Where can one obtain the full CAIB report on DVD?

Old July 28th 05, 09:33 PM
Dan Foster

Default Where can one obtain the full CAIB report on DVD?

I understand there was a DVD copy distributed, but it's hard finding one.

Anyone know where I might look for one? Willing to pay.

(Also willing to just make a copy, plus compensation, if one could be loaned.)

-Dan
Old July 28th 05, 09:44 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:33:08 -0500, Dan Foster wrote
(in article ):

I understand there was a DVD copy distributed, but it's hard finding one.

Anyone know where I might look for one? Willing to pay.

(Also willing to just make a copy, plus compensation, if one could be

loaned.)

-Dan

Have you checked the Government Printing Office? I downloaded the
whole thing and burned it to a couple of CD's when it was released.

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."

Old July 28th 05, 11:11 PM
Mike Ekholm

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:44:03 -0500, Herb Schaltegger just had to say:

:
: Anyone know where I might look for one? Willing to pay.
:
: (Also willing to just make a copy, plus compensation, if one could be
: loaned.)
:
: -Dan

: Have you checked the Government Printing Office? I downloaded the
: whole thing and burned it to a couple of CD's when it was released.

Its not that hard to find online
http://www.nasa.gov/columbia/caib/html/start.html
http://caib.nasa.gov/news/report/default.html
Old July 28th 05, 11:37 PM
Dan Foster

In article , Mike Ekholm wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:44:03 -0500, Herb Schaltegger just had to say:
: On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:33:08 -0500, Dan Foster wrote
: (in article ):

: I understand there was a DVD copy distributed, but it's hard finding one.
:
: Anyone know where I might look for one? Willing to pay.
:
: (Also willing to just make a copy, plus compensation, if one could be
: loaned.)
:
: -Dan

: Have you checked the Government Printing Office? I downloaded the
: whole thing and burned it to a couple of CD's when it was released.

Its not that hard to find online
http://www.nasa.gov/columbia/caib/html/start.html
http://caib.nasa.gov/news/report/default.html

Thanks. But it's not the *DVD* itself. They don't have any
information on how to obtain the DVD, either.

I already have the various PDF files, but believe I heard the DVD
contains some minor extras.

The DVD is 4.7 GB; the PDF files alone comprises one CD.

Implication is there are some extras. I'd be interested in that extra
material, but want to get the whole enchilada instead of piecemeal-ly to
make sure I haven't missed anything other than the PDFs.

I also wonder if the PDF files are better organized on the DVDs, too.

I'm also particularly interested in seeing if the DVD contains an
updated timeline of events (Excel spreadsheet) since the copy in the
CAIB report is an old version [rev 15?] and is not easy to read.

Not having a copy or knowing anyone who does, I can't make that
determination without seeing the DVD contents.

Hence, the specific query for a DVD, rather than the PDF files themselves.

But appreciated the pointers, though -- thanks.

-Dan
Old July 29th 05, 07:17 AM
Mike Ekholm

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:37:41 +0000 (UTC), Dan Foster just had to say:

: I already have the various PDF files, but believe I heard the DVD
: contains some minor extras.

Here you a
http://bookstore.gpo.gov/dynamic/act...33-000-01266-7

Enjoy.