... OIL has Doubled in One Year! $120 bbl While NASA Dreams of Moon Rocks!

Old May 7th 08, 04:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
Williamknowsbest

Default ... OIL has Doubled in One Year! $120 bbl While NASA Dreams ofMoon Rocks!

Please see

http://www.usoal.com

I have perfected low-cost solar panels. Terrestrial solar is the
first step.

Given the nature of PV cells, its easiest to electrolyze water into
hydrogen and oxygen. Hydrogen plus coal equals crude oil, methane
and char. Char plus oxygen equals carbon dioxide. CO plus hydrogen
equals methanol. Methane plus oxygen equals methanol. Dehydrate
methanol and get iso-octane. Add the iso-octane to the crude oil and
get light crude oil.

I have two facilities under construction in Indonesia that each are
planned to produce 200,000 barrels per day.

I am selling 20 forward contracts from each of the two facilities that
are under constrution in Indonesia. Each contract sells 10,000
barrels of oil for $750,000. with $250,000 deposit on 10,000 barrels
of oil with a balance of $500,000 due on delivery in 60 months. At
that time if a barrel of oil sells for $125 - this contract will be
worth $1,250,000 - which means after paying the $500,000 for the oil,
you pocket $750,000 on your original $250,000 investment. Of course
if oil drops to less than $75 per barrel at the time you take
delivery, you won't make any money.

I will build 42 facilities like this over the next 14 years. This is
enough to produce 8% of the world's crude oil needs.

I will also buy space launch assets from various aerospace contractors
to built a 7 element RLV capable of putting 500 metric tons into
LEO. A 3 element version puts 225 tons into LEO, and a one element
version with inline upper stage puts 75 tons into LEO. This vehicle
consists of a stretched ET with an aerospike engine at its base, using
5 RS-68 pumpsets. Each flight element masses 1,000 tons at lift off,
produces 1,500 tons of thrust at lift off, and carries 880 metric tons
of propellant. They are also equipped with cross-feed to implement a
unique staging approach I have created, but found out that others have
thought of the same thing in the past. All elements are fully
recovered and reused.

The 500 ton version orbits a thin film concentrator that focuses light
onto a multi-spectral PV array that operates at 5,000x solar
intensity. The PV array drives a free-electron laser that produces
laser energy at very high efficiencies. The laser beam uses
holographic techniques and nonlinear optical media along with adaptive
optics to beam energy to the 42 solar panel powered coal to liquid
facilities located around the world. This increases hyrogen and
oxygen output by 16x. A portion of this is used to increase oil
output to 700,000 b/d per facility - providing 35% of the world's
crude oil. The balance of the increase is used to create hyrogen gas
which s used directly as a fuel., This provides the equivalent of
1,250,000 b/d per facility. Which exceeds the current demand for
energy.

4,000 satellites each generating 6,000 MW of laser power are place in
GEO and operated to feed energy to the coal-to-liquid plants. A fleet
of 30 heavy lift booster take 10 days each to be refurbished and
reloaded for a flight. Three flights per day are carried out. In
four years 4,000 satellites are deployed. It takes 6 years to design
and build out the fleet of rockets and the launch center. It takes
four years from today to get the first two facilities in production.
Revenue from the sale of oil from the first two facilities pays for
everything.

Once the world's energy prices have been resolved, the fleet of 30
heavy lift boosters are available to place piloted payloads onto
orbit, on the moon, on Mars and in the Asteroid belt.

Additional revenues may be earned by developing these accessible
frontier regions.

Old May 7th 08, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
BradGuth

Any place on Earth becomes livable and otherwise survivable if you can
afford it.

However, no matters how rich and powerful you are, it takes fire to
fight fire, mostly in the form of many ICEs burning off loads of
fossil derived energy that’s getting spendier and even bloodier by the
hour. Electrical powered technology, unless using RTGs or via synfuel
along with h2o2 created, stored and distributed by way of renewable
energy that’s in surplus, isn’t going to fight any significant fire
for long. Perhaps creating a multitude of km tall water towers, say
at least one for each and every 100 square miles that could also be
used as terrific solar energy collectors, as well as each hosting a
250 meter diameter wind turbine would start to make sense.

On May 7, 7:56 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Jeff If all I had was my dog Rudy I would be a happy camper. Got my
conversion van up to snuff. You know Progress Energy Mafia over billed
me to the tune of 750 bucks, and will not pay this fraudulent bill. Will
be turning my water off this week. Even a mother just having a baby that
needs warm bath water they would leave with no power.(Claire Recinello)
What chance do I have. Progress Energy billing is fraudulent as proven
by chanel 9 news Instead of returning $146,000,000 they are with the
help of Florida Governor Charie Crist making people like me pay these
overcharged bills. I wonder if Charlie Crist might let these Mafia
owned utilities break my legs if they are not paid? It fits. Charlie
Crist will make Osceola sheriff "Bob' Hansel the Florida Attorney
General. A sheriff that can get away with threatening lives and taking
away a citizen's first amendment rights is the right man for that job
Oh ya Bert

I take it you and others of your kind are not happy campers about
joining up with the New World Order, of pandering and otherwise brown-
nosing to those in charge of our 3200% fossil energy inflation in the
past 60 years, and of most everything else made ENRON and Federal
Reserve cartel exclusive, and for the rest of us simply over-priced to
the point where only the rich and powerful can afford their water, gas
and electrical overhead along with their $5/gallon fuel.

Doing the last year's worth of crude oil profits alone, at $60 extra
per barrel with no real increase in their process of extracting that
oil, whereas if anything via technology, automation and labor
efficiency improvements it's taking less overall human effort to
extract each crude barrel of oil (even from oily sand).

$60 * gross oil barrels = net extra profits within just the last
year.
$60 * 31e9 = $1860e9 ($1.86 trillion in surplus profit for 2008)

As I'd said, this doesn't even include any portion of their previously
established profit margins of past years, or the ongoing secondary
cost impacts and thus collateral inflation upon most everything else
(such as water), not to forget those having died and others dieing as
a direct result of such energy profit takings. In total we’re looking
at having to fork out at least an extra $3 trillion in just the last
year alone, and likely $5 trillion for this next inflated year whereas
consumer products, food, housing and services manage to catch up to
their previous plus recent impact of their having to do business with
such artificially higher cost of energy and water.

Expect those pesky energy and food riots, plus a whole lot worse
things to come, just like having been orchestrated by the mostly
Semitic Third Reich DARPA and by those brown-nosed minions of their
faith-based puppeteers in charge of squeezing your private parts.
Soon enough, the final straw may come when beer cost $12 per 6-pack,
cup of joe at $5 and road fuel running $10/gallon (private aviation
fuel with local and federal tax and airport usage surcharge is likely
to hit that $10 mark within the year), then what?

On May 7, 8:04 am, Williamknowsbest wrote:
[...]

BTW, you and your DARPA friends have not perfected squat, because
otherwise there's be countless commercial and private installations of
those nifty Mook PVs doing their clean and renewable energy thing,
even if only on behalf of creating LH2 or merely H2.
. - Brad Guth
Old May 7th 08, 09:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
BradGuth

The scammy likes of “Williamknowsbest” (aka William Mook) isn’t
fooling anyone by his “I have two facilities under construction in
Indonesia that each are planned to produce 200,000 barrels per day. I
am selling 20 forward contracts from each of the two facilities that
are under constrution in Indonesia.” Besides the obvious misspelled/
typo “constrution”, notice as to the “each are planned to produce”
qualifier, or rather disqualifier. Otherwise, what is it about an
offshore investment in Indonesia that can be trusted any better than a
line of supposed credit with the Bank of Nigeria?

According to lord Mook and his DARPA friends; Anyplace on Earth
becomes livable and otherwise survivable if you can afford it. Well
lo and behold, that seems to be the prevailing problem for most of us
that can’t hardly afford to keep what we’ve got, much less obtain
whatever’s necessary for tomorrow. It’s gotten way past whatever pay-
back time, and it’s not looking good if the likes of private
competitive energy is not being allowed to emerge, or much less given
public incentives for their R&D efforts by way of matching dollars.
What we’re stuck with is having to import finished fuel products
because our oil and coal refinery cartel is either ENRON sick beyond
the point of no return, or sticking with their New World Order as
their one and only plan of action.

[...]

On May 6, 6:17 pm, "jonathan" wrote:
I'M MAD AS HELL......

It's just insane. Oil was as low as $8 a barrel under Pres Clinton.
It increased by $60 a barrel just in the /last year/.

Let's just extrapolate that price increase out a few years, to...say...about the
time NASA gets to kick around a few more Moon Rocks in the year 2025
give or take ten?

I wonder how history will remember this time, when we had a choice between a
New Moon Base, or the Space Solar Power (SSP) program axed by President
Bush upon taking office.

This is what history will say I believe.

Everyone will be looking at our new shiny moon base much like we see
the ISS now. Doing /nothing/ except consume every available dollar just
to keep the thing flying. And they'll say it's clear the choice for the moon
over SSP was a result of two things.

The military: seeking the 'high ground' in the missile defense race.

Corruption: the big contractors preferring another "Bridge to Nowhere"
As they can promise NOTHING in return for the mega-bucks.
They haven't promised to cure anything, fix anything
or create anything beneficial to the taxpayers except
for the 'thing' itself Another ISS, existing only for the
sake of it. "Have Faith" The NASA administrator says...

There can be no other conclusion, that amidst a new global consensus
and awakening on the rapidly warming earth, we abandoned a visionary
long-term program, Space Solar Power, that could revolutionize
the future of this planet. A program that could not only address the
rapidly diminishing oil reserves, but also tackle greenhouse gasses
and global warming.

A single program, Space Solar Power, that could directly effect two of
greatest global threats. Not to mention all that flows from these
two threats, such as wars over oil, economic growth and national
security.

This was the program timeline when Bush canceled SSP

Space Solar Power Exploratory Research and Technology program (SERT)

a.. 2005: ~100 kW, Free-flyer, demo-scale commercial space
b.. 2010: ~100 kW Planetary Surface System, demo-scale, space exploration
c.. 2015: ~10 MW Free-flyer, Transportation; Large demo, solar clipper
d.. 2020: 1 GW Free-flyer, Full-scale solar power satellite commercial spacehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Solar_Power_Exploratory_Research_a...

By the time we build that shiny now Moon Base, The United States
...could've been building gigawatt class power satellites...we
...could have been on the threshold of becoming the next energy "Saudi Arabia".

Where ...America is the primary source of energy for the world.

But no, the military needs a new observation post, to target the Chinese.

Are we living in an era of denial, insanity or stupidity?

I can't think of any other reason for the choice we're making
to go back to the moon instead of using NASA not just to study
the atmosphere, but to be the agency responsible for ...improving it
as well.

Hey, you NASA guys want larger budgets??? SSP is the path to
long term public and Congressional support.

A Moon Base is a recipe for a much smaller-leaner NASA.
Stripped to the bones by a public angry that NASA's
..lack of foresight is exceeded only by it's
..lack of backbone.

Jonathan

BTW, my LSE-CM/ISS is still technically doable, as are the expeditions
of Venus, and if need be setting up POOF City at Venus L2.

I've top posted for the benefit of others.
. - BG
Old May 7th 08, 09:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
Richard Casady

On Wed, 7 May 2008 13:18:07 -0700 (PDT), BradGuth
wrote:

I've top posted for the benefit of others.

Funny, I figured you did it because you are an inconsiderate asshole.

Casady
Old May 7th 08, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
BradGuth

wrote:

I've top posted for the benefit of others.

Funny, I figured you did it because you are an inconsiderate asshole.

Casady

So, you're admitting to being one of THEM. (no surprise there)
.. - Brad Guth
Old May 8th 08, 01:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
jonathan[_3_]

"Totorkon" wrote in message

A 5Gw SPS would have a mass close to 100X the ISS. If its cost were
scaled by the same measure, the price tag would exceed twelve trillion
dollars.

I think the idea is to only build technology demonstrators. To get to the point
where the commercial sector can take over once NASA has shown SSP
can work and be competitive.

Thank you for the reference to sert. The proposal for a couple of
100Kw solar powered hall thrusters seems like a good way to develope
practical competitive space solar collectors which could well serve
science and give practical experience in the type of challenges SPSs
will have to deal with.

Increasing the number of robotic expeditions in the 10-20 ton range is
a practical way to develope the lower cost launch systems that are
necessary to even contemplate an SPS project.

One point that should be made is this. When we create relatively 'small'
goals, we're left with nothing in the end as with Apollo and now ISS.
Ya we got there, and built the thing, but didn't create in the process
the kind of comprehensive space infrastructure to really open up space
to commercial use.

A /large ambitious/ goal such as SSP would require /as prerequisites/ all kinds
of basic infrastructure, such as space ports and low cost to orbit advances
as well as all kinds of other technology breakthroughs. Maybe using
laser transmission instead of microwave and so on. Even is SSP failed
in the end, and was beat out by other ideas, we would still be left with
what we need to commercialize and truly exploit space.

A small goal also inspires little public support, and ends up getting the
bare minimum funding with all the compromises that go along with
ever diminishing public support as the program goes on.

A large, visionary goal, where the public can easily see the tangible benefits
down the road can inspire and create a program that gets more and more
support as time goes on.

As the goal becomes larger and grander, the chance of success grows
along with it.

Our dependence on fossil fuels, and global warming, are perhaps the
two greatest threats to the future of this planet, not to mention our
way of life. The future needs to be rescued. And here we have
a ...single program...that could potentially be the solution to both.
Could potentially 'save the world'. Provided, of course, the nation
rallies behind it and gives it the priority and money it deserves.

Which in my opinion means a NASA budge an entire order of magnitude
larger than what is customary. If not more.

Only the 'Big Idea' that 'Saves the World' can accomplish all that.

I think SSP is that big idea, and I think the public would jump on board
in droves if all the potential benefits to America and the future are
fully expressed.

There are few problems in the world that would NOT benefit from a large
successful SSP program. Which means almost everyone would support it.
From the hawks to the doves, from big business and environmentalists all
would have a direct interest in it's success.

The idea is to come up with a goal with the broadest possible public support.
That is the path to success and to creating a better future.

Old May 8th 08, 05:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
BradGuth

Forgot to mention, it's an oil and blood sucking sprint to the
finish. WWIII will just be another reminder that our "no child left
behind" as our national policy of being dumbfounded past the point of
no return, has been working like a charm.
. - Brad Guth

Old May 8th 08, 04:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
Lloyd[_2_]

On May 5, 10:25 pm, Poetic Justice -n-
Dog.com wrote:
eyeball wrote:
On May 6, 9:17 pm, "jonathan" wrote:
I'M MAD AS HELL......

It's just insane. Oil was as low as $8 a barrel under Pres Clinton.
It increased by $60 a barrel just in the /last year/.

That's how long since the "New sheriff Pelosi got to town" Remember her
telling us that she was going to ride herd on Bush and that Pelosi would
get gas prices down.....

It looks like Democrats couldn't live up to the promise.

What happened to Bush's promise in 2000 to use his connections with
the Saudis to keep oil prices down?
Old May 8th 08, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Lloyd" wrote in message
What happened to Bush's promise in 2000 to use his connections with
the Saudis to keep oil prices down?

It's *working*. The demand has skyrocketed, particularly because of China.
We should have seen these prices years ago.

... OIL has Doubled in One Year! $120 bbl While NASA Dreams of Moon Rocks! jonathan[_3_] Policy 343 June 21st 08 09:05 PM
oxygen recovery from moon rocks Seb UK Astronomy 5 November 27th 04 02:08 AM
moon rocks 101 Matt Amateur Astronomy 1 October 7th 04 07:35 AM
Moon rocks fall up? Harlan Messinger Research 18 May 10th 04 12:36 PM
The Moon rocks Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 3 April 4th 04 08:01 AM