Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old August 17th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Weather pattern staying the same Heat index 100F Luckily that Fay is
going directly over Cuba and the Keys will have rain damAGE BUT wind
gusts of only 63 mph I have no home ins as most know. Buying hurricane
ins. in Florida is a bad investment. I have saved tons of money. Those
that have mortgages have to take out this high cost ins. so banks are
safe. Our governor Charlie Crist a true republican screwed the home
owners to a point that it was another big expense to meet their monthly
payments and now end up with their families in their car. Its so very
sad. its so very true He gets big bucks from Allstate. Progress Energy
and Severn Trent. Charlie Crist proves corruption has to start at the
top. Florida by far has the most corruption of any state. Bert

Old August 17th 08, 07:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Very Very depressed Just got a call from a lady with 3 children. She
went to Osceola Family Affairs for help,and got none. Like I have been
posting poor families here in Osceola county must die. Is this America?
Bert

Old August 18th 08, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Three days of 100+ Oregon sunshine! Thu. 101 F, Fri. 103 F, Sat 100
F.

Sunday morning I was ALMOST STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!

Sitting and sleeping on the park bench, I was awakened by a sound like
a rocket passing right over my head! IT WAS A LIGHTNING BOLT in the
clouds right above me! It started to rain, and I headed for shelter
in the window alcove of the nearby furniture store. Before I got
there, another lightning bolt cam very close over my head! Lots of
lightning and thunder all around for about two hours, but not mcuh
rain. Finally I was able to go back to the bench and sit down
again.

I awoke to the sound of the ducks crowding around me. They were
hoping I would feed them. I was glad to see they have learned to go
after low hanging blackberries and pluck them off the vines. But they
prefer when I pick the berries and them a few. When I went to my
storage locker at 6 AM, it was still 88 F in there, so not good for
sleeping. But I got cleaned up some.

Double-A

Old August 18th 08, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

The kicker right now is we are getting lots of monsoon rain,and next it
will be 6 inches of rain from Fay. Ground water level at the top. Its
back to Florida swamp. Bert

Old August 19th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_31_]

Default Hillsboro was about 20 degrees hotter than Seattle.

You wrote:
“ Three days of 100+ Oregon sunshine!
Thu. 101 F, Fri. 103 F, Sat 100 F. ”.

Hillsboro was about 20 degrees hotter than Seattle.

Right now ( Seattle 4:40 p.m. ) it's 62°F with some rain.
Tomorrow ( Tuesday ) is to have a high of just 70°F,
same for Wednesday and Thursday.

Last night, I saw a huge orange moon low in the eastern sky,
over the cascade mountains, then an awsome lightning display
over the cascades ( 50 miles away ).. lots of light but no sound.

Old August 19th 08, 10:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Here I sit on the back porch at 5am and not a leaf stirring. Tracking
the storm closely shows its eye going directly over my house. Fay does
not scare Rudy or I its those no name tornadoes that keep us under the
pool table. Insurance companies get a free ride from Fay winds will only
gust to hurricane force,and water will be the big damage. 40 years ago
the power lines were to go underground (oh ya) Still have telephone
poles . Just on tv Severn Trent Avatar has thousands of empty
homes(started foreclosures 4 years ago) that are a menus because no one
is seeing that in these monsoons and now Fay are taking care of them. As
they blow apart roof gutters windows etc. they can damage homes lived in
around them. Severn Trent Avatar Mafia owning these empty homes need not
worry about this. Reason is they paid to be above all Florida laws.
Bert

Old August 19th 08, 12:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

7am Still no wind or rain from Fay. McCain pick for VP I go with
Romney from Mass. Obama should go with someone from Texas,but I predict
he might go with Hillary to unite the party. Ooops a gust of wind just
went by. Rudy is under the pool table. She is afraidy cat Bert

Old August 19th 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Aug 18, 1:23*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
The kicker right now is we are getting lots of monsoon rain,and next it
will be 6 inches of rain from Fay. *Ground water level at the top. *Its
back to Florida swamp. *Bert

We are finally having rain too, yesterday and today. I got plenty wet
last evening. Tomorrow a storm system is supposed to move through
bringing plenty of wind and rain. Seems unusual for August. I may
have to stand all nigjht if it rains. At my age it's amazing my body
can still take such rigors.

Double-A

Old August 19th 08, 07:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Aug 19, 2:29*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Here I sit on the back porch at 5am and not a leaf stirring. Tracking
the storm closely shows its eye going directly over my house. Fay does
not scare Rudy or I its those no name tornadoes that keep us under the
pool table. Insurance companies get a free ride from Fay winds will only
gust to hurricane force,and water will be the big damage. 40 years ago
the power lines were to go underground (oh ya) Still have *telephone
poles .

They are waiting for the hurricanes to blow them down before replacing
them with underground lines. No line before its time1

*Just on tv Severn Trent Avatar has thousands of empty
homes(started foreclosures 4 years ago)

And I bet none of them are hurricane proof! Don't you think 200 mph
roofing should be the standard?

Double-A

Old August 19th 08, 07:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Aug 18, 4:29 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:
You wrote:

" Three days of 100+ Oregon sunshine!
Thu. 101 F, Fri. 103 F, Sat 100 F. ".

Hillsboro was about 20 degrees hotter than Seattle.

Right now ( Seattle 4:40 p.m. ) it's 62$B!k(BF with some rain.
Tomorrow ( Tuesday ) is to have a high of just 70$B!k(BF,
same for Wednesday and Thursday.

Last night, I saw a huge orange moon low in the eastern sky,
over the cascade mountains, then an awsome lightning display
over the cascades ( 50 miles away ).. lots of light but no sound.

Walking uphill on a street that crested a short distance away, I saw
that beautiful moon as though it were imbedded halfway in the street
50 feet away, and then as though it were sitting on the street! An
unusual perspective for sure.

Double-A