how long does the sunspots stay?

Old July 26th 04, 01:23 PM
md

Default how long does the sunspots stay?

"Passero" wrote in message ...
These days there are some big sunspots at the sun but how long do they stay?
Can it be calculated or messured when they will leave or is it something we
don't know?

I am not sure about predicting the lifecycle of a particular spot, but I believe that sunspots
can exist several months. The sun is rotating around her axis every 30 days or so, so any spot
is visible for 15 days, then not visible for 15 days, etc. In a few days, the big sunspot will
dissappear from our view, as the sun rotates, perhaps it will re-appear second half of august.

Note that using seismic techniques, it is possible to get information from the other side of
the sun, check out www.spaceweather.com as these images will show how 652 is developing while
being on the other side of the sun.

--
md

Old July 26th 04, 08:12 PM
Wfoley2

"how long does the sunspots stay?"
How do he DO dat grammar?
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old July 27th 04, 12:22 AM
Passero

"Wfoley2" schreef in bericht
"how long does the sunspots stay?"
How do he DO dat grammar?

Sorry but i'm not english or american. English isn't my motherlanguage so
sorry if i make mistakes. Nobody's perfect, right?

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old July 27th 04, 12:56 AM
md

"Passero" wrote in message ...

"Wfoley2" schreef in bericht
"how long does the sunspots stay?"
How do he DO dat grammar?

Sorry but i'm not english or american. English isn't my motherlanguage so
sorry if i make mistakes. Nobody's perfect, right?

no need to apologise, everyone in this group understood you perfectly.
I advise you to simply ignore those monoglots.
--
md

Old July 27th 04, 02:09 AM
Wfoley2

Sorry but i'm not english or american. English isn't my motherlanguage so
sorry if i make mistakes. Nobody's perfect, right?

sure looks American to me!! But I do apologize to a Belgian for
atttacking use of a foreign language.
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old July 27th 04, 02:10 AM
Wfoley2

I advise you to simply ignore those monoglots.

Monoglot?? I'll have you know that I am a cunning linguist....
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)