Favorite Observing Chair

Old September 21st 05, 01:02 PM
Don Fritz

Default Favorite Observing Chair

My favorite is the observing chair from buyastrostuff.com. It is strong
steel rated for 300 pounds but not as heavy to carry as the Starbound or
Stardust. The adjustment mechanism is quick and snaps locks into place for
safety. All of this for $95. This one gets my vote over the Starbound,
Stardust , Apogee and Starmaster all of which I have owned. Frank Dilatush
at buyastrostuff is a friendly guy and shipped mine the same day as when
ordered. I have no connection with this company.

Don

Old September 21st 05, 01:31 PM
RMOLLISE

Don Fritz wrote:
My favorite is the observing chair from buyastrostuff.com. It is strong
steel rated for 300 pounds but not as heavy to carry as the Starbound or
Stardust. The adjustment mechanism is quick and snaps locks into place for
safety. All of this for $95. This one gets my vote over the Starbound,
Stardust , Apogee and Starmaster all of which I have owned. Frank Dilatush
at buyastrostuff is a friendly guy and shipped mine the same day as when
ordered. I have no connection with this company.

Don

Hi:

This is the one I use, too. Works great, great price...it's all I need.

Peace,
Rod Mollise

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Join the SCT User Mailing List.

See my home page at
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm
for further info

For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog See:
http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/

Old September 21st 05, 02:21 PM
Mark S. Holden

Don Fritz wrote:
My favorite is the observing chair from buyastrostuff.com. It is strong
steel rated for 300 pounds but not as heavy to carry as the Starbound or
Stardust. The adjustment mechanism is quick and snaps locks into place for
safety. All of this for $95. This one gets my vote over the Starbound,
Stardust , Apogee and Starmaster all of which I have owned. Frank Dilatush
at buyastrostuff is a friendly guy and shipped mine the same day as when
ordered. I have no connection with this company.

Don

I picked up a drum throne with a gas lift for about the same price.
Compact for travel, and easy to adjust to "just the right" height.
Old September 21st 05, 02:48 PM

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:02:39 GMT, "Don Fritz"
wrote:

My favorite is the observing chair from buyastrostuff.com. It is strong
steel rated for 300 pounds but not as heavy to carry as the Starbound or
Stardust. The adjustment mechanism is quick and snaps locks into place for
safety. All of this for $95. This one gets my vote over the Starbound,
Stardust , Apogee and Starmaster all of which I have owned. Frank Dilatush
at buyastrostuff is a friendly guy and shipped mine the same day as when
ordered. I have no connection with this company.

Don

Another vote for the chair from buyastrostuff.com

I've had mine for going on a year and it's been a great addition to my
viewing sessions as well as other uses.

As Don mentioned above, Frank is indeed a pleasure to deal with.

Blues

Live Free Or Die

Old September 21st 05, 05:05 PM
Davoud

Don Fritz:
My favorite is the observing chair from buyastrostuff.com...

Nice, but too large for my tiny zerbatory
http://www.davidillig.com/observatory14.shtml. I use the TeleVue
Air-Chair http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=115. It is stable
even with the tripod legs less than fully extended.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old September 21st 05, 06:52 PM
Marty

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...1-picture.jpeg
Marty

Old September 21st 05, 07:39 PM
Howard Lester

"Marty" wrote

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...1-picture.jpeg
Marty

"I ain't tawkin', and you can't make me!"

Old September 21st 05, 08:33 PM
Esmail Bonakdarian

Davoud wrote:
I use the TeleVue
Air-Chair http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=115. It is stable
even with the tripod legs less than fully extended.

How much does it cost? I checked the URL, couldn't find a price.
Product list/pics link there didn't help either.

Makes me think it must be pretty expensive ... yes? no?
Old September 21st 05, 08:36 PM
Esmail Bonakdarian

Marty wrote:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...1-picture.jpeg
Marty

I like it!!

I have been using a milk crate for several years -- also handy
for carrying some of my gear outside. If it starts to sag a bit,
just flip it around.

Unfortunately, now after nearly 5 years the crate just started
to crack last time I was out.

It's probably not very comfortable for most, but I've ridden road
bikes for so long, I can stand non-cushiness well :-)