Chinese will practice docking with space module

Old August 17th 11, 05:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Nomen Nescio

Default Chinese will practice docking with space module

http://www.space.com/12647-china-spa...-1-launch.html

It's not really a space station, more a pressurised bathroom-sized room
in space. My guess is that the Chinese are practicing docking to
assemble a large spaceship in space with which they'll do a manned
flyby of Mars or even a landing on Phobos. It's the logical thing to do
and would leapfrog the U.S. manned Moon landings. In addition, to
upstage the Chinese the U.S. would be forced to perform a manned Mars
landing which would be extremely expensive and dangerous. Chances are
that the Chinese would therefore keep their space crown for quite a few
years, maybe decades.

If I were the U.S. I'd start planning for a manned Mars flyby soon...

Old August 17th 11, 09:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

If I were the U.S. I'd start planning for a manned Mars flyby soon...

and other than spending boatloads of borrowed money just what would a
manned landing on mars accomplish?

ultimately we would borrow money from china to go to mars to compete
with china........

putting our country futher in debt.

besides which such a extravagance is DOA given the economic realties
of today.

Mr and Mrs voters, sadly we are cutting SS, raising the retirement age
to 80, ending medicare as we know it...... etc etc etc.

but on a brite note were spending a few trillion on a flags and
footprints trip to mars........

thats not going to fly in so many ways.........
Old August 18th 11, 12:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On 18/08/2011 2:25 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
http://www.space.com/12647-china-spa...-1-launch.html

It's not really a space station, more a pressurised bathroom-sized room
in space. My guess is that the Chinese are practicing docking to
assemble a large spaceship in space with which they'll do a manned
flyby of Mars or even a landing on Phobos. It's the logical thing to do
and would leapfrog the U.S. manned Moon landings. In addition, to
upstage the Chinese the U.S. would be forced to perform a manned Mars
landing which would be extremely expensive and dangerous. Chances are
that the Chinese would therefore keep their space crown for quite a few
years, maybe decades.

If I were the U.S. I'd start planning for a manned Mars flyby soon...

Yet another anonymous coward.
Old August 19th 11, 10:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected] |

If I were the U.S. I'd start planning for a manned Mars flyby soon...

Spam in a can if the means is a slow boat chemical engine.

Chinese spam in can.............................Trig