Tonight is the big DEBATE..

Old August 7th 15, 01:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Tonight is the big DEBATE..

On Thursday, 6 August 2015 13:23:08 UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 10:05:18 -0700 (PDT), Uncarollo2
wrote:

.. with my favorite candidate

exclusively on FOX! it's a date.

It's like Saturday Night Live. Not worth watching, because you can get
the 5 minutes of humor the next day in YouTube clips. This will be the
same.

When it comes to elections, Americans are the most apathetic voters, turn-outs are poor. You should take more interest, unless like so many androids, you simply always vote along party lines?
Old August 7th 15, 01:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 8/6/15 4:00 PM, Lord Vath wrote:

Hate myself? What's there to hate? I'm a retired engineer and
military officer. I'm a former New York City fashion model, and have
many yacht racing trophys. My girlfriend is the hottest chick in the
city. I own a mansion and a yacht and a Harley. I also play banjo
and classical piano and have a nice smile. Why would I hate myself?

I think you're cute, a sweetheart, and a push-over for Fox talking points.

BTW, Bill wasn't impeached - articles of impeachment were brought
against him, but were rejected by the Senate. Apparently some of them
had an attack of rationality.
Besides, he lived in Berkeley for a summer - what's not to like?
Old August 7th 15, 02:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

.. with my favorite candidate

exclusively on FOX! it's a date.

It's like Saturday Night Live. Not worth watching, because you can get
the 5 minutes of humor the next day in YouTube clips. This will be the
same.

When it comes to elections, Americans are the most apathetic voters, turn-outs are poor. You should take more interest, unless like so many androids, you simply always vote along party lines?

Yes, the undereducated do seriously skew the statistics. Turnout is
quite good among those with college degrees.

I do take an interest. I've never missed voting in any election. But I
don't need a "debate" to know that every single declared Republican
candidate would be very bad for the country, leaving it much worse off
than when they started (like the last Republican president). There are
no viable candidates in the Republican fold. They've already presented
their positions.

I don't vote on party lines. I'm a Republican who has voted for
Democrats, Greens, Independents, and Republicans (although none of the
latter in the last couple decades, except for a few county officials).
Old August 7th 15, 04:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:01:07 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:

It will be Gounod's March of the Marionettes. They should play that music as
they march in.

Funny you should say that.

An election campaign has just kicked off in Canada... and, quite independently of
that, I was looking at *this* YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMOHiQtuSuo

John Savard
Old August 7th 15, 04:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 3:42:54 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Is it possible that he will turn out to be another Teddy Roosevelt who turned
against his fellow 1 percenters and put some sanity back into capitalism?

No, I don't think so. Warren Buffet would be that man...

Given his shocking remarks about Mexican illegals - yes, I don't think they can
be allowed to stay or let in, but they're not (otherwise) criminals except for
a very few cases.

And if he thinks like the other clowns that the Earth is 6000 years old, stick
a fork in him, he's done!

On the other hand, *that's* one kind of nuttiness that I'm sure he doesn't even
have time for.

John Savard
Old August 7th 15, 04:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 4:33:01 PM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I see no evidence that Hillary is a criminal, not that her husband
was, except in the most trivial sense of the word.

Well, subornation of perjury is a fairly serious offence.

John Savard
Old August 7th 15, 04:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 5:09:46 PM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 16:32:59 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote this crap:

I see no evidence that Hillary is a criminal, not that her husband
was, except in the most trivial sense of the word.

Bill Clinton broke every law in the book. Even murder. Clinton had
four people that I know of murdered. Even treason wasn't beneath him.
He sold military secrets to the Chinese.

I don't recall seeing any accounts of these acts in the mainstream media.

John Savard
Old August 7th 15, 04:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 6:14:09 PM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:

And yet, I have a mansion and a yacht. You can sell everything you
own and still not be able to afford my comic book collection.

All that shows is that the free enterprise system, although fair in some senses,
does not entirely comport with all senses of the idea of justice.

It rewards the ability to produce what others value - or being born to the right
parents - not goodness and kindness.

John Savard
Old August 7th 15, 05:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

wrote:

.. with my favorite candidate

exclusively on FOX! it's a date.

It's like Saturday Night Live. Not worth watching, because you can get
the 5 minutes of humor the next day in YouTube clips. This will be the
same.

When it comes to elections, Americans are the most apathetic voters, turn-outs are poor. You should take more interest, unless like so many androids, you simply always vote along party lines?

Yes, you are correct. Voters are apathetic, but I think it's by design. Incumbents want it that way. Why do you think they get re-elected 90% of the time?
Old August 7th 15, 05:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

wrote this crap:

I see no evidence that Hillary is a criminal, not that her husband
was, except in the most trivial sense of the word.

Bill Clinton broke every law in the book. Even murder. Clinton had
four people that I know of murdered. Even treason wasn't beneath him.
He sold military secrets to the Chinese.

I don't recall seeing any accounts of these acts in the mainstream media.

John Savard

I don't recall seeing any accounts in a court of law either. The statements by Vath are lies or the delusional rantings of a sociopath.

About debate advicegiven[_3_] Astronomy Misc 1 July 7th 09 03:30 PM
The Debate Double-A Misc 1 October 14th 04 04:06 AM
Debate on GR Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 January 9th 04 01:53 AM
the antiquity of the ETI debate James Oberg History 1 August 12th 03 02:09 AM