My Darkest Night

Old September 25th 03, 03:55 PM
Starlord

Default My Darkest Night

I didn't even own a telescope back in the winter of 68/69, but I was able to use
some Bino's and as long as the guard capt. didn't catch me looking up instead of
out I could at lest scan the ultra dark sky overhead and sitting up on a dead
volcano top I wasn't worried about anything sneaking up on me from the plains
below.

I was in the Central Highlands of Vietnam just about 3 clicks from the 4th Inf.
main base.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

---

Old September 25th 03, 04:23 PM
Jan Owen

"Starlord" wrote in message
I didn't even own a telescope back in the winter of 68/69, but I was

able to use
some Bino's and as long as the guard capt. didn't catch me looking up

instead of
out I could at lest scan the ultra dark sky overhead and sitting up on a

dead
volcano top I wasn't worried about anything sneaking up on me from the

plains
below.

I was in the Central Highlands of Vietnam just about 3 clicks from the

4th Inf.
main base.

Yep! Skies were nice and dark (when there weren't parachute flares
drifting down) around Chu Lai, the year before, too...

Old September 25th 03, 04:50 PM
Richard DeLuca

In article GMDcb.12947$vj2.5770@fed1read06,
"Jan Owen" wrote:

"Starlord" wrote in message
I didn't even own a telescope back in the winter of 68/69, but I was

able to use
some Bino's and as long as the guard capt. didn't catch me looking up

instead of
out I could at lest scan the ultra dark sky overhead and sitting up on a

dead
volcano top I wasn't worried about anything sneaking up on me from the

plains
below.

I was in the Central Highlands of Vietnam just about 3 clicks from the

4th Inf.
main base.

Yep! Skies were nice and dark (when there weren't parachute flares
drifting down) around Chu Lai, the year before, too...

The freedoms we enjoy were secured with the blood of patriots. You
might not have felt like patriots at the time, but you were. Thank you
both.

Starry Skies,
Rich
Old September 27th 03, 03:38 PM
PSmith9626

Dear richard,
They felt like.....astronomers.
best
Penny

The freedoms we enjoy were secured with the blood of patriots. You
might not have felt like patriots at the time, but you were.

Heil Puchini!
Old September 27th 03, 11:11 PM
Jan Owen

You know how we felt?

--
To reply, remove the "z" if one appears in my address
"PSmith9626" wrote in message
Dear richard,
They felt like.....astronomers.
best