SpaceShipTwo "on time and on budget"

Old July 17th 06, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Joe Strout

Default SpaceShipTwo "on time and on budget"

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1040912006

"Everything is progressing on time and on budget. I think
we will be pulling it out of the hanger next summer,"
Whitehorn told reporters.

This is good to hear. We all know how tight-lipped Rutan is about such
things, so this is probably about as much information as we're going to
get about the progress of the SS2 project.

The article also states that Virgin has sold 150 tickets, and collected
$15.6M in deposits, and plans to start commercial operations in 2008.

Best,
- Joe
Old July 18th 06, 01:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Joe Strout" wrote in message
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1040912006

"Everything is progressing on time and on budget. I think
we will be pulling it out of the hanger next summer,"
Whitehorn told reporters.

This is good to hear. We all know how tight-lipped Rutan is about such
things, so this is probably about as much information as we're going to
get about the progress of the SS2 project.

The article also states that Virgin has sold 150 tickets, and collected
$15.6M in deposits, and plans to start commercial operations in 2008.

Good to hear. Hopefully he'll make money from these first vehicles. If
not, it will certainly be a learning experience and the lessons learned
applied to SS3.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old July 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Joe Strout

In article ,
"Jeff Findley" wrote:

The article also states that Virgin has sold 150 tickets, and collected
$15.6M in deposits, and plans to start commercial operations in 2008.

Good to hear. Hopefully he'll make money from these first vehicles. If
not, it will certainly be a learning experience and the lessons learned
applied to SS3.

If he doesn't make money from the SS2's, I fear there won't be an SS3.
But I find that scenario unlikely -- they're bringing in about $1M/month
now, and expect that to pick up when flights are actually available.
That seems like a reasonable expectation to me.

Best,
- Joe
Old July 18th 06, 03:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
richard schumacher

The key question now is, what premium will they charge to get a seat on
the flight with Victoria Principal?
Old July 22nd 06, 07:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Joseph S. Powell, III

"richard schumacher" wrote in message

The key question now is, what premium will they charge to get a seat on
the flight with Victoria Principal?

Isn't she, like, in her sixties now or something?

Old July 24th 06, 06:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy
tomcat

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Joe Strout" wrote in message
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1040912006

"Everything is progressing on time and on budget. I think
we will be pulling it out of the hanger next summer,"
Whitehorn told reporters.

This is good to hear. We all know how tight-lipped Rutan is about such
things, so this is probably about as much information as we're going to
get about the progress of the SS2 project.

The article also states that Virgin has sold 150 tickets, and collected
$15.6M in deposits, and plans to start commercial operations in 2008.

Good to hear. Hopefully he'll make money from these first vehicles. If
not, it will certainly be a learning experience and the lessons learned
applied to SS3.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Burt Rutan and Sir Richard Branson are making a landmark attempt at
conquering near Space. I certainly hope they make money with SpaceShip
2. My hat is off to them.

tomcat