Lat/Long and AM/PM system for Mars

Old August 15th 12, 04:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Lat/Long and AM/PM system for Mars

Very few civilizations have done what this present one has done in
taking a shortcut with the Ra/Dec extensions to the core foundations
which tie planetary dynamics to local timekeeping - specifically the
main proportion which equates rotations (to the nearest rotation) to
the orbital circumference of a planet ,in our planet's case ,1461
rotations to 4 orbital circuits which reduces to 365 1/4 rotations to
one circuit.

I am exceptionally proud of explaining the cause of the differences
between the natural variations in the noon cycles as opposed to the
standard progression of 24 hour cycles in terms of actual dynamics and
the formatting of the 1461 rotations into the familiar calendar system
and likewise,this would have to follow roughly the same procedure for
Mars where a few core facts will dictate the necessary modifications
applied to Mars.

Obviously civilizations in antiquity and up to the time of the
creation of the Lat/Long system in tandem with the 24 hour AM/PM cycle
did not need goading or incentives,they simply adapted their
observations to create the systems we all use day in and day out.There
is always a chance for people to redeem themselves,in creating a
calendar system for Mars and then applying the Lat/Long system where
Mars turns 552 miles per (Mars) hours just as the equatorial Earth
turns 1037.5 miles per hour,the latter value has to be accepted.

I cannot see what our era hopes to achieve by knowingly ignoring a
system that we inherited,is flawed in its conclusions but still useful
for timekeeping purposes and predictions,whether I have the talent to
explain where the cracks are with current understanding and others do
not,the issues will be there for everyone to consider.