An Intimate encounter

Old June 1st 05, 05:50 PM
sunwolf

Default An Intimate encounter

June Skies Heat Up! Click here to read mo
http://www.svas.org/whatsup.htm

(Well, I was going to title it "menage a trois" but figured that was
getting too darned racy... ;-)

Dawn
www.sun-wolf.com

Old June 1st 05, 09:40 PM
Pierre

Omega Centauri (NGC 5139). Proudly reigning within his seat of power, the constellation Centaurus, the King of Globulars is sure to impress with his vast size. Did I say vast? This big boy is known as the King of Globulars for a very good reason, he is ten times larger than your average globular

Yes, but is it really a globular? What about the stripped out core
from a cannibilised dwarf? A bit like G1 in Andromeda.

Pierre

Old June 2nd 05, 03:58 PM
William Foley

I will change my mind about it being a globular when the professional
astronomy community states otherwise.
ups.com...