what if paradox

Old December 1st 04, 02:06 PM
EvolBob

The belief in a multiverse, founded by neither evidence, observation nor
logic, is a manifestation of a human being's search and striving for the
absolutely deepest level of inferiority complex possible to attain.

ROTFL

I loved that post Dr UbeOne.
MultiUniverses just don't make any sense. Of course there is another way you could look at the word Universe and redefine it. For
example:

Below the surface of another planet life forms evolve to high intelligence. They are no bigger than a grain of sand and live
several hundred miles below their planets surface. However weird and strange their world would be to us, it makes perfect sense to
them.
Their theories of what their Universe is like would probably be like this:
The Sand just goes on forever as no one has detected any boundary, possibly as far as a million miles! Unimaginable distances this
is I think you are mad, it couldn't be this big!

Better stop before I get carried away here, the point is their Universe is sorta cut off from our own... so could we be in such a
situation?
Note, all the others can see, feel, and breath is sand. All we can see as far as we can is emptiness' in space, with the stars
embedded like sand on a beach....

Regards
Robert

"Dr. Yubiwan" wrote in message ...
"Luigi Caselli" wrote in message
"Phil Aypee" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,

To say any universe is small (or young or any other comparative
quality) is only meaningful if there is a yardstick. In this
universe, in my mind, there is none yet for itself, let alone
others.

But if there are such yardsticks available in science then
please tell me what they are.

Small means that in our universe you can have only one reality.
So anything is not possibly and not likely. Life conditions are limited.

In a multiverse solution you can have infinite realities... and in this
theory you can say that (almost) anything is possibly or likely in some of
these universes.
And there's no need to claim that we won an incredibly unlikely lottery.
With infinite tickets someone (us) took the right one...

In the biggest lottery in Italy you have only 1 on 625.000.000 possibility
to win.
But selling millions of tickets every extraction someone every 10-20 times
wins.
If they sell only one ticket it's a bit more difficult to win...

Our universe fine tuning conditions are a lot more unlikely...
So you really need lots of tickets (universes)...

Luigi Caselli

The belief in a multiverse, founded by neither evidence, observation nor
logic, is a manifestation of a human being's search and striving for the
absolutely deepest level of inferiority complex possible to attain.

IOW, those with inferiority complexes were overjoyed each time a discovery
was made which increased the perceived size of the Universe.

Now that your science has taken you about as far as it can take you in terms
of the size of the observable Universe, people like you keep the trend going
with your imaginations.

You envision either an infinitely large Universe or an infinite set of
Universes in order to make yourself feel as small as you can possibly feel.

This then justifies your overwhelming and decidedly overbearing sense of
superiority over other people.

If you are not already seeing a psychologist, I would certainly like to take
a closer look at you, if you don't mind.

Dr. Yubiwan, Ph.D.

---

Old December 1st 04, 02:38 PM
Dr. Yubiwan

"ah" wrote in message
Dr. Yubiwan wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
Dr. Yubiwan wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that you indeed Can make sense of things?
Not to dispute your word, Mr. Happy, but your writing's reminiscent

of
Socrates'.

Wayyyy before my time.

But, as a friend of mine once said, "What was created by Man can be

fixed
by Man."

Yet, I digress.

Where was I? Oh, yes: the Manual.

I can follow instruction so exactingly that my teachers were oft want

call me
Anal-AH.

Only thing I don't do is History . . . you don't have anything like

that
for me,
do you?

We had not anticipated the many requests of this nature we're receiving,

Mr.
Happy.
Darla is our chief historian, and Darla is merrily off to another

galaxy.
The duty falls to Kiyo, our 'acting' historian, and Kiyo's present

workload
due to our alert status won't allow time for much else.

Is there a specific era in your mind?

Dr. Yubiwan, Ph.D.

[if I may be so bold, you need to work on your reading comprehension]

I don't like History--it is repulsive.
--
ah

[if I may return the favor, you need to work on your credibility]

From our perspective, for you to say, "I don't like History--it is
repulsive," is akin to saying, "I do like making the same errors
redundantly, over and over again--to do so is attractive."

If you like to learn from your mistakes, then it is impossible for you to be
repulsed by History.
More likely, you are simply repulsed by the manner in which your teachers
have presented it to you!
May I suggest a period of self-instruction on the subject?
You might find yourself to be a better History teacher than anyone you've
met thus far.

Dr. Yubiwan, Ph.D.

Old December 2nd 04, 01:05 AM
ah

Lady Chatterly wrote:

repulsive?

I already noticed this.
--
ah
Old December 2nd 04, 01:09 AM
ah

Dr. Yubiwan wrote:

[...]

No, you may not.

From our perspective, for you to say, "I don't like History--it is
repulsive," is akin to saying, "I do like making the same errors
redundantly, over and over again--to do so is attractive."

This rests upon the foundation of mistakes being made along the way . . . none
were made, so it does not exist.

If you like to learn from your mistakes, then it is impossible for you to be
repulsed by History.
More likely, you are simply repulsed by the manner in which your teachers
have presented it to you!
May I suggest a period of self-instruction on the subject?

Ah, but I can't be bothered--too busy writing the future.

You might find yourself to be a better History teacher than anyone you've
met thus far.

The past is gone--there is nothing there for me.

I look entirely to the present--writing the future depends upon it.
--
ah
Old December 2nd 04, 01:34 AM
Aratzio

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:05:02 GMT, ah got double
secret probation because:

Lady Chatterly wrote:

repulsive?

I already noticed this.

Preconceived notion?
Old December 2nd 04, 11:45 AM
EvolBob

If we are to be invaded by the Perseuns, then let them.
We will kill them all DEAD!!

They usually fight fairly, and they seldom lose.

Hmmm, care to drop us a line to any successful Perseuns killers ObeOne?
Maybe we can spare some of them... what do Perseun females look like?

Regards
EvolBob

-----------snipped---------------

You better hope your so-called Higgs boson is found soon, Mr. Vingnutte.
Your species may need it against the Perseuns if they discover your planet.

Oh, we've shielded well--no indications of life in this system emanating in
their direction--all of your intelligent transmissions headed their way have
been jumbled to look like natural radiations--and so forth.

The only reason they might find us is if they decide to inspect this system
out of natural curiosity, with which they are well endowed like yourselves.

We are but a skeleton crew and can take no part in defending you from them.
So here's a heads up: the Perseuns are and have always been warlike,
extremely violent and fearless.
Yet within their moral framework is a rule to battle using only the highest
weaponry which their enemies use against them.
And they always fight within this framework.
You certainly have the numbers edge, as their warrior crew consists of only
a few million individuals.
But before you allow yourselves the luxury of arrogance, before you go
thinking that these are clumsy "Klingon"-type oafs, do realize that their
level of intelligence is a good deal higher than the human level.
So you will need to rise to the occasion, and I expect that you will.

If for any reason they do become curious and are able to locate you and your
planet, they will be your "first official contact" with extraterrestrial
beings (and perhaps your last as well).
They will give you ample warning to prepare if you should decide not to
surrender to them at the onset.
They usually fight fairly, and they seldom lose.

Probably they will just keep on going.
They are looking for us and have no reason to believe that they'll find us
here on the Orion bridge.
If I'm wrong, then this will be Earth's first galaxy war.
At least for this purpose, it's good that humans have stayed "in practice".

Dr. Yubiwan, Ph.D.

---

Old December 2nd 04, 03:18 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Luigi Carl Sagan used a dandelion seed as to being a universe. We
humans can only relate to macro sizes. Seems to me we could be to one
sided in thinking of intelligence relating to size. Bert

Old December 2nd 04, 03:50 PM
Luigi Caselli

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi Luigi Carl Sagan used a dandelion seed as to being a universe. We
humans can only relate to macro sizes. Seems to me we could be to one
sided in thinking of intelligence relating to size. Bert

Your post make me think about microprocessor and nanotechnology.
If, in a distant future, we'll be able to build a very small intelligent
device maybe macro size is not so important.
So, as usual when I read your posts, I have some more doubts...

Luigi Caselli

Old December 2nd 04, 07:30 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Luigi I have always said that my posts might make people think(not
just go to Google) Luigi many moons ago I read that for a machine to do
what some of the stuff our brains can do it would have to be huge. That
was before computer technology. Maybe Luigi only a computer will be able
o tell us impartially that humanoids are real.. Bert

Old December 3rd 04, 04:14 AM
ah

Aratzio wrote:
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:05:02 GMT, ah got double
secret probation because:

Lady Chatterly wrote:

repulsive?

I already noticed this.