Low mass ratio SSTO

Old August 24th 03, 05:28 AM
Christopher M. Jones

Default Low mass ratio SSTO

"Zoltan Szakaly" wrote:
Charts are charts, and hardware is hardware - and rarely do the two meet.
Try just flying your ramjet as a simple lifter - I believe that even if you
get it to work you are in for a big surprise when you near mach 1 and the
nature of the air stream changes.

The ramjets and the cone shaped intake system have been well
understood for 20 or 30 years. See the BOMARC missile ramjet or the
SR71. They work like a charm.

At mach 6+?

My engine works like a charm at
standstill,

You have a ramjet ... which can operate at a standstill ...
hmmm .... you don't say?! Quite a remarkable thing, that.

I guess we stopped talking about hardware somewhere along
the way and started talking about idealized, theoretical
models.

I have no reason to assume it will not work
supersonically.

Ya know what's funny, I said the *exact* same thing when
I had my bicycle pointed downhill from the top of Mt.
Rainier. Didn't turn out quite as I had planned though...

I am getting over 4,000 Isp at standstill and for my
SSTO concept to work I am only assuming a 1,000 Isp which is much less
than actual data.

That standstill ramjet again... Do you have a submarine
with a screen door as well perhaps? A solar powered
flashlight? A cordless extension cord? A "The Sound of
one Hand Clapping Clapper (TM)"?

Old August 24th 03, 05:43 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Zoltan Szakaly) :

Charts are charts, and hardware is hardware - and rarely do the two meet.

Try just flying your ramjet as a simple lifter - I believe that even if

you
get it to work you are in for a big surprise when you near mach 1 and the
nature of the air stream changes.

Earl Colby Pottinger

The ramjets and the cone shaped intake system have been well
understood for 20 or 30 years. See the BOMARC missile ramjet or the
SR71. They work like a charm. My engine works like a charm at
standstill, I have no reason to assume it will not work
supersonically. I am getting over 4,000 Isp at standstill and for my
SSTO concept to work I am only assuming a 1,000 Isp which is much less
than actual data.

My publication url:
http://vtol.net/air.htm

A picture of my induction jet engine:
http://vtol.net/induction.htm

The problem is the real world does not care about assumations. What you need
to do is to fly your engine and report back the real results, not what you
think it will do, the real data.

Remember, if you get the results you think you will get, you will have a real
money maker there. But people will demand real world data before you can get
at the money.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old August 26th 03, 06:53 PM
Penguinista

Zoltan Szakaly wrote:

The ramjets and the cone shaped intake system have been well
understood for 20 or 30 years. See the BOMARC missile ramjet or the
SR71. They work like a charm. My engine works like a charm at
standstill, I have no reason to assume it will not work
supersonically. I am getting over 4,000 Isp at standstill and for my
SSTO concept to work I am only assuming a 1,000 Isp which is much less
than actual data.

My publication url:
http://vtol.net/air.htm

A picture of my induction jet engine:
http://vtol.net/induction.htm

Zoltan

Enough design detail for independent analisys and testing might help
credibility. Then again, if the design is garbage...

Old August 26th 03, 07:16 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Zoltan Szakaly) :

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote in message
(Zoltan Szakaly) :

[...]

The interesting thing is that the airflow/gas flow in my intake system
is already supersonic. Even with the engine at a standstill. I am
working on instrumentation so I can learn more about the engine in
order to get the best hover endurance for the flying car.

But that say nothing about the outside flow as it tries to enter your inlet.
External flow patterns will be diffirent than the flow that is trapped inside
the walls of your intake.

Somebody earlier doubted me so I reaffirm here, I do have a ramjet
that works at a standstill and gets me over 4,000 Isp. I am probably
gona make a flight vehicle and try it as a first stage engine. For now
I am just trying to make a flying car.

Zoltan

Then please go ahead and fly it. Far more than arguing with you, what we
really would like to know is what happens when you try to fly it.

Earl Colby Pottinger