ASTRO: NGC 3938 From Colorado Springs

Old March 14th 07, 06:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: NGC 3938 From Colorado Springs

The second image of the night had FWHM at 3.0"

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3938.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc3938_gs_66.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	528
Old March 14th 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Doug W. wrote:
The second image of the night had FWHM at 3.0"

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3938.htm

Pretty. Looks like that one has a tight ring around the nucleus then
the arms start from nowhere out beyond it. Otherwise it looks like a
pretty normal face on spiral.
Rick

Old March 14th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Doug W. wrote:

The second image of the night had FWHM at 3.0"

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3938.htm

Another interesting one. I like that inner dust band. At first I
though it on the far side but in the full size image it obviously goes
in front of the nucleus. Neat.

How do you keep satellites out of your long sub exposures? Seems half
my attempts at 30 minutes have a satellite trail. I must attract those
guys.

Rick

Old March 14th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Doug, thanks for imaging this one, great shot. NGC 3938 is probably my
favourite galaxy.

Stefan

. ..

Old March 14th 07, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Thanks Rick... I like the 30 min. subs because I don't need so many
sub-exposures to process and there are a lot less readouts for the total
image time.

I think that dust lane is in towards the core too.

Satellite and aircraft have not been a problem... my small FOV reduces the
chance of seeing them... but I process the trails out if I get them.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old March 18th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Thanks everyone... no good guide star for this guy on the east side so the
galaxy is not framed well.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..
The second image of the night had FWHM at 3.0"

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc3938.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

ASTRO: NGC 2805 From Colorado Springs Doug W. Astro Pictures 9 March 18th 07 09:15 PM
ASTRO: NGC7606 From Colorado Springs Doug W. Astro Pictures 5 November 30th 06 06:13 AM
ASTRO: NGC1169 From Colorado Springs Doug W. Astro Pictures 6 November 27th 06 02:19 AM
Daily 3938 Joe Cooper Hubble 0 September 6th 05 04:27 PM
Anybody here live in Colorado near Colorado Springs? Shawn Amateur Astronomy 1 October 14th 04 02:22 AM