...but a Digital Astrophotographer's Work is Never Done

Old January 30th 05, 11:09 PM
Davoud

Default ...but a Digital Astrophotographer's Work is Never Done

Thanks to the many people made kind remarks and sage suggestions about
my first through-the-telescope deep-sky images, made on January 27 and
28. It's human nature; I couldn't just let it go. I revisited the M42
image several times in Photoshop, and I have posted my third "final"
version at http://www.davidillig.com/ast-m42m45050127.shtml.

This time it really is final, probably. Every Photoshop user, no matter
what the subject, eventually learns that it is possible to concentrate
on the trees and miss the forest, i.e., edit a photo -- especially a
complex one -- to the point where, when you de-magnify it and look at
the whole image it resembles a patchwork quilt.

I think it's time to give this one a rest; I am at about the limit of
my skill level as it applies to my desire -- to produce a pretty
picture from the three usable exposures of M42 that I made.

Today brought heavy, soggy snow to Maryland, but it was so wet that it
compacted itself and the additional accumulation was only an inch or
so. That was followed by brilliant sunshine, and now partly cloudy
skies with balmy temperatures in the high 20's. Maybe I'll have a
chance to get working on the next set of exposures later this
evening...

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old January 31st 05, 01:58 AM
Dave Jessie

Davoud wrote in message:
Thanks to the many people made kind remarks and sage suggestions about
my first through-the-telescope deep-sky images, made on January 27 and
28. It's human nature; I couldn't just let it go. I revisited the M42
image several times in Photoshop, and I have posted my third "final"
version at http://www.davidillig.com/ast-m42m45050127.shtml.

This time it really is final, probably. Every Photoshop user, no matter
what the subject, eventually learns that it is possible to concentrate
on the trees and miss the forest, i.e., edit a photo -- especially a
complex one -- to the point where, when you de-magnify it and look at
the whole image it resembles a patchwork quilt.

Hi Davoud,

Your M42 is absolutely magnificent!
Thank you for posting the link.

Dave Jessie
PS I gotta tell you...I loved the "This time it really is final, probably"
line!