USGC U613 Galaxy Group -- Back to Obscure Objects

Old August 6th 17, 07:10 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Default USGC U613 Galaxy Group -- Back to Obscure Objects

This is a repost since the site lost the original. I've asked many times why they do this but never even had the courtesy of an answer so I stopped asking. Rather than send me angry emails please send them to the site.
___________________

This is an image of the 4 galaxy group USGC U613, also known as UZC-CG 213. It consists of IC 999, IC 1000, PGC 051190 and PGC 051238 but not PGC 051208. Since PGC 051208 is in a line with the two IC galaxies I assumed it was a member. But while it is at the same redshift distance it didn't make either group. Apparently, at magnitude 16.0, it was too faint. The 4 members are magnitude 14.86, 14.67, 15.5 and 15.1 respectively according to NED.

The group and other members of the same local group are about 260 to 270 million light-years distant by redshift. They are located in Bootes, just 1.6 degrees southeast of Arcturus. The annotated image lists all galaxies and quasars NED had redshift data on. Also included is an object noted as RCQ for Rejected Candidate Quasar. Though in another place NED shows it as an actual quasar. Also, the redshift apparently is by spectroscopic means as NED usually notes when other methods are used. Since that puts it nearly 12 billion light-years distant, if right what else could I detect at that distance? Also, I picked up one asteroid listed by NED as being a calculated 19.7 magnitude. That appears to agree with my data though I'd put it a couple tenths of a magnitude brighter.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IC1000L4X10RGB2X10.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	6648  Click image for larger version

Name:	IC1000L4X10RGB2X10ID.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	6649  Click image for larger version

Name:	IC1000L4X10RGB2X10CROP125.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	6650