Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 16th 15, 08:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 11:54:23 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 1:11:03 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 10:37:30 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 1:17:55 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 1:01:07 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"HVAC" wrote in message ...

On 4/12/2015 2:36 PM, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 2:34:30 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 4/11/2015 6:01 PM, Double-A wrote:

Always some distraction here at the library, usually a noisy
raving idiot of some kind.

Ya. Probably some crazy homeless. Don't you just HATE them, AA?

No, most of the homeless people I knew were quiet. The noisy people
were being cared for at government expense.

51F here in Gresham as of 11:30 AM, on its way to 57F. Sunshine
with some clouds. Mostly dry.

The Library is quiet today on this Sunday morning. Unfortunately
this library does not have as many books as the Tigard Library. And
they are less strict on noise control. At Tigard if your cell phone
rang, they would pounce on you right away!

Just get a cheap ass tablet. A 7" tablet. Makes reading a pleasure.
Can be had for $75.00

*** Only in America ... a homeless dumpster diver, who has to use
the Public Library System for his Internet access and who has a
cell phone ... and now on his way to a 7" tablet ... I wonder how
the really poor are getting along ...

I don't know, but as soon as I get my welfare checks coming in, I'll be visiting my Cadillac dealership.

Double-A
AA Lots can be done to make the homeless more comfortable .Hate mongers would call it a waste of money.In the N.E. in winter they could sleep on water beds that are full with warm water. My grandfather took a water bottle to bed.GOPers will say "Where"s the Money"
TreBert

Bert, someday when I am President, everyone will have a place to place to stay and food to eat. And education will be free. Why not? We are all one big family.

Yesterday I went back to Tanasbourne, saw Kim briefly, then visited my locker and brought back a suitcase full of stuff including a security box I can store my bullion in.

Rained all yesterday afternoon and evening. Today the sun is back, and we are on a drying trend. Currently only 49F in Gresham as of 1:00 PM on its way to only 51F, but we are to expect warmer weather later in the week which might hit 70F!

Double-A

AA Getting hot here. I'm in shorts. All sun no cloud.Staying in Anaheim till 21st. Lawyer called me yesterday he heard my operation was NG,and wanted to know if he could be of help? I told him to call back in a month. I am busy now going into phase II with M&M.Will spend big $$$$ on adds. Pain or no pain I have to get going.The time is "NOW" Phase II is airlines ,cruise ships,and going to Vegas to do there motels. Trebert

More power to you, Bert. Seize the day!

All sunny and blue skies here in Gresham now. 60F as of 12:45 PM and rising to near 70F later. The warming trend is here.

Don't know why library is more crowed today. Maybe because the don't open until 12 on Thursdays.

Double-A

Old April 17th 15, 01:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Thanks AA Lets see what this ugly deaf old man can do? Here is a kicker that Mal-Practice lawyer wants me to come to his house in Newport Beach sunday.. He found my pictures in the Gazette. Will see. I hate the Freeway.So I'll go Sunday at 6:30am. trebert
Old April 17th 15, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 5:39:53 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Thanks AA Lets see what this ugly deaf old man can do? Here is a kicker that Mal-Practice lawyer wants me to come to his house in Newport Beach sunday. He found my pictures in the Gazette. Will see. I hate the Freeway.So I'll go Sunday at 6:30am. trebert

I think we should take advantage of every opportunity, since we get so few of them. I wish had sued the hospital for giving me that leg infection that gave me pain for 5 years! At least I never paid their bill!

A beautiful day here in Gresham! Sunny and not a cloud in the sky! 66F as of 1:30 PM, and on its way to 71F or more! Should get even warmer in coming days!

Double-A

Old April 18th 15, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another lovely springlike day here in Gresham. Lots of sunshine! 65F now at 1:30 PM on its way to 73F.

You know, Einstein reads more like a philosopher than a true scientist. He liked to draw his conclusions from thought experiments. Real scientists draw their conclusions from real experiments.

Double-A

Old April 18th 15, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 1:32:21 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 5:39:53 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Thanks AA Lets see what this ugly deaf old man can do? Here is a kicker that Mal-Practice lawyer wants me to come to his house in Newport Beach sunday. He found my pictures in the Gazette. Will see. I hate the Freeway.So I'll go Sunday at 6:30am. trebert

I think we should take advantage of every opportunity, since we get so few of them. I wish had sued the hospital for giving me that leg infection that gave me pain for 5 years! At least I never paid their bill!

A beautiful day here in Gresham! Sunny and not a cloud in the sky! 66F as of 1:30 PM, and on its way to 71F or more! Should get even warmer in coming days!

Double-A

AA 71 almost LA. Not going to see that Mal-practice lawyer for a month in hopes I get better.Staying close to hospital just in case. Been on the web a lot asyou can see. TreBert
Old April 19th 15, 08:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 3:33:07 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA 71 almost LA. Not going to see that Mal-practice lawyer for a month in hopes I get better.Staying close to hospital just in case. Been on the web a lot as you can see. TreBert

Hang in there, Bert. My health has improved, since I stopped doing all the things they told me to do at the clinic.

Another nice spring day here in Gresham. Sunny and 60F as of 11:30 AM. On the way to high seventies later.

Yesterday I explored the old cemetery down by Stark St. that remember seeing as a boy from the car as we drove by. The same old gravel road still goes in, abutted by a fence separating it from the newly developed paved streets and houses, and apartments. A sign says "Mt. View Stark, Oregon Historic Cemetery, Est. 1886." I did however find one gravestone marked 1880. There is one older house right next to the cemetery, but I don't think it was there when I was a boy, because I remember the view as unobstructed. Found many burials from the late 18 hundreds and early 19 hundreds. It is a small cemetery. But what I was surprised to see was that there have also been recent burials, quite a few since 2000. A young Russian man was buried as recently as 2013.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/mt-vi...XxFCAT8yHHkBYQ

I didn't see anybody I had known. There was one very fresh grave not yet marked with a permanent stone. It was probably this girl:

http://www.mtscottfuneralhome.com/me...er_id=1525440#

One woman's marker said, "It was a hell of a ride, now I wait for you."

Not sure why people still want to be buried in such an obscure pioneer cemetery.

In evidence with this state's now fanatical obsession to prohibit smoking, a sign at the cemetery read, "This is a no smoking zone." As if anyone in that cemetery would really mind!

Double-A

Old April 19th 15, 10:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 12:05:39 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

AA Feeling a little better. I was doing good. Drove 3200 miles. Made people laugh. Got M&M going. I have to do so much and just hope the opperation works. Windy,sunny about 82 Have not seen a cloud in over a week. Parking at hospital,and its working out well.Lots of hot water,pretty nurses.It has a lousy cafeteria .Been doing some cooking with mirrors. Its fun,and I'm trying to do it handerly. TreBert
Old April 20th 15, 06:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA No Sun this morning WOW However I predict no rain.Cool high will be 73 Got an email on my gravity laser theory. It asked for more information. I use to get email from U of Moscow,but not anymore. Belgium too. Will know my out come on laser surgery in 1n 20 hours. TreBert I'm big on lasers this month
Old April 20th 15, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:16:37 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

From Hawking?

I use to get email from U of Moscow,but not anymore.

Be careful not to give away any secrets to the Ruskies!

Belgium too. Will know my out come on laser surgery in 1n 20 hours. TreBert I'm big on lasers this month

Another sunny day here in Gresham. 69F as of 1:45 PM PDT. Yesterday there was some high haze which they said was smoke blown up here from a forest fire in California. But not so much today.

Double-A

Old April 21st 15, 04:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA LA has another dark morning,but sky clears by 11 am. No rain,Be at the hospital at 10am Today is the day of days for me. Its M&M or Hawaii.That April Fools day operation was a big mistake. Still I;m alive and kicking. TreBert

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM