Von Braun rockets on Encyclopedia Astronautica

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 8th 03, 10:49 AM
Al Jackson

Default Von Braun rockets on Encyclopedia Astronautica

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
If this was posted before, forgive me, but I just spotted it. Mark Wade
has put up a new section devoted to Wernher von Braun's rocket designs
of the 1950's, such as appeared in the Colliers articles and Disney
programs; and will appear any-year-now in David Sander's "Man Conquers
Space" movie: http://www.astronautix.com/lvfam/vonbraun.htm

Pat

Nice page.
I might note that starting last year till March of 2004 is the 50th
anniversary
of the von Braun et. al. series of issues of Colliers on space flight.
I made a little tribute he

http://www.flash.net/~aajiv/bd/uss1.html

One thing I wish would be done, is that all the Colliers articles be
collected with the two Viking Press books from that era and be
published together in one book. Much of the material and artwork only
appears in the Colliers magazines and was never published anywhere
else.