NASA PDF Mercury, Gemini, Apollo reports free online

Old September 16th 04, 04:15 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Bruce Palmer" wrote in message
t...

I bet Siddiqi didn't even realize he was offering a dedication to Haller
on page 6...

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
- Rabindranath Tagore

No, but if you stand on the Gulf coastline in the next 24 hours, the sea may
cross you.

Who in there rite mind first decided to get in a boat thousands of years
ago? That would of been too dangerous!

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003

Old September 16th 04, 04:52 AM
Bruce Palmer

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
"Bruce Palmer" wrote in message
t...

I bet Siddiqi didn't even realize he was offering a dedication to Haller
on page 6...

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
- Rabindranath Tagore

No, but if you stand on the Gulf coastline in the next 24 hours, the sea may
cross you.

Hell, it looks like that _now_ judging from this mole character on CNN.

Old September 16th 04, 05:15 AM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:03:27 GMT, "Peter Smith"
wrote:

Harald Kucharek wrote...
canned in a rotten state...like Germany !"

Hey! I always thought that Denmark is the rotten state!

that's just a tale full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You forgot to mention that the tale is told by an idiot, though.

Mary

Old September 16th 04, 05:18 AM
Hugh McGuinness

wrote:

Harald Kucharek wrote...

canned in a rotten state...like Germany !"

Hey! I always thought that Denmark is the rotten state!

that's just a tale full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You forgot to mention that the tale is told by an idiot, though.

Mary

Sorry, that's insignificant :-)

--
Hugh - to reply, don't c me
Old September 16th 04, 06:47 AM
Hagbard Celine

Looks like I have a reason to build xpdf )

Hagbard

Rusty Barton wrote:
I found these Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Skylab PDF reports on the
NASA Technical Reports Server.

--
Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do
freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

George Carlin

FnordNet - http://www.fnordnet.net

Old September 16th 04, 08:51 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Hey, where's the ASTP books, Rusty? You're not helping me here, pal
:-(

Yeah, the mods to the Apollo and Soyuz would be a very interesting read;
the ASTP Soyuz solar panels are related to those used on the Zond (LK-1)
lunar-loop variant.

Pat

Old September 16th 04, 04:37 PM
Jeff Findley

"Rusty B" wrote in message
om...
People are going to start asking,

"Why the sudden CD-R shortage? The RIAA will be upset, thinking of all
the pirate MP3's going on to the recently purchased CD-R's". ;-)

RIAA IT'S NASA'S FAULT!!!!

snip

How many CD's will this take!?!

Seriously though, keep up the good work. I've had a great deal of fun
looking at some of these. Lots of info there that you can't otherwise find
on the web, and is really hard to find in print as well.

I noticed our very own "Mary F. Shafer" on several of these.

Jeff

Old September 16th 04, 08:34 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

How many CD's will this take!?!

Forget the CD-R's. I went out yesterday and invested $60 in DVD-R's! Thank
God I bought and installed that Memorex DVD+-R/DVD+-RW/CD-R/CD-RW drive.

Seriously though, keep up the good work. I've had a great deal of fun
looking at some of these. Lots of info there that you can't otherwise find
on the web, and is really hard to find in print as well.

God, I am overwhelmed... no, awash... no, drowning in an ocean of data!!
And I'm loving every second of it! I've spent several hours each night in
what I call "grab mode", i.e., grab it now, look at it later.

Mr. Barton, seriously, you are a saint... One posting by you compensates for
a _YEAR_ of JTM postings.

Old September 16th 04, 09:21 PM
Rusty B

The NASA accident report files:

Report of Apollo 204 review board
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066930.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board to the administrator. Appendix A:
Board minutes
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066928.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix B: Witness Statements and
Releases
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066927.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix C section 1 - Apollo
Operations Handbook
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066925.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix C, section 2 - Apollo
Operations Handbook
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066936.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D. Panels 1 thru 4
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066931.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D panel 5
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066926.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D. Panels 6 thru 10
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066932.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D, panel 11
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066929.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D. Panels 12 thru 17
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066933.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D. Panels 18
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066923.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix D. Panels 19 thru 21
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066934.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix E: Management and
Organization
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066935.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board. Appendix F: Schedule of physical
evidence
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982066537.pdf

Report of Apollo 204 review board, appendix G, part 1 - Errata Sheets
(part 2 not found in search of NASA Technical Database)
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1982067189.pdf

An Accident in History: Challenger in Perspective
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...2003101322.pdf

Recovering from Challenger - Jan 1, 1990
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1994005234.pdf

Recovering from Challenger - Sept 12, 1990
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1994005246.pdf

Post-Challenger evaluation of space shuttle risk assessment and
management
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1988010818.pdf

Implementation of the recommendations of the Presidential Commission
on the Space Shuttle

Challenger Accident
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1993010801.pdf

Material Modeling of Space Shuttle Leading Edge and External Tank
Materials for use in the Columbia Accident Investigation
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltr...8lsdyna-kc.pdf

The Use of LS-DYNA in the Columbia Accident Investigation and Return
to Flight Activities
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltr...8lsdyna-jg.pdf

A Summary of the Space Shuttle Columbia Tragedy and the Use of LS Dyna
in the Accident Investigation and Return to Flight Efforts
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltr...8lsdyna-mm.pdf

Computational Aerodynamics of Shuttle Orbiter Damage Scenarios in
Support of the Columbia Accident Investigation
http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltr...-2004-2279.pdf

Review of Issues Associated with Safe Operation and Management of the
Space Shuttle Program
1996
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1997011295.pdf

Space Shuttle Orbiter corrosion history, 1981-1993
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1995125762.pdf

Report of the Space Shuttle Management Independent Review Team 1995
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1995118046.pdf

- Rusty Barton
Old September 18th 04, 07:26 PM
Hans-Joachim Widmaier

Am Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:43:40 -0500 schrieb Pat Flannery:

Now if I could just get the person scanning the books and reports at
NASA to align the things straight on the scanner, rather than having
them be alternately five degrees to one side or the other.

I don't care much about a few degrees tilt. But I'm very sad that
photographs are mostly black blotches due to the b&w scanning, and
the fine details in diagrams and drawings are often missing.

Still, it'll take days to just mop up my drooling.

Absolutely excellent stuff.

Thanks Mr. Barton!

The apollo faq the inquirer Misc 4 April 15th 04 04:45 AM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ v4 Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 1 November 4th 03 11:52 PM