My first digital Deepsky image.

Old May 27th 06, 10:38 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default My first digital Deepsky image.

"OG" wrote in message

"Colin Dawson" wrote in message
. uk...
Oh Hang on, I see the Y Shaped thingy now. It's right in the middle
and looks like a lower case y which has been rotated 90° anti-clockwise.
I just finished playing making some adjustments using Paint shop pro, and
I think that this has bought the image out alot.

Now, if I just learn how to do all those dark frame and other frame
things. I'll post the revised image up in a couple of minutes.

Regards

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com

"Colin Dawson" wrote in message
. uk...
Thank god there's an expert on hand. Thanks for the correction Pete.
I should have written down which object I was imaging.

I can't see the "Y" shaped thingy. Any chance that you can circle it
for me?

Here's the corrected link.
http://www.astronut.pwp.blueyonder.c...messier13.html

I'll try modifying the image now.

Regards

Colin Dawson

Hi Colin,
the only problem now is that your original link to 'messier14.html'
returns a 404 (page not found) error. Suggest you create a linking page

Nice picture though - Very nice picture.

I did think about creating a link page, but this is the only place where I'd
posted the original and incorrect message. I thought it better to post the
correct link to M13 rather than perpetrate continually giving out wrong
information. Sorry for the inconveniance. In future I'll be writing down
the name of the object that I'm taking a photo of so that I don't forget. he
he.

Regards

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com

Old May 27th 06, 02:59 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

http://www.astronut.pwp.blueyonder.c...eepsky_messier
13.html

I'll try modifying the image now.

Regards

Colin Dawson

Hi Colin,
the only problem now is that your original link to 'messier14.html'
returns a 404 (page not found) error. Suggest you create a linking
page

Nice picture though - Very nice picture.

I did think about creating a link page, but this is the only place
where I'd posted the original and incorrect message. I thought it
better to post the correct link to M13 rather than perpetrate
continually giving out wrong information.

No, that is the point of the link page - to retain the original page
name so that early references will still work. It provides an opportunity
to note that you did a typo and to advise the visitor to change his
references to link to the correct M13 page.

I pulled (drag and dropped) the early link onto my Desktop and
only when had surfing time did I open it. By that time, of course,
you had changed the name of the page! After reading the later
posts here I saw what you had done and went to the new address.

BTW, nice!