Some shots from the end of May...

Old May 31st 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Some shots from the end of May...

Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 31st 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:
Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

Congratulations on Himalia Pete - never seen that before.

Can I see image drift in your NGC7000? Might just be my eyes though..!

A while ago you did a very wide field view of M57, so that M57 itself
was quite small - any chance of a similar shot of M27?

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
JediGeeks http://www.jedigeeks.com
Old May 31st 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:33:27 +0100, Jim
wrote:

In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:
Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

Congratulations on Himalia Pete - never seen that before.

Not exciting though is it ;-)

Can I see image drift in your NGC7000? Might just be my eyes though..!

Looking at the original, there's some distortion in the frame -
especially noticable in the bottom right. Actually, I was having
trouble with my 2" coupling last night so it might be due to that.

A while ago you did a very wide field view of M57, so that M57 itself
was quite small - any chance of a similar shot of M27?

If I get a moment tonight, I'll take a widefield shot.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 31st 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:

Congratulations on Himalia Pete - never seen that before.

Not exciting though is it ;-)

Hey, it's there though - that's what matters :-)

Can I see image drift in your NGC7000? Might just be my eyes though..!

Looking at the original, there's some distortion in the frame -
especially noticable in the bottom right. Actually, I was having
trouble with my 2" coupling last night so it might be due to that.

Ah, right-o.

A while ago you did a very wide field view of M57, so that M57 itself
was quite small - any chance of a similar shot of M27?

If I get a moment tonight, I'll take a widefield shot.

Don't let it interfere with any pre-existing schedule, but thanks.

Jim
Old May 31st 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Nice images, Pete. I especially liked Jupiter's moons.

George

Old May 31st 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Pete Lawrence nous a donc écrit :

Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

Nice shots, Pete, as usual.
I'm waiting for the south part of NGC7000 )

--
Norbert. (no X for the answer)
======================================

Old May 31st 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On Wed, 31 May 2006 18:05:00 +0200, "Norbert"
wrote:

Pete Lawrence nous a donc écrit :

Hi all,

A mostly cloudy month trying to redeem itself right at the very end.
The last two nights have been very enjoyable with some good
transparency and reasonable seeing.

I completely underestimated the size of NGC 7000 though so I'm going
to have to do this as a mosaic!

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

Nice shots, Pete, as usual.
I'm waiting for the south part of NGC7000 )

Ha ha - we could have worked that one out better coudn't we! This is
an area of the sky I don't know particulalry well mainly because when
you look at it thorugh a finder, the number of stars that appears is
quite bewildering.

Good luck with yor missing part Norbert.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Old May 31st 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:21:28 GMT, "CJ" wrote:

M27
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M27-2006.html

NGC 7000 (north part)
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/widefie...C7000_pt1.html

Albireo
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/stars/albireo.html

Himalia
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/jupiter/himalia.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

I'm still amazed that these are unguided. I have been holding off on
astrophotography saving up for a GPS scope. Guess I have been waiting for
nothing (??).

Not at all, auto-guiding will allow you to obtain a much stronger
signal. Widefield images are pretty forgiving to be honest. Coupling
this with a short exposure time and I get enough tolerance to just
about get away with it. I intend to switch to auto-guiding pretty soon
though.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 31st 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Thank you Pete for your kind response to my post. You are a talented
individual with lots of patients it seems. I look forward to seeing more of
your images and have bookmarked your site. Awesome images, btw !