The leap day

Old October 8th 10, 09:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The leap day

On Oct 8, 8:46*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
"Chris.B" wrote in message

On Oct 7, 3:16 am, "Androcles" wrote:

Chris B. fancies himself as a jester, which is fine as far as it goes,
but he can't take it when he is the butt of the jest. If he can't take the
heat he should stay out of the kitchen, and that goes for all contributors
to usenet.

Your threats are yet another symptom of your insecurity. It seems I
hit one raw nerve too many. My last post was rejected as abuse.
Probably by an evil troll. What perfect irony! The trolls and their
obsequious fanboys are now officially in charge of the empty, echoing
asylum. Awash to its corroded gores in stinking spam. No more troll
slaying for me! I'll leave you to your fates.

C de B.

Hi-ho, Rocinante, away!

*];^{#

s.a.a. *R.I.P. sniff

--
"Let there be given a stationary rigid rod; and let its length be L as
measured by a measuring-rod which is also stationary. We now imagine the

AND THE ANSWER IS...

xi = (x-vt)/sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2) -- Einstein.

In agreement with experience we further assume the deranged babbling
incompetent cretin couldn't answer his own inquiry, he was too stupid to
realise xi is greater than L when he wrote *'for v=c all moving
objects--viewed from the "stationary'' system--shrivel up into plane
figures', whereas the equation shows they stretch to infinity...
sqrt(1-c^2/c^2) = 0.

Btw Parker,when you post in the other forum that the near side of the
moon moves in its orbit around the Earth at a slightly slower speed
than the unobserved far side,for indeed it does,don't make a mess of
the interpreting the orbital components of the moon in context of the
Earth's observations.In any case,jettisoning the idea of intrinsic
lunar rotation is a step in the right direction as it does allow you
to speculate on the orbital motion of the moon around the Earth and
not get tied up in mind-numbing concepts which try to impose
latitudinal speeds which are only observed on planets such as the
Earth with intrinsic rotation.

Old October 9th 10, 12:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 8, 1:55*pm, oriel36 wrote:
I am absolutely certain if reader thought through the
relationships,even from the standpoint of the leap day correction,they
would not be hostile to what our ancestors achieved and if this looks
like an appeal,it most certainly is.

We're not hostile to those achievements of our ancestors. What annoys
us is _your_ hostility to the additional achievements by Newton on the
foundation of their achievements. His achievements did much to make
the technological advances, including modern imaging, of our present
day possible.

John Savard
Old October 10th 10, 11:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Oct 6, 3:24*am, palsing wrote:
On Oct 5, 1:40*pm, oriel36 wrote:

A sane person,at least one who can count,never experiences any more
than 365 full rotations over a full orbital circuit...

No, that's not quite right... it should read like this; "A sane
person, at least one who can count, never experiences any more than
365 full daylight/darkness cycles over a full orbital circuit..."

There is a difference between a daylight/darkness cycle and a
rotation... but you already know that, don't you? So, why do you
pretend to be as stupid as a block wall?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
limits."
- Albert Einstein

\Paul A

You like quotes,try this one -

"The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking the
day off. Why should I?"
— Bob Marley

Old October 11th 10, 03:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 10, 4:01*pm, oriel36 wrote:

You like quotes,try this one -

"The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking the
day off. Why should I?"
— Bob Marley

And, yes, you are _trying_ to make the world better. You hope that you
can make it possible once again for humanity to look at the sky with
innocent eyes, filled with awe and wonder... instead of looking at the
heavens with cold pragmatism... explaining the movements of the Moon
and planets as though they were cannonballs, dealing death, or the
glow of the stars by rules that apply also to nuclear reactors and H-
bombs.

You may not believe this, but astronomers are still humbled by the
majesty of the heavens. Some kinds of innocence, good though they may
be in their proper place and time, cannot and should not be
recaptured.

You may think that our knowledge is unsound, but it is not; to
dethrone Newton, what you would have to accomplish is to replace
knowledge by ignorance, _not_ to correct mistakes that only exist in
your imagination.

Here, then, is a quote for you, which explains why we can't go back:

Cum essem parvulus, loquebar ut parvulus, sapiebam ut parvulus,
cogitabam ut parvulus. Quando autem factus sum vir, evacuavi quae
erant parvuli.
- I Ad Corinthios 13:11

For those who aren't able to throw around quotes from Copernicus in
the original Latin with your facility, in English this is:

As I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I
thought as a child. But when I became a man myself, I left that which
was childish.
- I Corinthians 13:11

.... a literal translation of Jerome's Latin.

John Savard
Old October 11th 10, 03:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 11, 8:46*am, Quadibloc wrote:

As I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I
thought as a child. But when I became a man myself, I left that which
was childish.
- I Corinthians 13:11

This is what I get for getting confused by the modern English cognate
of "evacuate" instead of looking carefully at the roots. Instead, that
should have been:

As I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I
thought as a child. But when I became a man myself, I emptied out that
which was childish.
- I Corinthians 13:11

John Savard
Old October 11th 10, 05:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Oct 10, 3:01*pm, oriel36 wrote:
On Oct 6, 3:24*am, palsing wrote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
limits."
- Albert Einstein

\Paul A

You like quotes,try this one -

"The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking the
day off. Why should I?"
— Bob Marley

He also said;

"tell me what you think it means."
— Bob Marley

.... which you haven't ever been able to do... and

"The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall."
- Bob Marley

.... which you undoubtedly could never understand.

\Paul A
Old October 11th 10, 06:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Oct 6, 3:24*am, palsing wrote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its
limits."
- Albert Einstein

\Paul A

You like quotes,try this one -

"The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking the
day off. Why should I?"
— Bob Marley

He also said;

"tell me what you think it means."
— Bob Marley

... which you haven't ever been able to do... and

"The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall."
- Bob Marley

... which you undoubtedly could never understand.

\Paul A

I tried out the explanation for how the extra leap day
rotation ,insofar as rotation is responsible for that daylight/
darkness cycle,accounts for the incremental 6 hour drift from year on
year through Mar 1st so that Feb 29th intervenes for that last 6 hours
and instead of ending Mar 2nd,which would happen if the leap day was
not implemented,the extra rotation restores the correspondence between
an orbital cycle and 365 1/4 rotations.

So what are you all going to do from now on,hope nobody will notice
that you believe in 366 1/4 rotations in an orbital cycle which makes
it impossible to explain a leap day rotation,are you all going to
glory that you have defeated even arithmetic so you can have your
geomagnetic warnings,no center/no circumference ideologies and delight
in managing to bury the works of so many astronomers on account of a
stupid mistake.

Marley was right and so is everyone else who does not stand by and
watch bad people, who live off pretense, dominate and destroy
everything that is good.What satisfaction have you now that you
discovered that you follow a system built on an alternative reasoning
which does not acknowledge the Earth turns once in 24 hours,turns 365
1/4 times each year with the leap day binding the relationship into an
enjoyable cognitive exercise.You have to be a complete monster of a
human being to ignore something as lovely as the stable system we
inherited from antiquity but then again ,look what you did to the
works of Copernicus,Kepler and Galileo.

" ...although they have extracted from them the apparent motions, with
numerical agreement, nevertheless . . . . They are just like someone
including in a picture hands, feet, head, and other limbs from
different places, well painted indeed, but not modeled from the same
body, and not in the least matching each other, so that a monster
would be produced from them rather than a man. Thus in the process of
their demonstrations, which they call their system, they are found
either to have missed out something essential, or to have brought in
something inappropriate and wholly irrelevant, which would not have
happened to them if they had followed proper principles." Copernicus,
De Revolutionibus

I can't even imagine what it takes to destroy something like the leap
day explanation ,not even for a single day,but you dare to call
yourselves decent human being let alone astronomers or do you all want
medals for ignoring the most basic of all astronomical and planetary
facts,the correspondence between daily rotation and the daylight
darkness cycle ?.I can't even begin to tell you how catastrophic this
is for our race and for no good reason.

Old October 11th 10, 07:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 11, 11:43*am, oriel36 wrote:

Marley was right and so is everyone else who does not stand by and
watch bad people, who live off pretense, dominate and destroy
everything that is good.

I suppose you could have gone to the opposite end of the political
spectrum from Bob Marley for another applicable quote:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing. - Edmund Burke

But doing the wrong thing can be just as bad.

John Savard
Old October 11th 10, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 11, 8:03*pm, Quadibloc wrote:
On Oct 11, 11:43*am, oK Troll scribbled childishly:

Marley was right and so is everyone else who does not stand by and
watch bad people, who live off pretense, dominate and destroy
everything that is good.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing. - Edmund Burke

But doing the wrong thing can be just as bad.

John Savard

Good man! Now you've got him on the back foot... take away his
crayons!
Old August 21st 15, 09:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 9:26:41 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Oct 5, 11:43*am, oriel36 wrote:
It is hard to imagine why people in this era of great technological
advancement would choose to betray the intricate structure we inherit
from the great astronomers in antiquity who fixed the 24 hour day and
later that value to *daily rotation through 360 degrees,who took these
daily cycles and rotations and determined 365 1/4 rotations for an
annual/orbital circuit and then to craft the structure of a leap day
in order to maintain a steady progression of 24 hour days into a
steady progression of years using these days.Who would marvel at the
6 hour orbital drift through Mar 1st from year to year with the 1461
st rotation of Feb 29th that brings the rotations back in sync
corresponding to 4 cycles of 365 1/4 rotations.

That's fine, but only WITH RESPECT TO THE SUN, no problem.

You literally have to be a monster to reject this system...

And, you would have to be a complete Idiot to reject the easily
measureable sidereal day.

The worst part of not finding a suitable audience , at least one capable of initiating a proper inquiry, is that it robs the spirit of discovery which proposed the orbital drift using full rotations of equable 24 hour days and full rotations and then adding the extra rotation of February 29th to make up the 6 hours of orbital distance omitted the previous 3 cycles.

I get to see that work I know as coming from a love of God defaced as the first time it has made it into wider circulation from people who insist that there are 366 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit or 1465 rotations in 1461 days via the 'solar vs sidereal' fiction.

The life of a Christian is making a connection to the greater encompassing Life hence death and what comes after loses its 'sting' and this is why naturally joyous people would not attribute to themselves what I wouldn't even though I may have been the first to show how timekeeping meshes closely to the great cycles of the Earth. In all human endeavor of a creative nature, whether art,music or whatever there is nothing comparable to what happens with astronomy and terrestrial sciences in diminishing human achievement as opposed to celebrating it.

Nothing stings worse than the destruction of innocence.