Heading to the cape to watch the launch.. any suggestions on placesto watch?

Old March 10th 08, 06:48 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian

Default Heading to the cape to watch the launch.. any suggestions on placesto watch?

I live in Orlando, so I'll just drive home afterwards, but I wanted to
take the opportunity while I had it to watch a nighttime shuttle
launch...

Any suggestions on quiet places to catch a great view? The closer the
better. =)

Thanks!
Old March 10th 08, 06:55 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian

And I mean "quiet" as in... not a lot of people.
The louder the better as far as the launch goes. =)
Old March 10th 08, 09:39 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Damon Hill[_4_]

Brian wrote in
:

I live in Orlando, so I'll just drive home afterwards, but I wanted to
take the opportunity while I had it to watch a nighttime shuttle
launch...

Any suggestions on quiet places to catch a great view? The closer the
better. =)

Since it's going to be on a high-inclination track, I found a few years
back when visiting my sister in Mims, FL that a fishing camp on the
Indian River had a good spot only the locals know about. Go straight
east from Mims out to the LOX plant, turn north (Hammond Road) and cross
the RR (Jones Road) and you'll be right there. (about 14 miles to the
launch pad) It's a dark site and worked especially well for during a
night launch back in late 2000 when I was able to be down there.
Otherwise I think the 406 causeway at Titusville is a pretty good spot
(about 11 miles). I'm told the Haulover Canal Road is a good spot too,
but I'm not certain of the restrictions and how close you can get on
that road.

That's almost certainly the last Shuttle launch I'll ever be able to
see in person.

--Damon
Old March 10th 08, 12:50 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
bob haller safety advocate

On Mar 10, 4:39�am, Damon Hill wrote:
Brian wrote :

[...]

do they still have a viewing area at KSC? After 8 tries the closet i
ever got was putting one fopot on the bus

sorry launch scrubbed......

If I go it guarantees delays