Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

Old October 5th 12, 02:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

Just in case you hadn't noticed, you're really putting the cart before
the horse.

Jeff

well since the US will have ZERO deep space missions for well past the
forseable future speculating can be fun and costs nothing.......
Old October 5th 12, 04:18 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article 96dd33c3-46c5-4bd6-b529-cc5820c89ec3
@a7g2000yqo.googlegroups.com, says...

Just in case you hadn't noticed, you're really putting the cart before
the horse.

well since the US will have ZERO deep space missions for well past the
forseable future speculating can be fun and costs nothing.......

You're missing one key point. The summary of your speculation is
something like an unmanned mission to an asteroid "near" Snoopy with a
vehicle big enough to return Snoopy to earth. This is not reality
based. You're moved into the realm of science fiction, which is outside
the scope of the sci.space newsgroups.

Don't get me wrong, I love sci-fi (I am currently reading a stack of
Larry Niven's "Known Space" books), but this is *not* a sci-fi
newsgroup. If you want to speculate in the sci-fi universe, please take
such speculations to a newsgroup (or other online forum) like:
alt.writing.fiction.sci-fi

Jeff
Old October 5th 12, 07:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dean

On Friday, October 5, 2012 11:18:10 AM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:
[...]

Hi Jeff, the Known Space series are among my favorites! Of those, I really enjoyed "Becalmed in Hell" and "There is a Tide".
Old October 6th 12, 12:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

well with this everything could be easier

http://www.businessinsider.com/newes...ystals-2012-10
Old October 6th 12, 12:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

You're missing one key point. *The summary of your speculation is
something like an unmanned mission to an asteroid "near" Snoopy with a
vehicle big enough to return Snoopy to earth. *This is not reality
based. *You're moved into the realm of science fiction, which is outside
the scope of the sci.space newsgroups.

We dont necessarily need a high power booster to power the LM back to
earth, its believed to be earth crossing, dock a small booster or even
a ion engine to get it back to earth.

speed wouldnt matter if returning it to earth orbit takes 5 or even 10
years who cares?

plus a slow return would give time to plan how to safely deorbit
it.....

Safely deorbiting large payloads may have other uses besides returning
snoopy.......
Old October 6th 12, 03:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

We dont necessarily need a high power booster to power the LM back to
earth, its believed to be earth crossing, dock a small booster or even
a ion engine to get it back to earth.

Oh, so now you want to add an engine we don't have to all the other
nonexistent or imaginary things you've larded into your 'plan'.

Ion engines have already been used for deep space probes, at most it
might need to be scaled up, but could be used for other uses
Old October 6th 12, 03:29 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 4, 9:51*am, Dean wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:31:45 PM UTC-4, Brad Guth wrote:
On Oct 2, 4:53*am, Dean wrote:

On Monday, October 1, 2012 8:54:08 PM UTC-4, Brad Guth wrote:

On Sep 30, 8:12*pm, bob haller wrote:

Did nasa ever state what would happen to the lower stage left on the

moon?? If the hydrazine fuels leaked it could of caused a explosion.

as far as I know orbital photos arent good enough for a definitive

condition report......

just wondering what nasa expected to happen?

another one would be snoopy which appeared to end up in heliospheric

orbit...... or some left over 2nd stages that werent crashed into the

moon

with the fuels and batteries, and gases i wonder how these leftovers

have aged........

wouldnt it be wonderful to retrieve some of these artifacts?

According to all things NASA/Apollo, the moon is actually quite

reflective, monochromatic and otherwise totally inert. *So, everything

should still be in 100% perfect condition.

No. according to YOU, that's what NASA/Apollo is saying. *The reality is otherwise but like most conspiracy nuts, your thoughts are not quite rooted in reality.

Our NASA/Apollo reality is mostly subjective, because most of their

supposedly worthy forensics is missing in action, and oddly can't be

replicated by anyone because the fly-by-rocket technology of that era

simply isn't trustworthy or sufficiently documented so that others

could follow in their footsteps.

Holy hell guthball, don't you spout your conspiracy theories enough already? *You need to start taking your lithium. *Unless that is, the government really is out to get you.

In other words, you got nothing outside of whatever's NASA/Apollo
published, because they were the one and only honest government agency
of our mutually perpetrated cold-war era.

I bet you also believed each and every word spouted by GW Bush, Dick
Cheney and Kissinger.

How many other obfuscation protected FUD-masters and liars do you
associate yourself with?
Old October 6th 12, 02:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

so we build a ion engine wth controls that docks with the LM docking
system and retrieve over whatever time it takes the ion engine and
controls that could be refeuled and sent to do another job
Old October 7th 12, 12:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 5, 7:04*pm, bob haller wrote:
We dont necessarily need a high power booster to power the LM back to
earth, its believed to be earth crossing, dock a small booster or even
a ion engine to get it back to earth.

Oh, so now you want to add an engine we don't have to all the other
nonexistent or imaginary things you've larded into your 'plan'.

Ion engines have already been used for deep space probes, at most it
might need to be scaled up, but could be used for other uses

Indeed, much bigger and thus way more powerful ion thrusters shouldn't
be entirely problematic, perhaps running on spitting out Radon ions
derived from an onboard cache of Radium. Their nuclear power source
could also be of a radium and plutonium mix fuel that could yield
addition Radon.
Old October 7th 12, 11:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

a scaled up ion engine could be used to send all sorts of space probes
on their way, true their overall thrust is low but they can run
continiously....

so nasa builds a multi use ion engine stage for all sorts of
interesting jobs.