger

Old June 25th 04, 05:00 PM
Ami Silberman

"Stuf4" wrote in message
om...

Consider the lesson from The Matrix.

I'll take the plaid pill please.

Old June 25th 04, 06:03 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Stuf4" wrote in message
om...

Consider the lesson from The Matrix.

I rather doubt you could do the algebra.

Old June 25th 04, 06:44 PM
Ami Silberman

"Would you like another?" wrote in
message om...
Nancy destroyed the evidence - the stainless steel cookware. Everyone
knows of the link between Alzheimer's and aluminum cookware. So Nancy
had to get rid of the evidence although it appears she is trying to be
claiming that she has the Alzheimer's too. But it is not contagious,
so she is a liar just as her late husband was.

That link has actually been disproved. (See "The Curious Cook" , or maybe it
was "On Food and Cooking", by Harold McGee", or "The Man Who Ate Everything"
by Jeffrey Steingarten. The aluminum in cookware is actually pretty
non-reactive, unless you cook acidic food in it for a long time. You
actually get more aluminum from brocolli. So maybe George Senior was onto
something there.

Old June 25th 04, 07:31 PM
OM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:08:00 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
*Plonk*.

FINALLY!

....Dear God/Yahweh/TrueAllah/Roddenberry/Reagan, he ****ing did it!

[sigh] And if it happened yesterday afternoon, it explains why San
Antonio got pulverized with a massive sudden thunderstorm right above
my head, which killed the power and delayed my photo shoots for over
two hours. Thanks, Derek, you twit...:-P

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 25th 04, 07:48 PM
OM

LaLyingWhore babbled:

You may feel free to assume anything you like, Derek. This started
out as a post regarding Challenger.

....Bull****. This started out as a post where you claimed to have all
sorts of evidence that the A1 fire was murder, with Wally Schirra and
Frank Borman being conspirators along with NAA and NASS. Challenger
had jack **** to do with it.

....But even in your lies, some truth emerges. Only one dogsucking,
child-molesting feeble old ******* is so fixated on Challenger. Any
guesses as to who LaMaxson just admitted where "her" allegiance has
been all along?

Every damn one of you family of worthless trolls should be taken out
and shot...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 25th 04, 09:32 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-23, Derek Lyons wrote:
(LaDonna Wyss) wrote:
As for fantasy land, if you think people under orders are
supposed to "use initiative", then you don't know the first
blinking thing about the military. NOTHING.

Right. Which is why the literature of the Cold War (especially in the
1980's) went to great lengths to tout that our great strength was the
initiative of our junior officers and enlisted, and the robotic
structure of the USSR's armed forces was described as a great
weakness.

....and on a historical note, the reason generally put forward for the
"irrationally good" performance of German troops in WWII was the levels
of individual training, and small-unit quality generally linked to
competent, independent, NCOs and junior officers.

(By comparison - the French had an atrocious command system and had been
burnt over the idea of élan in 1914; the British, through an arguably
misguided emphasis on special forces, reduced this specific manpower
pool significantly; the Americans tended to support an "overwhelming
hammer" approach; and one can imagine how sapping to initiative an
armed, argumentative commissar in the USSR could be...)

TO DEREK: Someone gave me an advanced copy of your post via email.

Liar. You cannot receive an 'advance' copy of anything I post,
because if it's 'advance', it hasn't left my machine yet. Once again
you display your vast ignorance of how the internet works.

Hrm. I suspect I see the cause of confusion; google's atrocious lag,
whereby a post may well have propagated to, y'know, somewhere like
news.cassini.jpl.nasa.gov and been replied to before google shows it up.
So, forwarding a newly-arrived post to someone who isn't yet aware of
real newswervers, may well look to them like an "advanced copy"...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 25th 04, 09:45 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-24, Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Moving an OT thread further afield...

My DD214 is all the proof I need, and I'm NOT posting it because it
has my SSN on it, Ding-Dong.

So? Cover your precious SSN with a piece of masking tape and post it,
liar. Or scan it and redact that part of the image, liar.

Okay, this has baffled me a bit. Why is the SSN considered a vitally
secret personal detail, yet plastered across all sorts of databases &c?
I've got the impression in the past that the SSN is presumed to be an
identifier, but has no real system in place to safeguard this - IOW,
it's trivial to find one accidentally (or, presumably, intentionally),
but then because it's assumed to be "kept secret" problems potentially
arise...

A native explaining this might help, since all I can compare it to is a
national insurance number here, which doesn't seem to be anything like
as common as a SSN...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 25th 04, 09:57 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-24, Herb Schaltegger wrote:
In article ,
"Scott Hedrick" wrote:

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Although frankly, it
wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if Pat, Herb, Derek, Mosley, and
Hedrick were ALL Airmen Basic, Regular Air Force, retired. :-)

My goodness, you sound jealous.

Sorry, "LaDonna", wrong. I was ENLISTED as an E-3 in the USAFR on or
about September 20, 1986 (can't recall the exact date) - it was the

Sep.20 was a Saturday. That might help you get the date, though the
cynic in me suggests a good Friday night's student drinking might
explain signing Air Force enlistments... ;-)

first day of Fall Quarter at the University of Tennessee, Det.800
AFROTC, Air Training Command. I took the oath about ten seconds before
I signed my AFROTC college scholarship papers.

Internal evidence from old UTenn Senate minutes (gah, this is terrible,
hackery of the first water, someone shoot me) suggests classes tended to
start on a Thursday, FWIW. Quarters don't seem to be named as such any
more, so it's hard to figure out.

http://web.utk.edu/~senate/Minutes86-87.html

--
-Andrew Gray