BBC Star Party

Old August 24th 03, 10:10 PM
Laury

Default BBC Star Party

"Martin Frey" wrote in message
| I hardly dare say it but - well done Beeb - if that doesn't whet a
few
| appetitites nothing will.

Yes, excellent.

I was a bit amused by the amount of light pollution they were
throwing up around the Joddrell Bank dish.

--
.-. Laury
(o o)

Old August 24th 03, 10:11 PM
Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
páidi wrote:
"Martin Frey" wrote in message
anyone know who the amateur radio astronomers with the
meteor detector?

That was the guys from Sheffield Astro.

Yes, 'twas us!!
Contact us at
Details of how to build and set up the gear will be on our website by next
weekend.
Terry Pratchett was very interested too!!

Steve Adams
SAS President
You may have seen me lurking behind the antenna :-)))))

Old August 24th 03, 11:25 PM
Martin

"The Man" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:02:07 +0000, Steve
wrote:

Graham W wrote:

That 'orange' colour didn't help, either! Neither did the '4:3/16:9'
aspect ratio switching either.

That's the BBC for you, sexing things up.....

Steve

Would have been sexier if Sophie had got her jugs out though

Ms Rayworth did a fine job of keeping her top ON and not being grating on
the ears (like Carol Vorderman can be)

Martin

Old August 25th 03, 06:57 AM
Darren

"Martin" wrote in message

Don't think Jodrell Babk is affected much by light pollution mind :-)

It would have been funny if the sky had been clear. Imagine, Rajesh
Unpronounceable runs up to a keen amateur in the crowd with his eye to the
eyepiece of his lovingly crafted 14" dobsonian.

Rajesh with wide eyes "What have we here?!"

astronomer "This is my home made telescope"

Rajesh "Wow, you built it yourself?"

astronomer "Yes, it took me 12 months and because of its size is described
as a 'Light Bucket'"

Rajesh "Amazing! What can you see through it?"

astronomer "Nothing, the piggin' BBC floodlights are drowning
everything..........."

Rajesh "Ooh, quickly, lets go to Sophie, there's an interesting picture
just come in from La Palma!"

camera switches to Sophie Lay-worth

Ok, so it probably wouldn't have happened like that, but what the
hell......?

Darren

Old August 26th 03, 11:30 AM
James

"Darren" wrote in message ...
"Martin" wrote in message

[...]

Darren you know I would of loved to see Sophie bend over and look into
that eyepiece....hmmmmmmm

James :P