an apology

Old July 5th 04, 03:03 PM
DT

Default an apology

For contributing to the Jon 'it's only the hope of dying that's keeping
me alive' Kickerston thread. Please accept my humble apologies. I will
try harder next time.

;-)
Denis
--
DT
Replace nospam with the antithesis of hills
Old July 5th 04, 03:34 PM
Jon Kickerston

"DT" wrote in message
For contributing to the Jon 'it's only the hope of dying that's keeping
me alive' Kickerston thread. Please accept my humble apologies. I will
try harder next time.

;-)
Denis

Denis, I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. My threads are
designed to make people think and sometimes that is necessary. I don't ask
that everyone agree, just consider the alternate possibilities. Free speech
gives us the right to agree to disagree.

Jon

Old July 5th 04, 05:15 PM
David Staup

Jon Kickerston wrote:

"DT" wrote in message
For contributing to the Jon 'it's only the hope of dying that's keeping
me alive' Kickerston thread. Please accept my humble apologies. I will
try harder next time.

;-)
Denis

Denis, I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. My threads are
designed to make people think and sometimes that is necessary. I don't ask
that everyone agree, just consider the alternate possibilities. Free speech
gives us the right to agree to disagree.

Jon

--
DT
Replace nospam with the antithesis of hills

Jon,
Think about this: YOU cannot make people think - they either do or they
don't think.
what you seem to be doing is trying to make the people here think like
you. IMHO your threads (trolls) clearly have a fatalistic bend and while
you do and should have the right to voice your opinions maybe, just
maybe, you should choose another forum - one not so clearly pro science.
this forum is more for the discussion of the science of astronomy - not
the immediate benefits or lack thereof of any individual program.
Just my opinion

Dave

Old July 5th 04, 05:30 PM
Rod Mollise

Denis, I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. My threads are
designed to make people think

Hi Jon:

Assuming you are not just trolling, how about PLEASE posting this stuff on an
appropriate forum in the future? The parent group, sci.astro, is much more
suited for this kind of thing than is s.a.a. Thanks!
Certainly, if you want to discuss the _practice_ of astronomy, rather than your
ruminations on why Cassini is a bad thing, you're very welcome here (s.a.a.).

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Old July 5th 04, 08:20 PM
Wfoley2

Denis, I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. My threads are
designed to make people think and sometimes that is necessary. I don't ask
that everyone agree, just consider the alternate possibilities. Free speech
gives us the right to agree to disagree.

Jon

And we all have the right to publicly air our idiocy and/or ignorance. As Mark
Twain (or was the Mark Trail?) once said, to quit smoking is fine, he had done
it hundreds of times with no ill effects whatsoever. I have also quit smoking
many times (and the last time worked), as well as making an idiot of myself on
this ng.

Bill.
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old July 5th 04, 08:21 PM
Wfoley2

Hi Jon:

Assuming you are not just trolling, how about PLEASE posting this stuff on an
appropriate forum in the future? The parent group, sci.astro, is much more
suited for this kind of thing than is s.a.a. Thanks!
Certainly, if you want to discuss the _practice_ of astronomy, rather than
your
ruminations on why Cassini is a bad thing, you're very welcome here (s.a.a.).

Might I respectfully add to Rod's comments - Screw You Trolls, and kiss my
shiny ass!!
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)