Repost: Scientific Peer Review: Is It A Thing Of The Past?

Old January 11th 04, 04:37 PM
~A~

Default Repost: Scientific Peer Review: Is It A Thing Of The Past?

http://marsanomalyresearch.com/2002/44/illusions.htm

Concluding excerpt:

Don't misunderstand me here, it is not my purpose here to be super critical
of those responsible for this. Actually, they may have started off well
intentioned and may have been doing this for so long for our own good as
they see it. Maybe or maybe not to. However, the fact remains that we have
been kept in the dark about this for so long that we are conditioned by this
secrecy into an ignorant, slumbering, and blindly accepting mental state
that is not in touch with this reality and there is nothing good about that
at all. It's long past time to grow-up, wake-up, and become involved in the
reality of our not being alone and the new age that is already upon us
whether we want it or not.

What I can't understand is why NASA, funded with federal tax payer money, is
contacting work out to Malin, but the *work* which Malin is doing does not
belong to the taxpayers or the US government.

And this is the reason that NASA is giving that the Mars MOC photographs can
not be peer reviewed -- because Malin owns them.

So NASA is taking Malin's word for it, and telling the public that one
scientist can peer review his own work.

That's not the scientific peer review process that I know -- or any other
scientist.

Old February 2nd 04, 04:57 PM
*

[...]

Let's Destroy The Myth Of Astrology!! GFHWalker Astronomy Misc 11 December 9th 03 10:28 PM
Peer Review Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 October 18th 03 05:42 PM
Holy Shit! MAN AS OLD AS COAL Ed Conrad History 10 July 21st 03 07:48 PM
CATASTROPHE Confirms ... MAN AS OLD AS COAL Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 2 July 16th 03 09:17 AM
CATACLYSM the Evidence -- MAN AS OLD AS COAL Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 1 July 6th 03 12:06 AM