Michael Griffin a government paid lobbyist?

Old February 10th 08, 02:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

Default Michael Griffin a government paid lobbyist?

What about Congress relationship to the people? This is exactly what needs
to happen, and now Griffin is a government paid lobbyist. It would be
better for NASA and the American People for NASA to get out of the
Launch/Landing business and come up with a real plan to go back to the Moon
and Mars. Starting at the Space Station, using Orbital Aerobrake vehicles,
Reusable Lunar Landers... all new technology.

Michael Griffin is lobbying Congress to return to the 60s. I'd rather see
NASA doing new things instead of trying to recreate the past.

Michael Griffin should quite lobbying Congress and try to figure out how to
encourage private sector manned space flight. Like buying tickets, that's
pretty simple.

Congress needs to pass a bill requiring NASA to purchase commercial Launch
and Landing services to go back to the Moon.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1682085.story

"It is all just noise," Griffin said.

"I trust the Congress enough, and my relationships with the Congress enough,
to believe that Congress is not going to write a law telling me to go
purchase Atlas V's and cancel Ares I.

"That's just is not going to happen," he said with a smile. "The Congress is
way smarter than that."

Congress would be smarter to cancel the Ares I, Ares V and Orion. NASA
should only build reusable vehicles, designed never to return to Earth, to
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @