Possible 2014 comet impact to Mars could make it habitable.

Old March 8th 13, 09:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default Possible 2014 comet impact to Mars could make it habitable.

On Mar 8, 12:22*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

It appears we may be entering a littered area of space......

Oh, it doesn't appear like any such thing.

*truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Thomas Jefferson

Go google it, life changes on earth are cyclical. We may be entering a
littered area of space. Just like the persides meteor shower but on a
much larger scale
Old March 8th 13, 09:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

bob haller wrote:

It appears we may be entering a littered area of space......

Oh, it doesn't appear like any such thing.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Go google it, life changes on earth are cyclical. We may be entering a
littered area of space. Just like the persides meteor shower but on a
much larger scale

How about YOU FRACKING CITE a reference for a change.

Who knows, you may be right here. Maybe Fred is wrong. But you know what,
without an actual cite (google it doesn't count), I'll take Fred's word over
yours based on your track record.

Old March 8th 13, 09:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

--
Greg D. Moore * * * * * * * * *http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/
CEO QuiCR: Quick, Crowdsourced Responses.http://www.quicr.net

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/M...UC-2693228.php

There are lots of references to this on the net, its a well known issue
Old March 9th 13, 03:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Wayne Throop

::: We may be entering a littered area of space.

:: How about YOU FRACKING CITE a reference for a change.

: bob haller
: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/M...UC-2693228.php

Which has, of course, little if anything
to do with "entering a littered area of space".

Old March 9th 13, 12:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

bob haller wrote:

It appears we may be entering a littered area of space......

Oh, it doesn't appear like any such thing.

*truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Thomas Jefferson

Go google it, life changes on earth are cyclical. We may be entering a
littered area of space. Just like the persides meteor shower but on a
much larger scale

How about YOU FRACKING CITE a reference for a change.

Who knows, you may be right here. *Maybe Fred is wrong. But you know what,
without an actual cite (google it doesn't count), I'll take Fred's word over
yours based on your track record.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/M...s-every-62-mil...

There are lots of references to this on the net, its a well known issue

An occurrence FOR WHICH WE DO NOT KNOW THE CAUSE is not support for
whatever the current "Sky Is Falling" hypothesis occurs to Bobbert
"Chicken Little" Haller.

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn

laugh allyou want now, since earth has a poor ability to track meteors
and comets, no one knows for sure whats up.

but once something strikes earth and does real damage everyone will
get interested......
Old March 9th 13, 01:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

An occurrence FOR WHICH WE DO NOT KNOW THE CAUSE is not support for
whatever the current "Sky Is Falling" hypothesis occurs to Bobbert
"Chicken Little" Haller.

Ignoring obvous possible hazards is class A STUPID......

Your driving along and hear a noise like a tire is going flat

Do you ignore it till the tire blows and causes a possible accident?

Or pull over like I did yesterday and take a look? It must of been
something about the road, everything looked fine and the noise went
away at the end of the block

Global warming is another one like that and the severe storms doing
mega damage and the central part of USA drought is expected to
continue, national weather service prediction

.. We as a world wouldnt worry about global warming till the word is
brought to its knees with famine, new york will be evacuated because
of flooding etc....

While billions are wasted on SLS that money should be better spent on
things we really need

sad your too dumb to get it
Old March 9th 13, 02:21 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:31:02 -0800, Robert Clark wrote:

Speculation here that such an impact could make Mars habitable:

Rush to Mars: Comet impact could make Red Planet inhabitable. Published
time: February 28, 2013 16:32
http://rt.com/news/mars-comet-tito-flyby-601/

Bob Clark

You would need thousands of comets' worth of gas to make Mars' atmosphere
dense enough for human life, plus you would probably have to introduce
some sort of genetically-engineered plant to release free oxygen, then
wait a long time.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly
Old March 10th 13, 12:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Mar 9, 6:53*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

An occurrence FOR WHICH WE DO NOT KNOW THE CAUSE is not support for
whatever the current "Sky Is Falling" hypothesis occurs to Bobbert
"Chicken Little" Haller.

Ignoring obvous possible hazards is class A STUPID......

Reacting to every chicken-hearted delusional fantasy of a hazard is
class A INSANE.

Your driving along and hear a noise like a tire is going flat

Do you ignore it till the tire blows and causes a possible accident?

Or pull over like I did yesterday and take a look? It must of been
something about the road, everything looked fine and the noise went
away at the end of the block

So you're the idiot who stops every other block and walks around his
car, looking at it in bemusement?

Face it, Bobbert. *You're a Class A Loon.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

No I am the one who pulled off the road into a parking lot to check
the tires......

so I wouldnt hit a loon like you.
Old March 10th 13, 01:37 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:31:02 -0800, Robert Clark wrote:

Speculation here that such an impact could make Mars habitable:

Rush to Mars: Comet impact could make Red Planet inhabitable. Published
time: February 28, 2013 16:32
http://rt.com/news/mars-comet-tito-flyby-601/

Bob Clark

You would need thousands of comets' worth of gas to make Mars' atmosphere
dense enough for human life, plus you would probably have to introduce
some sort of genetically-engineered plant to release free oxygen, then
wait a long time.

That's a pretty good assessment.
Old March 10th 13, 04:17 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Bob Haller

On Mar 9, 8:37*pm, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
*"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:31:02 -0800, Robert Clark wrote:

Speculation here that such an impact could make Mars habitable:

Rush to Mars: Comet impact could make Red Planet inhabitable. Published
time: February 28, 2013 16:32
http://rt.com/news/mars-comet-tito-flyby-601/

* Bob Clark

You would need thousands of comets' worth of gas to make Mars' atmosphere
dense enough for human life, plus you would probably have to introduce
some sort of genetically-engineered plant to release free oxygen, then
wait a long time.

That's a pretty good assessment.

if theres enough water under the mars surface it could be electrically
turned into oxygen and hydrogen to provide breathable air. or
genetically engineer some lichen that would produce air.

Deep Impact: Comet Tempel-1 Visible from California at Time of Impact? W. Watson Amateur Astronomy 7 June 26th 05 01:25 AM
Mars 2014 - One Way Tkalbfus1 Policy 109 December 23rd 04 04:42 AM
Asteroid 2003 QQ47's Potential Earth Impact in 2014 Ruled Out Ron Baalke Astronomy Misc 7 September 9th 03 09:22 PM
Asteroid 2003 QQ47's Potential Earth Impact in 2014 Ruled Out Ron Baalke Misc 7 September 9th 03 09:22 PM