What if (On Sirius)

Old November 27th 10, 02:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

Default What if (On Sirius)

What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? I think so. Why is it called
the "Dog Star? TreBert
Old November 27th 10, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 27, 6:37*am, bert wrote:
What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

White is the all-inclusive color of most anything that's surrounded by
absolute black, such as stars being surrounded by nothing we can see
with the naked eye.

However, Sirius(A) is actually offering a bluish-white color/hue
because it's burning at such greater temperature. Sirius(B) was
originally worth at least 8.5 up to 9.5 Ms, and when combined along
with those extremely bluish-white photons from the 3+ Ms of that
original Sirius(A) should have been an extremely vibrant source of UV,
X-rays and gamma for us, while Sirius(B) was originally downright
extreme by likely many times as bright as our moonlight, except nearly
all UV and higher spectrum that we humans can’t see, but diatoms can
directly benefit from such extreme spectrums of light.

The many names for Sirius, including "Dog star", is just from the
history of what others named such things, usually having something to
do with one of their many gods or something else they admired or
thought represented as a depiction. A basic internet search covers
everything anyone really needs to know about such names.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius

There could also have once been a Sirius(C), and Sirius(B) lost all
of its planets.

~ BG

Old November 27th 10, 06:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_4_]

"bert" wrote in message
What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? I think so. Why is it called
the "Dog Star? TreBert

It's called the "Dog Star" because it reminds people of Hillary Clinton.

Old November 28th 10, 04:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:
What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

Sirius is only 8.6 light years away?
We ought to go there and find out these things for ourselves.
Only take about a month with modern technology.
As soon as the scientists are ready and brave enough to learn facts
instead of theory.
Old November 28th 10, 05:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 27, 8:18*pm, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:

What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

Sirius is only *8.6 light years away?
We ought to go there and find out these things for ourselves.
Only take about a month with modern technology.
As soon as the scientists are ready and brave enough to learn facts
instead of theory.

More likely it'll take 17 years with a probe velocity of 0.5 c.

~ BG
Old November 28th 10, 06:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:

What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

Sirius is only *8.6 light years away?
We ought to go there and find out these things for ourselves.
Only take about a month with modern technology.
As soon as the scientists are ready and brave enough to learn facts
instead of theory.

More likely it'll take 17 years with a probe velocity of 0.5 c.

*~ BG

c is only theory. No one knows,
Old November 28th 10, 06:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:

What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1..7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

Sirius is only *8.6 light years away?
We ought to go there and find out these things for ourselves.
Only take about a month with modern technology.
As soon as the scientists are ready and brave enough to learn facts
instead of theory.

More likely it'll take 17 years with a probe velocity of 0.5 c.

*~ BG

c is only theory. *No one knows,

0.5 c is sufficiently lethal radiation from every particle the ships
runs into.

Humans are not rad-hard.

~ BG
Old November 28th 10, 06:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:

What if Sirius is so bright because its a double star. Next reason its
only 8.6 LY away. Next reason its color is white. Next reason its 1.7
time bigger than the Sun. This question just came to mind. Do all main
sequence stars shine with color white? *I think so. *Why is it called
the "Dog Star? * *TreBert

Sirius is only *8.6 light years away?
We ought to go there and find out these things for ourselves.
Only take about a month with modern technology.
As soon as the scientists are ready and brave enough to learn facts
instead of theory.

More likely it'll take 17 years with a probe velocity of 0.5 c.

*~ BG

c is only theory. *No one knows,

0.5 c is sufficiently lethal radiation from every particle the ships
runs into.

Humans are not rad-hard.

*~ BG- Hide quoted text -

c is nothing but thoughts about light.
We can easily side step that one.
Look at how fast our line of sight travels
to those stars.

Old November 28th 10, 06:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 27, 8:37*am, bert wrote:

[...]

Considering the all-inclusive directions that photons of the entire
spectrum must travel away from their origin, and the trillions of
atoms aligned directly in their path, whereas it seems amazing that we
get to see hardly anything of whatever's actually out there.

There should easily be 1e184 photons existing by now, plus at least
another 3.154e94 more created per year. Meanwhile, we have to make do
with fewer and fewer atoms. Interesting how many quantum 2D string
like photons there are, and I do believe I'm being conservative.

~ BG

Sirius B [email protected] Astronomy Misc 19 July 17th 08 04:32 AM
Why is Sirius B hotter than Sirius A? me Astronomy Misc 7 April 18th 05 02:46 AM
sirius K Chadwick Misc 8 January 6th 05 08:29 PM
Sirius - C Bernard Isker Amateur Astronomy 2 February 15th 04 12:33 AM
Sirius-B starman Amateur Astronomy 18 February 14th 04 09:13 PM