Remote Astronomy

Old June 29th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
John Evans

Default Remote Astronomy

Anyone know of any good websites that describe setting up your own
remote observatory. I'm disable and can't take my scope out without
help. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Old June 29th 07, 07:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
Matthew Ota[_1_]

On Jun 28, 9:16 pm, Bob Officer wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:36:16 -0700, in alt.astronomy, John Evans

wrote:
Anyone know of any good websites that describe setting up your own
remote observatory. I'm disable and can't take my scope out without
help. Any suggestions is appreciated.

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/it110007.htm

http://www.remote-astronomical-socie...%20Files/Intro...

http://www.rogergroom.com/rogergroom...tem=29&ParentN...

http://www.phys-astro.sonoma.edu/obs.../the_list.html

I would also suggest contacting astronomer Phil Platt, "The Bad
Astronomy" guy, he has a blog and lots of contacts. you can contact
hi via his blog.

Phil may have connections to the last URL listed above.

I have added sci.astro.amateur to the news group line, most serious
astro observing types hang out there...

You also might look to see if there is a local astronomy club you
might locate some helping hands.

--
Ak'toh'di

Software Bisque
Makers of Paramount ME robotic mount, Tpoint TheSky CCDSoft, Remote
Astronomy software IAClient
www.bisque.com

Matthew Ota

Old June 30th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
John Evans

Thank you! Those are great sites.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

this are good sites for astronmy thanks

Old July 3rd 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur
William J. Shaheen

wrote:
[...]

I have had success using a free version of VNC (Virtual Networking
Computing), available from http://www.tightvnc.com/

You load it on your host computer. You may have to make router
changes to authorize access to specific ports on your host but there
is documention available to do this. Then, from any PC on the net,
you can access your host.

Many support groups use this as it allows complete control of the
remote PC.

Bill Shaheen
Gold Canyon, AZ
USA

Remote Control ? adm UK Astronomy 12 June 1st 06 05:11 PM
remote capture draper1070 Amateur Astronomy 1 January 9th 06 11:43 AM
Remote Observatry Peter Domachuk Misc 15 May 17th 05 11:36 PM
ETX Remote Question Sox-n-Eagles Fan Misc 1 January 22nd 05 09:02 PM
Remote focusser Jo UK Astronomy 20 August 2nd 04 11:52 PM